• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Utah State Sniper Shoot 2011 Pics,video,scores

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
Video link to USSS 2011

Full version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29PFxJ1-9gk

<span style="font-weight: bold">UPDATE</span>
2011 Sponsors

LV Steel Targets
Barnes Bullets
LAR Manufacturing
Gallenson's
Impact Data Books
Berger Bullets
Midway USA
Sierra Bullets
Delta Outdoorsman .com

Several others with prizes on the way.

This is what I have for paid shooters:
Arthur S UT
Beau R WY
Bill B WA
Bruce B UT
Carl UT
Charles L WA
Chris C UT
Chris H UT
Christian S UT
Dale S UT
Dan T UT
David C MT
David S ID
Derrick P UT
Doug A ID
Eric W UT
Gary D CO
Gary R MT
Gregg S UT
Hoser F CO
Hugh T NV
Ian C UT
Jim E CA
Jim L UT
John R CO
Kerry B UT
Kevin R UT
Landon G UT
Larry S WA
Lon T UT
Mike M UT
Nick J SD
Pride A UT
Rick B CO
Robert A UT
Rodney W UT
Roger C NV
Ron Y UT
Ross N AZ
Sonny C UT
Stan C UT
Stan R UT
Steve M AZ
Steve W UT
Tucker B ID
Tyson C UT
Walt G NM
Zac M UT

Don't know how we lost so many so we have plenty of slots available. Have told one SO team they could shoot without having to SO too. <span style="font-weight: bold">We will have enough food, hats and shirts for up to 80 shooters</span>Just email or call Clint and get put on the list. When I tell you you are on the shooter list, send in the registration and check. (in a few days I'll tell you to just bring it with you) [email protected] 801 599 1574

Any donations to the prize table are certainly welcome.

Any questions please ask,

Clint

The Sniper Type Training Class is <span style="font-weight: bold">Canceled</span>.

USSS 2011

<span style="font-weight: bold">Date</span>----- Saturday and Sunday, September 10-11, 2011

<span style="font-weight: bold">Time</span>----- Saturday noon till Sunday 3:00 pm

Schedule:
Sign in, meetings, dinner, awards, & prizes will be done in the kitchen area at the cowboy town.

Sat. Sept 10
SO mtg. 11:00 am
Mandatory Shooter mtg. 12:00 noon
Shooting starts 1:00 pm
Shooting ends 7:00 pm

Sun. Sept 11
Orientation 6:30 am
Shooting starts 7:00 am
Shooting ends 1:00 pm
Dinner, prizes and awards 1:00 to 3:00 pm

<span style="font-weight: bold">Cost</span>----- $100 per shooter. Includes Dutch oven dinner, T shirt, Hat, etc.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Open Range</span>----- You may use some parts of the range in the days before and Saturday
morning before the shooter meeting for any sight in and practice.

<span style="font-weight: bold">COF</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">Practical precision</span> on the 100, 600, and 1000 yard ranges and over the cliff edge.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Carbine</span> on the 50 and 100 yard moving, tilting and turning targets.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Pistol</span> on the pop up, 25 yard mover, turning targets and in the shoot house.

The Course of Fire is so varied, some stages may have their own range commands, rules,
equipment limits, scoring, etc. You will need to pay attention so you know what is
happening. The “best” way to know what the course of fire “might” be like is to watch
the videos of past shooting matches.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Equipment</span>----- Your choice of two rifles and one pistol. No restrictions on caliber or FPS.

Rifle #1 – A precision rifle - for out to 1000 yards. Best if you had a 5 round magazine.
Single shot will be at a slight disadvantage on some stages.

Rifle #2 – A carbine or any semi auto - for out to 100 yards on the turning targets and
running man stages. Have at least two, 10 round or more mags with at least 30 rounds
loaded in mags to start. Minimum of 3 inch diameter targets at 100 yards for the carbine stages.

Pistol – for out to 25 yards. Must have at least two, 6 or more round mags (or speed
loaders) with at least 25 rounds loaded in mags to start.

We will not be drawing from the holster under time.

The steel will be calibrated to “not react” with .22 rim fire or .22 rim fire magnum, but you are welcome to use them.

Bring any equipment you want, but there may be a couple of stages that have equipment restrictions.

We will not be using more than one firearm on any single stage.

Just remember when you plan on attending and choosing your firearms, you will need to
be:
1-Safe
2-Accurate
3-Fast
4-Moving with the stage description
5-Patient

<span style="font-weight: bold">Round Count</span>----- Maximum 175 precision, 175 carbine, 175 pistol.

If you plan on using your carbine for some of the longer distance stages, adjust your round count accordingly.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Scoring</span>----- Combined possible score for the carbine and pistol will be less than half of
the total possible points for the match.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Help</span>-----We will be in need of more Range Safety Officers and other help to run this
match. Incentives for you to help will include partial to full waiver of match fee for shooters. Free food, shirts, hats, etc. for non shooters.

This will be an individually scored match. But we will be running the COF as squads. Each ten shooter numbers will be a squad. You can help each other as a squad or team. We'll have awards for the top scoring team.

There is a lot to be worked out yet and there will be more details to come.

Check the website www.utahshootouts.com for all updates. Please contact Clint for questions, putting your name on the shooter list & information for volunteering.

Re: Utah State Sniper Shoot Sept 10-11, 2011

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the tme off calander already marked. I will be there on friday if you need help with anything you can put me to work. </div></div>

Good....someone to carry me.....

Clint,

I'm in, any help I can offer to you with set up and R.O.. L.A.R. I'm sure will also be supporting the match again this year.

Zac

If you have not emailed me to be put on the shooter list, please do. Give me your real name, hide name, and that you want to be put on the list. Also if you would be willing to help. [email protected] That way I have a permanent record and I won't go crazy again trying to figure out who's who. Also I'll automatically put you on my email list.

There were about 20 emails already so I thought I better officially announce it. There were some from back in Sept that said they wanted to come to the next one. I will keep space open for them.

Captain would you be willing to carry Chiller around? If not we'll have plenty for you to do.

It will be a few months before we need entry forms and payment.

I haven't contacted all the people that helped last year yet. Starting to get some new help volunteering. We'll see how many we can get and that will determine how many shooters we can handle.

Those that have shot with us or have been to the range can see the potential of how many shooters can shoot at the same time.

But we have to be sure how much help we will have.

Thanks for your guys support, Clint

that and his stylin hair.....
smile.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">UPDATE</span>

More comprehensive shooter information is up on the website now. If you are planning on attending the shoot, please read carefully. Click on Utah State Sniper Shoot - USSS 2011

I'm sure there are a 1 or 2 of you that can think of more questions, just ask.

Clint

The AZ boys won't be able to come up this year. We aren't allowed in Utah anymore after the "steakhouse incident".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The AZ boys won't be able to come up this year. We aren't allowed in Utah anymore after the "steakhouse incident". </div></div>

Cant take you anywhere......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The AZ boys won't be able to come up this year. We aren't allowed in Utah anymore after the "steakhouse incident".</div></div>

What did you guys do now?

Hey, just drive to LV and Chiller can sneak you in his trunk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clint,

can we assume from this that we can now register?</div></div>

Let me think of where I can put the registrations for six months till I need them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

are we doing long sleeve again this year?</div></div>

We might do all long sleeves. Got some ideas for them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertratdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Who wouldn't want to be chiller's trunk hooker?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertratdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Who wouldn't want to be chiller's trunk hooker?
laugh.gif
</div></div>

but can I fit all the AZ guys.....

Got 39 shooters on the list. Got confirmed SO's and help for 40. I'm sure we'll get more help so you can keep sending in your names. I'll keep updating here with the shooter and SO count.

Started getting money in the mail today, so it must be ok to send in your registration. (For the first 40 shooters) I'll hold the checks for several months till I need to pay for shirts etc.

Clint

Sounds fun. I'm interested in attending.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds fun. I'm interested in attending.</div></div>
Did you email me to be put on the list?

Progress:

Getting close to 50. A few paid already.

If you are experienced SO - we need you.

Recruiting help will be an ongoing project but looks promising.

Clint

Is it open for people to come and watch?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clamber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it open for people to come and watch?</div></div>
Most definitely yes.

Ya ought to bring some of that hardware in your pics with you though. You'll be wanting to use it.

We have over 50 people on the shooter list. Somewhere I said we had enough SO's and other help to run 30 shooters.

I'm sorting out the volunteers that have offered to help so far. The next couple months will be confirming who can do what.

At the moment, we need some more skilled Range Safety Officer help. We have plenty of time to get you skilled. If you would like to offer to help, please contact Clint.

Thanks, Clint

Clint,

Make sure to deposit the check so it does not age out....

smile.gif

That way I know I am in...... (did I say that out loud?????)

I didn't hear a thing.

You are in the first 30 on the list. I have a legal obligation to let you shoot.

How long is the check good for. (you can bet I'll get it in before then)

UPDATE: 2-27-2011

We have not set a limit for the number of shooters, yet anyway. Just email me to put your name on the list.

We have 54 names now. And a few others we know of that just haven't emailed me yet.

Officially we have enough Range Safety Officers and other help to run 30 shooters. (really more) We are still sorting out the volunteers to see who can do what.

I'm sure we will need some more skilled help (Range Safety Officers)if anyone can volunteer.

The key will be the number of volunteers needs to keep up with the demand.

