• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UTAH SHOOTOUTS Mar. 14, Apr.11

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
Mar. 14, .22 - RIMFIRE and practice session
9:00 am to whenever you want to quit in the afternoon. Anyone that wants to practice the moving targets in the Law Enforcement area and get their dope down anywhere else on the range.

This is the day to use your .22 rim fire semi auto. In the afternoon we will have 3 or 4 stages disigned from slow fire accuracy to fast as you can go with 15 round and 25 round magazines. Shoot any or all stages. You may try them again too.

We will do the Dutch oven lunch thing or have venison stew. Total cost will be $20 for the day per shooter. Please R.S.V.P. for lunch.

APR. 11 - UTAH STATE SNIPER SHOOT
25 to 1000 yards
8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Any person can enter. Any rifle and equipment you can carry to the firing line in one trip.(about 100 yards at the most on the over the edge stages) Some stages would be: 5 minutes to walk on to the firing line, set up, and engage target. There can be multiple targets and or distances on a single stage.

One rifle per stage. You can use different rifles for different stages. I don't care if you use .22 rf up to 50 BMG. Get the job done with whatever you bring. You must write down on score sheet what rifle you use on each stage.

We will not be shooting past 1000 yards. Range find any way you can.There will be par times on most stages. Some par times could be pretty short.

Prone, sitting, standing is your choice but will probably have to use all three to be able to see the targets. You will be able to use any barricade, tree, etc. available inside shooting area if you like. No, you can not use the nice cement shooting benches they have there. There will be targets as small as 1/2 moa (well, maybe one or two smaller) with hostages close by on most. Hostage hits are minus points. To shoot or not, at any of these, is your choice.

I think there is one you won't know the par time. Then there is the walk in the park. Bring a semi auto for this. Many things can and will happen. Have fun. (WARNING: with the sound effects, this can be very intense) 30 round minimum for the gun you use on this stage.

Bring 100 rounds ammo besides the walk in the park stage. This is an individually scored match, but help from spotter on most targets is encouraged (maybe necessary on some, unless you are used to shooting alone, you can still probably do ok). We will match you up with someone if need be. When you sign in give name of your partmer and we will give them same place on firing line but different squad. There will be unique tropies for top 10 places. Plus Prizes and Dutch Oven BBQ lunch for all. Cost $50.

UPDATE: We may do these unique tropies as participation trophies too. The trophy makers will be there at the range and take pictures of each shooter with their rifle and print the picture on the trophy. It is a semi transparent picture on a glass plaque, in a stand. They gave me a sample trophy with a photo of John Wayne holding a rifle. They are really cool. Except it says John Wayne already took first place. I think most of us can beat John Wayne though. Try to let me know about a month ahead so they can have enough supplies to do everybody.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT CLINT: EMAIL [email protected] or 801 599 1574

PLEASE TRY TO LET ME KNOW AT LEAST A MONTH PRIOR TO MATCH IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND, SO WE CAN PLAN THE FOOD, AND HAVE ENOUGH SUPPLIES FOR PARTICIPATION TROPHIES. IF YOU DECIDE LATER THAN Mar 15, JUST LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS YOU CAN. WE WILL PLAN ON A FEW EXTRAS.

We have also schedualed May 2, May 23-25, June 13, July 11, Aug.8, & keep in mind SEPTEMBER 12-13. THIS WILL BE A PRECISION SHOOTING COMPETITION OUT TO 1000 YARDS. GRAND PRIZE: 3000 DOLLAR CUSTOM TACTICAL PRECISION RIFLE. Other prizes too. Match fee $100.

Re: UTAH SHOOTOUTS Mar. 14, Apr.11

This sounds very interesting. Can you tell me where it will be held?

Re: UTAH SHOOTOUTS Mar. 14, Apr.11

Called today on my rifle it will be another 3 weeks for delivery. Might be cutting it close for this shoot.