• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Utah Shootouts Practical Precision Rifle Mar. 1, 2014 - RESULTS

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
March 1, 2014 – Practical Precision Rifle Match
North Springs Shooting Range, Price, Ut
Sign in: 9:30 am, Shoot until about 2:00 pm
Cost: $7 to the range office, $20 to the match office - Lunch Included
Shooting distances 200 to 1000 yards. Using the 600 & 1000 yd ranges only.
Bring 50 rounds for the match
A lot of positional shooting
This will be the 3rd out of 8 matches of the Utah Shootouts Series, your best 5 scores count.
Any questions please ask

March 15, 2014 – Beginner Pistol Clinic
North Springs Shooting Range, Price, Ut. 10:00 am
Cost: $40. This includes the $7 daily range fee, handouts and one box of ammo.
Geared more toward females but any one can attend. Under 18 years old need an adult with them.

Beginning hand gun skills will be taught. How to operate your hand gun if you have one or you can use one of ours. How to safely handle and shoot a handgun. How to shoot accurately.

We'll start out with a orientation in the class room and then spend the next three to four hours on the shooting range. You fire a hand gun when you are ready.

We will supply a box of 50 rounds of .22 rim fire ammunition to each student. You can buy more at cost if you like or bring your own ammo.

We will supply practice guns (laser and air soft) to get you used to handling a firearm safely. We will have a few other bigger caliber hand guns for you to try out later on if you desire, to help you decide what kind of firearm you may want to purchase in the future.

Any questions please ask

Last edited:
Has been snowing here at the range. Everyone knows to check the passes either north or south. Have people dropping out because of weather. Still about 15 on the list. There should be plenty of food. See ya if you can get through.

Don't worry, I like talking to my self here.

We had 19 shooters at our match yesterday. I didn't shoot cause I didn't want to show anyone up. I wanted to get some video but I think my camera broke down for the last time. It was a difficult COF. With 500 points possible the scores reflect it. Robert did a great job designing it. Fog covered everything past 200 yards till just about shoot time. Mother Nature took my threat seriously. Out to 1000 yd shots were possible then.

Rob 296
Curt 168
Jeff 148
Ron 147
Greg 120
P J 102
Lon 94
Luke 82
Steve 81
Bryce 76
Ross 74
Ryan 60
Bruce 57
Justin 52
Guy 41
Shane 36
Adam 30
Mike 20
Jim 10

For those 19 shooters, I say again, thanks for the laughs. My brain wasn't feeling too good and I needed the lift. Ya I'm getting old, but not as old as Bruce. I spent 10 days camped out at the range, mostly building, hauling, rearranging, repairing targets over the edge and enjoyed ever minute of it. We can just about do a whole match just on that venue now. There's about 75 targets out there in and across the wash (plus the ones we set up and can't find). Getting out to close to 400 yards if lightning cuts a few more branches in the right places. That would be a good place for my 1 inch wide piano key targets wouldn't it? We need to build a few more shooting positions to go along with the wood pile, tree, car, wall and log cabin. Oh ya, Robert was going to build a roof top. We could use a few more ideas with help building them. We are trying to get two sets of each rack of targets so there's always a back up. We are almost there. We are getting better about getting them to last a long time too.

Last edited: