• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USPS lost stock in trade what next?

Anchor Zero Six

Problem Solver
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
Corona Komifornia
In 10+ years buying, selling and trading here on the Hide my luck ran out.

Traded stocks with another member here and USPS I think lost the package that I sent. Was supposed to be delivered on the 20th and as of the 24th still not delivered or any tracking updates.

I did insure it so thats a plus but cant file claim for 7 working days.

So my question is what is proper etiqute here? Send back stock and then file claim and await payment and buy replacement. Or make claim and send funds to other guy? My stock was of slightly higher value so it would be in his favor just at the cost of time. As for returning the stock I have the issue there is I already modified it and skim bedded for my action.

Think the worst part was his stock got to me in record time, 3 days earlier than tracking stated. Figured his would be about same, called that one wrong!

you shouldnt have done anything to your new stock until you knew the deal was over golden...
you are at the mercy of your business partner, how does he want to finish the deal?
he is not going to give a shit about usps fucking your end of the deal up

Skim bedding should pop right off. By modifying I should clarify spent more money on it. Added fwd rail and grip and recoated. Nothing detracting from value quite the opposite in fact.

Send back with upgrades for his hassle is what Im thinking.

I have had it go both ways with retailers. A few times been sent replacements for items lost in shipping but vastly more often I have been told take the claim to the shipping carrier. Again first time this has happened in a private transaction so not sure whats the concensus on what is appropriate.

Well I have done business with you and was very satisfied in the way you handled the transaction....

I hope this doesn't cast suspicion upon you regards future dealings.

Sometimes shit happens.

USPS is often the target of complaint but Ive had very good experiences. I wont be surprised if your stock is eventually found, hopefully soon to eliminate the problem.

I recall a post regarding a party that bought a brown Eagle Industries drag bag, a somewhat rare highly sought M40A1 accessory. He paid and the bag never showed up. The seller gave him all the tracking info, USPS said it was gone. About a year later he updated to inform he went to his local post office for some reason and the postmaster tells him they have a box for him and have had it for awhile. It was his Eagle big brown turd.

USPS has this hole somewhere that packages fall into for about three weeks. It's happened to me, and I've seen it happen to many other people, even here on the Hide. Your package will probably get to it's destination, but probably in about three weeks. As far as filing a claim, if I remember correctly, the package has to be lost for at least 45 days before you can file a claim. Good luck AZS.

You need to work it out with the other party. They should have the option of getting the stock back or cash if they'd rather do that.

USPS has this hole somewhere that packages fall into for about three weeks. It's happened to me, and I've seen it happen to many other people, even here on the Hide. Your package will probably get to it's destination, but probably in about three weeks. As far as filing a claim, if I remember correctly, the package has to be lost for at least 45 days before you can file a claim. Good luck AZS.

That's happened to me a couple of times. One time the tracking picked up a couple weeks later showing it in FL. Where it was shipped from / to, there was no reason for it being in FL.

Well I have done business with you and was very satisfied in the way you handled the transaction....

I hope this doesn't cast suspicion upon you regards future dealings.

Sometimes shit happens.

USPS is often the target of complaint but Ive had very good experiences. I wont be surprised if your stock is eventually found, hopefully soon to eliminate the problem.

I recall a post regarding a party that bought a brown Eagle Industries drag bag, a somewhat rare highly sought M40A1 accessory. He paid and the bag never showed up. The seller gave him all the tracking info, USPS said it was gone. About a year later he updated to inform he went to his local post office for some reason and the postmaster tells him they have a box for him and have had it for awhile. It was his Eagle big brown turd.

where the hell did you take that picture, man, thats heaven...

Wishing you a happy ending.

giphy.gif

That's happened to me a couple of times. One time the tracking picked up a couple weeks later showing it in FL. Where it was shipped from / to, there was no reason for it being in FL.

A couple months ago I ordered a part from Wisconsin, I felt it should have been here (Utah) in 3 days. When It wasn't I checked tracking and it said it was sitting in Anchorage, Alaska. Sat there for 3 days and then started moving again. Took 11 days to get here.

USPS is known to park trailers behind a sorting plant for up to 14 days. If you have a tracking number, track it and complain to you post master.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk