• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

UTAH STATE SNIPER SHOOT - Sept 11, some pics

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
2nd Annual
Utah State Sniper Shoot
Sept. 11, 2010
North Springs Shooting Range, Price, Utah

Video of USSS 9/11/10 is at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vagE8O9vSU

UPDATE 12/21/10
SCORES ARE ON THE WEBSITE AGAIN www.utahshootouts.com
Click on Utah State Sniper Shoot - USSS 2010
<span style="font-weight: bold">PICTURES AND VIDEO are there on the web site as well.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">GIVERS TO THE PRIZE TABLE :</span>

Big THANKS to these business'. I will put these up on our website and leave them there for the next year, along with any contact info I get on them.

High Desert Tactical
Accuracy Specialties
US Optics
Impulse Targets
Specialized Dynamics
POF
TAB gear
L.A.R. Manufacturing
Phantom Finishing
Roger's Rifle Shop
deltaoutdoorsman.com

A lot of prizes came in at dinner time. Please help me get a complete list of sponsors, along with their contact info.

I had so much help it was unbelievable. There were several people I had to totally rely on, make necessary changes and trust to get the job done. There are some of Bob's crew I never even met or know their names. So Bob, Robert, Leo, Aaron, Dean, Heather, Ashley, Stacy, Katharine who all have spent countless hours preparing and making this event happen, along with the others who stepped in at the last minute to help SO, repair, set up targets etc. like Keven, Dan and all those I don't know about, A BIG THANK YOU FROM ME AND ALL THE SHOOTERS!!!!!!!

Wow, every shot counted. 24 points separated the top 10 shooters. Time being the tie breaker.

Shooter scores

1-Robert A UT 236
2-Roger C NV 234 135 sec.
3-John R CO 234 153 sec.
4-Landon G UT 228
5-Alan G UT 227
6-Hugh T NV 224
7-Kevin R UT 220
8-Blake K UT 217
9-Tucker B ID 215
10-Zac M UT 212
11-Matt L AZ 200 146 sec.
12-Walt G NM 200 206 sec
13-Steve E AZ 198
14-Eric W UT 192 77
15-James C UT 192 107
16-Mike R AZ 188
17-David C MT 176
18-Christian S UT 173
19-Pride A UT 169
20-Lon T UT 168
21- Dale S UT 159
22-Ron Y UT 158
23-Jason H UT 157
24-Melvin Y NM 155
25-Gary R MT 153
26-Bruce B UT 146
27-Scott M AZ 135
28-Thad S UT 129
29-Lasson S UT 123
30-Steve M AZ 119
31-Nick S AZ 115
32-Chris Hunter UT 114 120 sec.
33-Scott H UT 114 139 sec.
34-Wade W UT 110
35-Stan R UT 100
36-Jeramie Y UT
37-Gaylon M UT
38-Craig C UT
39-Steve W UT
40-Clyde Carbrera Ut
41-Ryan S UT
42-Gary P UT
43-Jason P UT
44-Mike Whitney Ut
45-Darrell H UT
46-Jerry G UT

There were some first time competitors, and some that were only going to shoot part of the match. Also one major malfunction that I know of, so I didn't put all the scores up here. I congratulate the first timers and part timers for getting through their first match. Hope they come out often to shoot with us.

A detailed score sheet will be posted on the website as soon as I can get it there.

Re: UTAH STATE SNIPER SHOOT - Sept 11, 2010

I'm in!!!
grin.gif

I plan to get in on this as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I finaly get to shoot with Chiller!! sweet. </div></div>

I shot with him at the TBRC, it was kind of a let down
just kidding Hugh.

Registration sent last Friday see you all there.

There are still several of us deciding if its worth a 9 hour drive each way for a one day match. Sounds fun and utah is beautiful, i'll talk to all the boys next saturday at our monthly match.

I will be camped out at the range till Sunday anyway.

Let me know how many are interested in a extended match into Saturday night and Sunday a half day.

Any ideas of what to call this type of thing. Could do some more awards, food?, let me know what you think. Have tons of stages we could do.

Already told some that could not make it Sunday that this would be a one day match, including a couple from out of state. So would have to do the USSS awards Saturday evening.

Thanks, Clint

Clint I would love to extend out into the evening, hell I dont have to be anywhere until 9:00 monday morning.
I just hired someone else at the shop so I should have a little more time to shoot.
grin.gif

Can we get a map, directions, good hotels in the area? Not to sure about the address, when I plug it into Google it shows it in the middle of town.

Thanks.

North Springs Shooting Range used to have a good map on their website. Not no more.

