• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Utah Hiders?

Re: Utah Hiders?

Hey man. I live in the slc area. I thought I was alone too.

Another one kicking down here in Carbon County. If you haven't shot at the new range (North Springs)down here you should.
BR

Tooele, here.

We are planning a large Steel Shoot, a run and gun type of setup. Won't be a huge event with sponsors, atleast not now, but should be a good time. Watch for it in the spring. Would be all steel with maybe 1 paper. Hunting and Tactical class. I'm trying to decide whether or not I will allow LRF's. Will have spotters at each station so scoring will be easy.

St George here. Ill keep an eye out for your shoot in the spring time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tooele, here.

We are planning a large Steel Shoot, a run and gun type of setup. Won't be a huge event with sponsors, atleast not now, but should be a good time. Watch for it in the spring. Would be all steel with maybe 1 paper. Hunting and Tactical class. I'm trying to decide whether or not I will allow LRF's. Will have spotters at each station so scoring will be easy.

</div></div>

You shooting in Rush Valley?

Rush Valley is one of the spots that we use. I know several landowner that'll allow us on the property. I'm also looking into land use permits so that we can have a true hike and shoot. Say 1 mile in rough terrain. Somehting that a guy with a disablitity could get through or I could even have my kid run a person around in the Rhino.

I will definately contact people for sponsorship.

Thanks guys

I"m in SLC also...We should all try to get together sometime...meet up, get to know one another, ring some steel...

I am from Francis (summit county area). I will definetly look forward to the shoot in the spring. I am always looking for new people to shoot with. We have a small range in Park City on our own private property, maybe we can get to gether there some day. Max range of 750 yards.

thats awesome. sign me up for the shoot. i have been looking for people to shoot with also.

Where does everyone shoot? I'm usually at lee kay. For the riffles and dougs for the pistols. If anyone wants to go let me know

I am in Germany... used to be in Roy haha I will be back in about 2 years!

EDIT: Looks like I will be there on leave from March 19th to April 2nd if anyone wants to meet up and shoot then grab some dinner or something! Let me know I am planning on meeting up with Russ if anyone else might want to join in! I guess I better get something purchased before I get back! haha

We can plan a shoot and dinner late March, when Doug in CONUS.

I shoot most weekends and can get you as close or as far away from the target as you want.

I don't do organized ranges, not when I live where I do.

So does anyone want to meet up and hit an indoor range? If so send me a pm. I'm in west jordan.

I'm in Midvale, usually shoot at Hendrickson in Parleys Canyon. I'm up for the spring shoot in the Tooele area.

Russ, let me know about this idea of yours, I have been thinking out something very similar with my team. we have done it a few times in the mountains above Davis county. I'd love to come help you set up and run the course.
It looks like there are more than enough operators around here to make it fun, we need a good reason to get together anyway.

will do Coldbore. I dunno how many "operators" there are, but i know there are a lot of shooters who don't do this for a living that would be in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ofcourse LC. Will be contacting you for input. </div></div>

Any caliber restrictions planned lol??

uhhh, we will be using my personal steel, so yeah. Probably 338 Lapua.

I will be trying to talk to a few different people I know to get some "Incentives" for the top shooters

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">uhhh, we will be using my personal steel, so yeah. Probably 338 Lapua.

I will be trying to talk to a few different people I know to get some "Incentives" for the top shooters
</div></div>

While a tour of the Temple Square is nice…….I think there are a few “Hiders” who would spontaneously combust....

That or we can have Max Hall give another of his inspirational fireside chats to the members.
crazy.gif

Max Hall played like crap the whole game and then spewed that kind of attitude???

What a piece of work. Let's see if he can win the bowl game this year.

Combust we must....Go Utes!

every wednsday at dougs shooting. just off 5400s and redwood they have a bowling pin shoot out. for pistols. its only$6 for doubble elemination. i had alot of fun last time i went. but it is every wed. so keep it in mind.

Just relocated a couples months back. Shot at the range down off of 201 a couple times here in SLC.

Been trying to locate a place to call yotes. Wouldn't mind a calling partner once I get some spots scouted out.

I am in for a gathering/shoot.

-c

I would shoot some yotes with ya. I have a few good places but there in vernal. I wouldn't know the first place to look around here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: o1sick7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would shoot some yotes with ya. I have a few good places but there in vernal. I wouldn't know the first place to look around here.</div></div>

Go to the extreme south end of Cedar Valley. I have a buddy that works for the Feds and hunts them from the air. Supercub and a shotgun, flying low and slow. What a way to earn a paycheck. Take the dirt road past Camp Floyd and head south or take the road on the west side of Utah Lake (extends from Redwood Road) and go to the end of the lake then catch one of the roads heading west into the south Cedar Valley area. Good Luck.

Pitts. Thanks for the info brother. I will have to check them out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stickboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just relocated a couples months back. Shot at the range down off of 201 a couple times here in SLC.

Been trying to locate a place to call yotes. Wouldn't mind a calling partner once I get some spots scouted out.

I am in for a gathering/shoot.

-c
</div></div>

I live in orem and me and my buddy's need some learning about calling in coyotes so let me know if you ever want to go out and we will plan something. We have tried all summer this year but never got anything close enough to shoot and its starting to get irritating.

Everyone who has been watching this and wondering about the steel match. It's a no go for March.

I have a large list of people that wanted email notification and will be sending that out as well.