• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO Windage Stop?

m1a convert

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2003
Idaho Falls
How would you use this feature?

Is it a more noticeable detent at the nuetral (neither left or right windage) position?

Re: USO Windage Stop?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hold for windage, as soon as you dail for it, it changes. </div></div>

+1

Although I have been told I need to dial wind, it just gets me all confused when it switches or changes...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1a convert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How would you use this feature?

Is it a more noticeable detent at the nuetral (neither left or right windage) position?

</div></div>

I had their windage stop on one of my USO scopes. It is a hard stop, and prevents the knob from going more than 180 degrees L or R.

In other words, it stops you from rotating the windage knob more then one rotation through the L and R windage range.

They have thier applications but you have to determine if it fits your needs. Like most here, I hold for wind. I got the M40 wind knob on my first USO. I will get the USO #1 under a cover from here on out as I have inadvertantly spun the wind knob off zero when carrying.

The wind stop keeps you from being a whole revolution off if you are dialing for wind.

Cheers,

Doc