• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Utah Shootouts July 11 Results

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
Tried some new stuff today.

Had 5 bowling pins from 200 to 600 yards. 5 shots, You can aim at any one you want. 5 points each.

Reset pins, 5 more shots at any one(s) you want. Scored 5 pts for the 200 yd, 10 pts for the 300 yd, 15 for 400, 20 for 500, & 25 pts for the 600 yd pin.

Then took 5 shots at the 1000 yard silhouette.

Then shot 5 targets, 2 shots each, from 5 shooting positions. Had 60 seconds to fire 2 shots and get to the next shooting position. 10 to 50 yards between. This was the over the edge, 50 to 220 yds.

After that we spent time practicing on the running man target at 100 yds, and the 100 yard turning targets. (trying out some new paper and steel) Some guys went back and finished off the bowling pins and some 1000 yard stuff. Didn't count points during these practice sessions.

More Detailed scores are on the web site www.utahshootouts.com

Christian 45
Scott 131
Dan W 95
Bruce 97
Todd 68
Jay 65
Russ 143
Bob 90
Mark 11
Clint 80
Dan 66
Lon 134
? 21
Shooter 13 came late, I didn't get your name.

On the LE range Christian lost a couple of 30 rnd mags, everybody look and see if they happened to get in your stuff. Thanks, Clint

Re: Utah Shootouts July 11 Results

HEY, I done good!

Fun shoot as always Clint. Thanks again.

BTW, lack of a Lunch from the girls was just not right. Sweet talk them into it for us would ya.

Good to see all the guys again and hope to see ya'll next month.

Russ

Hey, I done pretty good also. I feel real good with third. I should probable shoot the gun more and dare I say ... "practice".

It was fun.

Scott

BTW, Practice is over rated. If we all go unprepared, it levels the playing field.

Geeze, I wish I could say I done good. How bout you guys not practice and I practice for next month. (just kiddin)

Ya, I gave the cooks a few months off. I know no dutch oven is not fair but I think they will make up for it in Sept.

That Lon guy came with his buddy Dan. (not Dan W that is Scotts buddy) They got there right when we were starting to shoot. He is in one of the youtude videos from last year, the guy holding up that silhouette 1000 yard target (same as we shot last Sat) with the five bullet holes in it.

Clint

OHHH, the guy with the 32# benchrest gun!

Never cought his name, nice feller though.

I think shooter 13's name is Dakota. He was shooting that Remington 300 win mag.

Scott