• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Usps vs Amazon

Animal357

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Aug 18, 2020
    When mailing from anywhere in the country, the last stop before hitting my local PO is the PO in St. Louis.

USPS routinely takes 2 full days AFTER showing departure from St. Louis to get to my town which is 1 hour away. It takes them 48 hours for 1 hour trip.

Somehow, Amazon can ship the day before it is due and get to me on time in just one day from anywhere in the country, even though it goes through the same St. Louis PO.

How do Amazon packages get delivered in one day, without next day service, yet all other packages take 4-5 days?

As stupid as this sounds Amazon probably has a priority contract. I live in St. Louis and know what you mean. I get something shipped from midway from USPS and it takes days. Even though it’s probably two hours away.

Shit, since the Covid scam began Amazon has been using it as an excuse to basically ignore their previous 2nd Day Delivery promise. Yes, I have Prime and I can't remember the last time I got a package in less than 7-10 days. I'd be happy if I got them in 4-5 days.

Reactions: AleksanderSuave
    Shit, since the Covid scam began Amazon has been using it as an excuse to basically ignore their previous 2nd Day Delivery promise. Yes, I have Prime and I can't remember the last time I got a package in less than 7-10 days. I'd be happy if I got them in 4-5 days.
    not to mention the fuckers raised the yearly rate by $20

• Angry
    Reactions: Arc Light
    Agreed. They no longer consider it a measurable benefit you paid for with prime. You can bitch to customer support and maybe get a $5-$10 dollar discount on renewal, but delivery times have went to shit, and the odds of missing packages has increased significantly in my area too.

Reactions: Arc Light
    I just ordered something from Amazon last Friday. It was delivered by USPS on Sunday. If I were to ship the same package it would cost me more than I paid for the package AND shipping. Amazon has some sort of scam deal with USPS that no other shipper can get.

Reactions: Animal357
    I just ordered something from Amazon last Friday. It was delivered by USPS on Sunday. If I were to ship the same package it would cost me more than I paid for the package AND shipping. Amazon has some sort of scam deal with USPS that no other shipper can get.
    Not really a secret. USPS takes volume contracts from others (last mile delivery included). They will even deliver Prime packages on sunday, but wont deliver USPS packages on sunday. If you shipped at the volume Amazon did, you could get that deal too.

UPS ships plenty where USPS delivers the "last mile"/local part, and manages to fuck that up too.

Depends where you live.

I often get Amazon stuff next day even if was not promised. Sometimes two days, very uncommon to be more.

It's rarely delivered by USPS or UPS now, but it used to be. Now it's almost always the gray vans.

Going back to why - well here those Amazon vans are as common as dirt. They have major warehouses and/or distribution centers. It's rare an order just sits around without being sent out. Storage costs them money as well.

I dumped Prime years ago when they were consistently 10+ days to get something delivered. I dumped Amazon altogether when their in-house delivery guys kept delivering my packages to the wrong address last year (when nobody else had an issue). I tried to get them to put me in touch with their logistics folks so we could figure it out but they had no interest. The last time the driver delivered the package to the wrong house, I called and got a replacement sent because I could tell it wasn't my house in the picture, and the next driver delivered the replacement right next to the original! Spoke to CS and they told me that my neighbors were stealing my packages and I should consider using their lockers. I lost my shit. Took 3 calls to get my money back, cancelled all of my other pending orders, wrote a message to their support folks (unanswered), and haven't looked back.

Fuck Amazon and the incompetents they hire. That includes AWS. Now if I'm not willing to pay the shipping fees online, I go buy local, and I'm fine with that.

The only reason I keep prime is to fuck with them. I order like a 3 dollar USB cable and get it the next day. Then order some other little item and get it the day after that. Never combine items into one order.

• Haha
    Reactions: Aftermath
    Newbs.
    When I order anything from scamazon I get a "free offer" to try Prime.
    I say OK, I'll try it, and as soon as whatever arrives I cancel which is well before the 30 day trial has expired.
    Lather, rinse, repeat.
    I have never paid for prime and never will.
    But.....I get all the benefits.
    Hey, it's their rules, I just exploit them.

The only reason I keep prime is to fuck with them. I order like a 3 dollar USB cable and get it the next day. Then order some other little item and get it the day after that. Never combine items into one order.

Same here. Lots of sub-$10-$20 items I'm not going to waste time and gas to find local retailer is out of stock.
    They have been good about deliveries.

Reactions: AleksanderSuave
    As stupid as this sounds Amazon probably has a priority contract. I live in St. Louis and know what you mean. I get something shipped from midway from USPS and it takes days. Even though it’s probably two hours away.
    Its a long way to go through Bejiing.
    :ROFLMAO:

Now, instead of driving it fro the St. Louis PO my my PO an hour away, the sent it to Iowa. What a shitshow