• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USPS taking their sweet time, or.....

Priority comes with tracking #. So where is it? (USPS tracking sucks). Mail has been a mess here since shut down. Maybe it is unrelated but normally I get mail about 2:00pm. 3 days ago it was 9:00pm (9:07 actually). Last 2 days have been before 10:00am. Weird.

Oh boy. They strike again? Some are familiar with my experience selling a rifle and shipping usps years ago. I’d be checking on it. It’s been what a little over 2 weeks. Yeah, what does the tracking say? I’d go raise cain locally first, then get the postmaster involved if you have to. I’d tell you my story but I don’t feel like typing it all out again. Let’s just say people were busted and my contacts at the ATF came in handy.

The tracking just says “In Transit”. Can’t get any information from the two post offices in Fairbanks I’ve tried to contact. They won’t even answer the phone. I’d just walk in, but they’re over 200 air miles from here. Tried the 800 number, that’s just a maze of automated BS that leads nowhere. Hopefully the shutdown has created a delay. Really trying not to think it’s gone, but I’ve had a bad feeling about shipping this rifle for about a year.

The tracking just says “In Transit”. Can’t get any information from the two post offices in Fairbanks I’ve tried to contact. They won’t even answer the phone. I’d just walk in, but they’re over 200 air miles from here. Tried the 800 number, that’s just a maze of automated BS that leads nowhere. Hopefully the shutdown has created a delay. Really trying not to think it’s gone, but I’ve had a bad feeling about shipping this rifle for about a year.

Shipping a rifle from AK to MO? Even with 3 day that's probably gonna take longer. Pile on .gov being out of order.. 2 weeks doesn't seem unreasonable yet.

That’s what I’m hopiing. Just starting to get a little anxious. It used to be you could follow its progress with the tracking, now it’s just a big black hole until it arrives at its destination. Being able to see progress at least gave you some feeling of satisfaction.

Yeah, had no idea you were in Alaska. Like quickndirty said, that’s not a huge amount of time considering the circumstances but I’d certainly keep a check on it. Maybe call a post office at the destination area and see what they say or can dig up. I believe they get a tad more info on their end than it just saying it’s in transit. I’d say by 3.5 weeks I’d start getting a little worried. Let me know if I can help. I’ve been down this road.

Not a rifle, I make and sell case lube, but it all goes out priority and since before Christmas it's been slow as fuck. Still is. I saw a lady in there the other day bitching about stuff not arriving (and watched the PO guy lie his ass off to her). I traded a set of flip sights for an angled set and I mailed mine out the day before the other fellow. I got his in about a week. Two weeks later, he was still waiting! I called USPS and they didn't seem to concerned until I told 'em I was even less concerned and had insured it for twice what it's worth and I have another set of sights to square the guy away with so I hope they do lose it.

It showed up two days later I believe.

"Priority" is running about 1-2 weeks, give or take.

Reactions: Geno C.
How about a package from Seattle area to WI send 2 day and it took 20... I’ve had a really tough time getting packages on time the last couple months. My last rifle shipped from my smith, 6 hour drive from here, took 2 weeks... the tracking would go dead for a couple days, then show up somethwere it wasn’t supposed to go. Then dark and again somewhere it wasnsnt supposed to be. I think they say 30 days before they consider it lost??

eh they have nothing on ups. i'm supposed to be getting a repaired rifle back. out for delivery yesterday. they dumped one package (from another store) at my mailbox but didn't feel like driving my rifle down my driveway so i could sign for it. sure, we had a foot of snow on the weekend but streets are completely clear, and i plowed my driveway (down to a inch on the gravel portion, down to the pavement on the paved portion). i call their 800 number and they promise the local hub will call me back, never happened and they refuse to give me their (local hub) number. meanwhile amazon guy with an econobox of course had zero issues delivering another package to my door yesterday and of course we got in and out no problem as well. boxes at various mailboxes around town, guy just didn't want to waste his time actually delivering stuff.

If it absolutely must get to it’s destination- registered mail...

Yep. Unless something has changed, everyone who touches it has to sign for it, so they know not just where, but also WHO had it last.

If it absolutely must get to it’s destination- registered mail...

Yep, should’ve sent it registered. Oh well, can’t call it back now. I’m glad to hear things are slow, not for the inconvenience of others, but I won’t start sweating it yet. It’ll probably show up in another few days. Thanks for the input from everyone.

Reactions: Geno C.
Bought a set of Badger rings from this site a couple of years ago........came from Alaska, seemed like it took for fucking ever.......

I bought a rifle from a guy on here a couple of years ago, he sent it registered mail, and it still took forever. I could see where it was at, but I couldn't make it move any faster.