• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO's flexibility allows me my ideal scope

264Charlie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2010
Texas
Hello Guys,

I could not find a scope I wanted so I worked with USO on a scope to meet my needs. The scope consists of a few options not normally available and a custom reticle.

I had to order ten scopes and pay additional tooling charges to make this happen. I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Scope Specs:</span> </span>
Magnification: 3 3.8-22X
Objective: 58mm
Tube: 34mm
Length: 448mm
Weight: 39oz (-/+)
Parallax: ERGO Rapid
Eyepiece: Rapid Focus
Elevation Knob: EREK 1/10 MIL -Milestone
Reticle: CaPRC Reticle
Color: Matte Black
Windage Knob: U.S. #3 M40 Style 1/10 MIL With Windage Stop
Lit Reticle: Yes, new style

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Unique Optio</span>ns </span>
The Rapid focus ERGO objective is not normally offered but has some unique advantages. The yardage markings are located on the rear of the objective housing for quick reference without moving from the shooting position, fewer moving parts and slightly better resolution than T-PAL units. Combined with the ability to focus quickly from 30yds to infinity ERGO is hard to beat.
get_image.jpg

The new digital rheostat, It will be about the same size as the current system. The rheostat will use a CR2032 battery. It will have an ON/OFF button along with a button for increasing brightness and one for decreasing brightness. The brightness controls can either be pushed repeatedly for minor brightness adjustment as well as held down for a fast scroll adjustment. There will be an auto shut off feature that turns the system off after 1 hour of non-use. When the system is turned back on it will be in the same brightness setting as it was left off.
DigitalRheostat.jpg

reticle.gif

Note the reticle did not render correctly in the photo.

If you are looking for something unique US Optics is the way to go.

Re: USO's flexibility allows me my ideal scope

The price of 10 scopes and 1,000 extra for a reticle.

Thanks, After my PH went done for the 2nd time I ordered them.

So what's custom about it other than the reticle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what's custom about it other than the reticle? </div></div>

exactly.

That rheostat control looks neat, how much more did it cost you than the regular one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what's custom about it other than the reticle? </div></div>

exactly. </div></div>

I did not say it had anything custom but the reticle... Just ordered them with some unique options.

"The scope consists of a few options not normally available and a custom reticle"

Fast Focus ERGO - This is different than std ERGO and not on USO site.
Milestone - Don't see this option on most scopetheys and not on USO site.
New illumination - board was just finished, will be some of the first scopes with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Usdmgtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what's custom about it other than the reticle? </div></div>

exactly. </div></div>

I did not say it had anything custom but the reticle... Just ordered them with some unique options.

"The scope consists of a few options not normally available and a custom reticle"

Fast Focus ERGO - This is different than std ERGO and not on USO site.
Milestone - Don't see this option on most scopetheys and not on USO site.
New illumination - board was just finished, will be some of the first scopes with it.
</div></div>

My most recent SN-3 came with a catalog and I noticed the new rheostat and milestone knob listed as options but this is the first I've heard of a new type of ERGO. I was about to send off another quote but think I will inquire about that now.

They have always had it, just have to ask if you want it.

How up to date USO's configurator is has nothing to do with it. I just took delivery of one scope and have 3 more on order that you can't configure on their web site.

It all comes down to the custom reticle, and you want people to share in the cost.

Call it what it is and maybe you'll get some traction. The chances that you'll get 9 takers on your exact configuration are about zero.

Don't think I said they are anything but what they are... Not sure why hostility. This thread was about highlighting USO flexibility.

_9H, not sure what you're ranting about here... There is a current USO group buy over on CaPRC for this scope, so don't think Usdmgtr ordered 10 just so he can push for sales here. Even if Usdmgtr will be listing some of these for sale, I've seen more than my share of people posting on other categories to get their sales threads noticed. Again, what is your concern?

Usdmgtr, cool scope. When I ordered mine in January I was inquiring about all those features, but waiting for some of them (digi rheostat) to come out of R&D was going to drive me nuts, so I eventually settled for a SN3 TPAL with the 110 click 1/10 mil EREK with Milestone, and left side windage with 35mm tube. I know it is silly but I prefer the analog rheostat to the digi.
smile.gif

Thats what I love about USO we all have options... This will be my first USO scope can't wait.

Now I just need to sell my PHs... I ordered the scopes to allow ppl to shoot a cool useful reticle. I am not making money on them.

cool deal.

I remembered when PHs were the cat's meow in the North Cal PRC circle... how things have changed...
smile.gif

I figure I still have at least 2 months to go to satisfy the 6 months wait...

how does the rapid ERGO differ from the current one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">_9H, not sure what you're ranting about here... There is a current USO group buy over on CaPRC for this scope, so don't think Usdmgtr ordered 10 just so he can push for sales here. Even if Usdmgtr will be listing some of these for sale, I've seen more than my share of people posting on other categories to get their sales threads noticed. Again, what is your concern?

Usdmgtr, cool scope. When I ordered mine in January I was inquiring about all those features, but waiting for some of them (digi rheostat) to come out of R&D was going to drive me nuts, so I eventually settled for a SN3 TPAL with the 110 click 1/10 mil EREK with Milestone, and left side windage with 35mm tube. I know it is silly but I prefer the analog rheostat to the digi.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Yeah same here with the analog rheostat, I like having the clicks and turning it to the desired position is faster for me than pushing buttons... but the digi looks cool!

USO - can't beat em

Just out of curiousity, will you explain the reticle (the way it is supposed to look)?

I believe the purpuse of the digital rheo is to offer an easy access option vs a covered knob.

Hi guys excuse my ignorance, but the scope in the picture is MOA isnt it not MIL?

Ewen

Yes it is. its just there to show the digi rheostat, its not the actual scope he is talking about.

so, it's easiest just to call about these options not listed on the website?

how much more does it cost for the milestone knob?

i don't know that i'd opt for the digi rheo unless the price was the same.

Don't know how the reticle differers from true rendering but, it looks like it's based on a USO GAP reticle with the RDP MOA center fine crosshair and hints of the Premier Gen II XR.

I like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how does the rapid ERGO differ from the current one?</div></div>
Wide range of focus 30yrd on up and faster "rapid" focus.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just out of curiousity, will you explain the reticle (the way it is supposed to look)?

I believe the purpuse of the digital rheo is to offer an easy access option vs a covered knob. </div></div>

The reticle lines are a bit off. It is a mil reticle with a fine crosshair in the center .2 mils from center in each direction. In the pic they look like they extent .5. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjsemtex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so, it's easiest just to call about these options not listed on the website?

how much more does it cost for the milestone knob?

i don't know that i'd opt for the digi rheo unless the price was the same.</div></div>
Milestone is $300 extra.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USO - can't beat em </div></div>

Of course you can! I beat em over the heads of dying animals to put them out of their misery all the time...
laugh.gif
Kidding... But you can beat them; they'll just keep ticking.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why didnt you take the christmas tree down further than 3 mils? </div></div>

Did not find that I hold wind and elev past 500yrds.

I really like the options you guys have chosen on this scope. The reticle however is not my cup of tea. I love the side prone dots, but hate the x-mas tree since I always dial elevation and hold for wind, lol, well I dont hold wind at all to be honest, I shoot a 7WSM
laugh.gif

Well because of this thread I just changed my most recent order to the new style rheostat.

I use only USO scopes for this reason. I even use them on my 22's. If I don't have the money for one on a new rifle I just don't shoot it!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really like the options you guys have chosen on this scope. The reticle however is not my cup of tea. I love the side prone dots, but hate the x-mas tree since I always dial elevation and hold for wind, lol, well I dont hold wind at all to be honest, I shoot a 7WSM
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Matches out this way have a lot of stages that will not allow you to dial. If you shoot big matches they will have stages with time limits so short it't very hard dial.

Interesting reticle ... wondering why not go with the Gen 2 XR ???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Taterxl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone is interested in some USO's at really good prices send me the specs and model you want and Ill shoot you a price. I can usually get them in about 16 weeks.

