• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Utah Shootouts Practical Precision July 5, 2014 RESULTS-MORE GREAT VIDEOS

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
July 5, 2014 Practical Precision Match
Out to 1000 yds. Bring 50 rounds for score.
$7 range fee, $20 match fee. Lunch included.
Sign in 9:30, sight in on 100 yd range.
For those that can get away on this 4th of July weekend, what a great way to celebrate our Independence by exercising our 2nd Amendment rights and responsibilities.

Last edited:
Please let me know if you plan on attending in July.

Also here's more information you might be interested in.

August 2, 2014 Practical Precision, Semi Auto, Pistol Match.
Precision out to 1000 yds. 50 rnds.
Semi Auto a lot of close up. 60 rnds.
Pistol. 50 Rnds.
$7 range fee, $20 match fee. Lunch included.
Sign in 9:30, sight in on 100 yd range.

6TH ANNUAL UTAH STATE SNIPER SHOOT
September 13th and 14th 2014
Three guns – Practical Precision, Semi Auto & Pistol.
Bring 120 rounds each gun
$125 cost includes all fees, t shirt, lunch, plus all the other good stuff.

Safety Officers, the fine people that run the shooters through the Course of Fire will shoot for free on Friday the 12th and Saturday morning. Their assistants, those who are spotters and score keepers shoot for $50 at the same time as the SO's. Non-shooting SO's and other major players will get a pick off the prize table too.

Please contact me if you have experience in these areas. Roster will be limited by how many SO's we get. We can handle 24 shooters at the moment. Paid shooters will be put on shooter list when space is available and money is received. I will contact you and let you know when you are put on the list.

Registration is open. Send (please print so I can read it) first and last name, address, phone, email, shirt size and $125 check or money order to:

Clinton G. Simon
921 Fremont Av.
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104

Contact me if you want to pay by pay pal, credit or debit card.
No refunds after August 15, 2014. I will deposit checks then.

Thanks,
Clint
801 599 1574

We have about 15 to shoot on the 5th. Keep letting me know if you are planning on being there. If we have less than normal because of the holiday I don't want to buy too much food. I've been working on the Over the Edge venue this week. You guys might not recognize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Please let me know if you want to be added or deleted from the list so I can get close on the food.

Some are dropping out when they find out their family has something planned for the 3 day weekend (don't miss those moments).

I'm here at the range and got a hell of a COF set up. 100 to 1000 yds, Over the Edge, turning and moving targets, run& gun.

We got at least a dozen still on the list.

Please let me know if you want to be added or deleted from the list so I can get close on the food.

Some are dropping out when they find out their family has something planned for the 3 day weekend (don't miss those moments).

I'm here at the range and got a hell of a COF set up. 100 to 1000 yds, Over the Edge, turning and moving targets, run& gun.

We got at least a dozen still on the list.

Hey Clint, where do you hold your matches, specifically? I see you're in SLC, just curious where the match occurs as we'd be coming from Boise and need a place to stay.

Hoping to make it out to the 8/2 shoot. I just found this and not sure if I'll be able to swing it with my work schedule, but I sure would love to. Would you have room for a few out of towners?

Thank you much!

You made me realize I didn't put the location in this notice.

It's at the North Springs Shooting Range, Price, Ut. Which is farther for you than Salt Lake. You can google the range or Carbon County to get directions.

The National 9 Inn in Price has given us some real good rates for a place to stay. Or you can camp out at the range for $8 per night.

Any more questions just ask.

July 5, 2014 Scores

Bryce B 231
Curtis B 228
Jeff F 223
Michael E 213
PJ R 190
Austin S 177
Ryan W 177
Steve R 163
Greg H 163
Ian A 154
Darin H 142
Nick N 136
Scott P 115
Dave D 114
Jim C 69
Nate W 67
Mason F 60

A great crowd of 17 shooters on the 3 day, 4th of July weekend.

Stage 1 was everyone at the same time run 100 yards to their gun and fire the cold bore 100 yards. Then they had 30 seconds after I told them where the second shot was at a target on the back of the paper they just shot at 7 inches higher and 2 inches to the right. Then 5 shots at 500 yard paper.

Then they split into two squads. One went to the 400 some to 1003 yard learn your limits stage. The other went to the Over the Edge stages about 100 to 350 yard targets. Stage 3 was 10 shots, 4 positions (barrel top, prone, roof top & car top). Stage 4 was 10 shots, 5 positions (RR tie pile, stack of barrels & 3 windows of the log cabin).

As shooters finished all those stages I ran them through the last stage of 10 shots 100 yards at turning and moving targets. The last time the turner faced it was one half second (kicked their asses).

I guess I'll have to shoot again and show them how it's done.

Great bunch of guys, a lot of laughs & BS going on. With some good food.

Thanks All.