I know a lot of shooters need to plan many months ahead to attend. At 6 1/2 months out I think everyone will be able to compete. In the next few weeks I will confirm again how many shooters we can handle.

Last year I helped SO a (IDPA style) UDPL Super Shoot. About 119 shooters, 12 stages, maybe 50,000 rounds, in 1 day. All in a lot less space than we have at North Springs Shooting Range.

The key is the help to run the thing.

I'm sure I can get the help to set it up.

Any questions or suggestions?

Thanks, Clint

Got 60 shooters on the list.

Got help for 50.

Things are moving right along, especially for being 6 months out yet.

Still need more skilled and other help so everyone can shoot.

If you wanted training info for the military style sniper class and didn't get it, please let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertratdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got 60 shooters on the list.

Got help for 50.

Things are moving right along, especially for being 6 months out yet.

Still need more skilled and other help so everyone can shoot.

If you wanted training info for the military style sniper class and didn't get it, please let me know. </div></div>

Where are you at on the class?

Have sent info about the class to 6 or 7 people. A couple of them would be groups of several people. Just talked to Bill. Don't really have any confirmed yet. Target # of students will be 20. Would need to be getting close to that in the next month or two I would think, so students and instructors could be ready. I'll keep everyone posted.

I'd like to help. I'm in no way/shape/form even good enough to compete, but i'd like to help out and learn what I can from the event.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any updates on the class?</div></div>

Been trying to get Bill on the phone for 2 days, no luck. I'll update you as soon as I get any more information on the class.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Shooter list</span>
We have 67 shooters that want to shoot the 2011 Utah State Sniper Shoot Sept 10 & 11.We are still putting people on the shooter list.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Help</span>
The more that want to shoot the more Range Safety Officers and other help we need. In the square mile the range covers, space to shoot is not a problem. If anyone can volunteer it would be much appreciated so everyone can shoot. There is still plenty of time to train you as Safety Officer as well as Asst SO and score keep. We have to make sure we have qualified SO help before we can accept all the shooters.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Class</span>
If you wanted information about the military style Sniper Training class for the week before the 2011 USSS and did not get it yet, please contact Clint. There were some emails that did not get to their destination.

<span style="font-weight: bold">More info</span>
visit: www.utahshootouts.com
Clint: 801 599 1574 email: [email protected]

Military Style Sniper Training Class associated with our Utah State Sniper Shoot. September 2011. (there is more information about this on our website)

Have had many ask questions about the class.

But we are going to need to get a list going. So if we have the class, would you be interested? Email Clint please. The plan will be to have 20 students, no more, no less.

In the next month we should decide if it's a go or no go. Because everyone needs to get off work and get their stuff together.

I told Bill to not put a lot of money into it till we get a committed class. (He knew that already)

It's not going to be cheap for anyone.

Any more questions, please ask.

Thanks, Clint

<span style="font-weight: bold">Update</span>
We have 75 names on the list to shoot. We will keep taking names to be put on a "stand by" list for those that would like. I think it is possible to get enough help so everyone can shoot. You can definitely shoot if you volunteer to help out.

We have 6 Range Safety Officer Teams (12 great guys) to run their squads through the Course of Fire. We could use a couple more at least. Since we are having pistol stages, experienced IDPA and IPSC officers work out very well. There is still time to train persons that want to learn this necessary skill. The shooters will thank you (if they don't, they will either start helping out or they won't be shooting with us anymore).

NOTE: If I've told you that you are on the list, send in the entry form (at the top of this thread or on the web site) and money. That will put you on the “Official Shooter List”. I'll start putting checks in the bank in June.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Military Style Sniper Training Class</span>
We need to get a count of those that want this class by the May 14 match. Email me if you want more information and Bill's phone number to get all your questions answered. We've probably had enough people that were interested that got the information, but we need a some kind of commitment, so we can declare a go or no go. You won't have to commit the money till July 1.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Other</span>
We have a lot to do yet but things are moving right along. If the Sniper Training is a go, we will open up a new area just for that. We will use most of the training stages for our matches "Out Back" stages.

As you might realize, Utah Shootouts is a ever evolving organization trying to accommodate the range, shooters, skills, staff, laws and staying safe while having a hell of a lot of fun. I really appreciate comments, ideas, and other ways of doing things, etc. We obviously can't do everything everybody wants, but I listen to what you say (even if you are yelling at me).

Updated info is always on the website.
Thanks, Clint

Maximum number of shooters is set at 80.

You can still be put on a standby list, just email me. [email protected]

All that have contacted me and said you wanted to shoot (except the last few that I told were on the standby list) get me your registration and money by August 1 or loose your spot..

Any donations to the prize table are certainly welcome.

Any questions please ask,

Clint