Thanks </div></div>

how does the pricing on USO work? can dealers offer a better price than if dealing directly with USO?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Taterxl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone is interested in some USO's at really good prices send me the specs and model you want and Ill shoot you a price. I can usually get them in about 16 weeks.

Thanks </div></div>

Hey man, Start your own thread... and guys buy from a Hide vendor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjsemtex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Taterxl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone is interested in some USO's at really good prices send me the specs and model you want and Ill shoot you a price. I can usually get them in about 16 weeks.

Thanks </div></div>

how does the pricing on USO work? can dealers offer a better price than if dealing directly with USO? </div></div>

All depends, Point of vendors is to stock product so you don't have to wait. Guy like the post above are just trying to make a buck and end up eroding margins from proper vendors that stock product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sapper524</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting reticle ... wondering why not go with the Gen 2 XR ??? </div></div>

I have 2 Gen II XRs... I like this much better.

Thanks </div></div>

Really? you are seriously going to come into someone else's thread and offer your products/services while not being a site sponsor at the same time?

Double epic fail!

Thanks</div></div>

Are you a Hide vendor yet? Have you check with LL about this sales pitch? Not saying members here will drop all other long term hide vendors and go to you just because of your one post, but this could get you banned if you skip the proper procedures.

Good luck~

Sorry about the above post it has been deleted. I wasnt trying to hijack the thread or piss anyone off. Just trying to help some hide members out. I am not currently a hide vendor but have been looking into it. I apologize once again for hijacking the thread it Wont happen again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Usdmgtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjsemtex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Taterxl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone is interested in some USO's at really good prices send me the specs and model you want and Ill shoot you a price. I can usually get them in about 16 weeks.

Thanks </div></div>

how does the pricing on USO work? can dealers offer a better price than if dealing directly with USO? </div></div>

All depends, Point of vendors is to stock product so you don't have to wait. Guy like the post above are just trying to make a buck and end up eroding margins from proper vendors that stock product. </div></div>

And "group buys" DON'T?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjsemtex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Taterxl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how does the pricing on USO work? can dealers offer a better price than if dealing directly with USO? </div></div>

All depends, Point of vendors is to stock product so you don't have to wait. Guy like the post above are just trying to make a buck and end up eroding margins from proper vendors that stock product. </div></div>

but, to get something configured exactly the way you want it, is buying it directly from USO the only option?

or are there dealers that do enough volume that you might be able to get a slightly better price?

If you're going to spend $2500, why waste time trying to find someone who is $100 cheaper and only forms another link in the chain?

i'm only asking the a simple question,

'is buying it directly from USO the only option?'...

if it's best to deal with them directly, i have no problem with that.

For a custom one yes, it's the only option. There are a few dealers that carry some "standard" built scopes but if you want something built to your specs on the site, you need to order direct.

Jake

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjsemtex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm only asking the a simple question,

if it's best to deal with them directly, i have no problem with that. </div></div>

Only option....NO.....

BEST option.....YES.....

guys, thanks for the input.

and apologies if i started to take this topic off-topic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjsemtex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm only asking the a simple question,

if it's best to deal with them directly, i have no problem with that. </div></div>

No, its not the only option. But, IMO, it is the best option. I got a spec'ed USO from a vendor and it took significantly longer than if I had ordered it directly from them.

I deal straight with USO now. In some ways, it can pull business from a vendor, but, thats the beauty of US Optics. They are specifically set up to go directly from manufacturer to end user.

Bottom line, the most whined about gripe with USO is lead times. I really enjoy my USOs, but if I had one thing to bitch about like the typical immediate-selfgratification American, it would be how long it takes to get one. Who is going to know lead times and production status better than the manufacturer themselves? Certain not a vendor.

Dealing straight with them gets my vote.

Shoot, sorry. Typed a reply, came back and submitted it and was too late on the draw.

On another topic, I asked this question a while back in the thread that was started in the classifieds.

I talked to Becky two, maybe three weeks ago and was told the Milestone was only going to be avialable in the 17x power models. Has this changed? I ask because I inquired about a 5-25 with the milestone and it is not available.