• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USPS - Delays in Shipping Times

CaptNemo

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2009
    Southern Alabama
    Looks like USPS is having "Issues" with personnel - Hiring, Training & Retention due to working conditions, etc.
    I have some parts for my Jeep that stalled in Oklahoma City for the past several days and I'm not sure if they are lost or just "Stuck".
    Thankfully, it's not critical parts so my XJ is drivable.
    Just a heads up to be more selective in your shipping choices for items that are time critical.
    Just remember, Fedex will take your money, but they don't believe that you should own an AR-15 or High Capacity Magazines : https://newsroom.fedex.com/newsroom...-national-rifle-association-gun-safety-policy

Looks like USPS is having "Issues" with personnel - Hiring, Training & Retention due to working conditions, etc.
    I have some parts for my Jeep that stalled in Oklahoma City for the past several days and I'm not sure if they are lost or just "Stuck".
    Thankfully, it's not critical parts so my XJ is drivable.
    Just a heads up to be more selective in your shipping choices for items that are time critical.
    Just remember, Fedex will take your money, but they don't believe that you should own an AR-15 or High Capacity Magazines : https://newsroom.fedex.com/newsroom...-national-rifle-association-gun-safety-policy
    UPS doesn't even think we should ship rifle stocks. Screw 'em all.

Yeah I am seeing a bit of chaos with USPS lately but knock on wood nothing too bad. I run an e-commerce so I have incoming with all three but outgoing is USPS. All three seem about the same lately to my location in Wyoming. Late packages from all three this week.

SEVERAL DAYS? Oh the humanity.

07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpg

At least unlike FedEx the whole order might arrive. I had a fedex ammo order where someone along the line opened the box and decided they needed a few boxes of my 308 more than I did. Not to mention my fedex deliveries are almost all marked as delivered, then they show up a few days after. It’s not just a carrier problem, it’s getting hard to find someone competent in allot of retail positions.

SEVERAL DAYS? Oh the humanity.

07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpg

If it was something time critical, I'd be worried.
    USPS Tracking has always been trash, but now the service seems to match.

Just another part in the "Supply Chain Issues" everyone is having.
    I have a pallet of parts sitting in Southampton UK that has been there for a week due to the ineptitude of the shipping dept.
    It'll be at least another week to two weeks and a minimum of 3 to 5 phone calls before those parts get to my shop.

I'm waiting on some Trijicon suppressor sights. They are late and the tracking dosen't make any sense. So i figure I'll give it a week and contact the store.

I had a package coming from Midway USA . they shipped it through usps It got lost at ST. Louis and 2 weeks later I called midway and they checked and determined it was lost so they sent me another order ups . It arrived 2 days later . about 6 weeks later I started getting shipping updates from usps and it went from ST Louis to Birmingham Alabama . Back to Houston Texas Memphis Tennessee and then to sikeston Missouri and my house which is in south east missouri . It's only 160 miles from my home to midway . It was the lost part's I called midway and ask them if they wanted to send me a shipping label and I would send it back they said forget about it and keep the second order . Three weeks ago I ordered some muzzle adaptors from griffin armament They shipped them through usps The package made it to St Louis sorting center in 24 hours . and once again It went into never , never land and took 2 weeks to go 100 miles for delivery .

• Sad
    Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    UPS is best in my area too. The guy that delivers to my house knows when im ordering bulk pistol/ AR ammo and he sets it to the side of my house out of sight. Everything else he sets at the front door…. He understands the times we live in and actually gives a crap about his job.

I have found if I drive around this great country picking products up I spend way more money than having them shipped to my door . You have two choices , figure out what works for you . :rolleyes:

We run an ecom side as well as brick and mortar. Best one to date was a package going from our facility in San Antonio to Philly. It detoured and took a week vacation in Honolulu before getting back into the system.