Directions: Head straight South out of Price on highway 10. That's the middle exit of the 3 exits in Price. After about 5 miles is a sign "North Springs Recreation Area", turn right, or follow the sign. In about 5 more miles, turn right at sign "North Springs Shooting Range". In about 5 more miles turn right at shooting range sign. In about couple hundred yards follow sign in to range. So it's about 15 miles South West of Price, Ut.

39 deg. 31' 32" N
110 deg. 57' 45" W

I've usually rented hotel rooms at the Holiday Inn just off the exit at the West end of town. Noticed a lot of shooters have stayed there.

Have about half the roster committed. Several from out of state. We have enough help for about 30 shooters. Might post a list here.

August monthly shoot we'll be fine tuning some stages and doing some training of some more SO's, if anyone is interested.

Got notices out with two different prices. $50 and $55. Send in either amount. Haven't decided how many point deduction for the $50 price.

yeah clint its craig count me in man, glad to help if ya need a hand let me know

Looks like I should be able to make it, I'll get my entry out next week too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like I should be able to make it, I'll get my entry out next week too. </div></div>

but if I have the COF is that a bad thing?

Welcome AZ's (and others too). A little over half full now.

What's this about knowing the course of fire? Been working the last couple weeks on programing totally random stages on the 24 pop up steel targets for a pistol stage. Never been able to program the bobber range before. Every shooter will be different.

We'll try it out in Aug to see how fast we'll need to run them. Don't want nobody to get a perfect score you know.

We will be able to shoot Cam's shoot house set up After he and his pistol shooters are done in Aug also.

Desertratdad, they're just busting eachothers balls that's all.

Question though, your "every shooter will be different" comment seems like each competitor will have a different course of fire. If that's the case how will it be scored equally? Just food for thought.

As long as the "random" steel for pistol ensures the same time exposure for the same number of targets for each competitor it would be fair to each I guess.......

I wanted to get some serious feed back from forum users specially to those already participating in the Utah State Sniper Shoot this September.

Im Jason and I volunteered to help <span style="font-weight: bold">desertratdad</span> and is project by building them a new site. I want to allow you guys to check it out, play with it and see if you find any problem, and provide any feed back and / or suggestions for what we can do better for this site.

I know that near the bottom, that I have some lorem ipsum junk, but I ran out of content to fill those spots, I may just remove them

SITE: http://sniper.jasonsvault.com

I will move it over to www.utahshootouts.com once its done and desertratdad has given his approval.

What do you think?

Thanks

Jason

Clint,
Do you have the shooter list yet? I will give you my payment on the 14th at the Price shoot. Really lookin forward to this, as long as my "Speed Goat" is on the ground I'll be there!

Thanks,
Z

Damn it damn it. On call that weekend again.
Have fun guys.

Shooter list is at the top of this thread.

I'll try to get some video of the random targets at the Aug shoot.
No walk through or memorizing the sequence. and ya they will pop up or turn the same number of times, for the same amount of time with the same amount of delay in between for each shooter.

Could those that have said they were attending here on the Hide, and are not on the paid shooter list, please pm, email or say here, what their real name along with their Hide name is, so I don't count you twice. Trying to get a better idea of how many shooters we have committed.

Thanks, Clint

For everyone that will be attending the Shoot out this August or September, I would like you to use the new website at http://sniper.jasonsvault.com. At the top, you will see a linked labeled "Register Now". Fill out the forms and Clint will get an email with all the necessary information about your attendance. You will receive an email as well, indicating how much you owe and where to send the check.

If you have any problems, please contact me. I want to make sure this site is working smoothly before I move it over to the UtahShootOut.com domain.

Thanks

Jason

Clint, Im the only one thats an attendee on your sight. I'll get the registration off this week. I think you got the other Phx guy's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Samwize</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For everyone that will be attending the Shoot out this August or September, I would like you to use the new website at http://sniper.jasonsvault.com. At the top, you will see a linked labeled "Register Now". Fill out the forms and Clint will get an email with all the necessary information about your attendance. You will receive an email as well, indicating how much you owe and where to send the check.

If you have any problems, please contact me. I want to make sure this site is working smoothly before I move it over to the UtahShootOut.com domain.

Thanks

Jason </div></div>

Do we need to do this even if we have already sent in the registration?

registration filled out online, I've talked to Clint re: payment

Got some emails now for registrations for both Aug and Sept. It looks like this is working good. Thanks Jason.

No Capt if you already sent in registration you don't need to fill out another.

Clint

Great, how is the site working for everyone that has used it? Did you run into any problems or errors? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jason

Ok, here is the 1st round draft of what the tee shirts will look like for the Utah State Sniper Shoot Out this September. Please give me your HONEST feedback. What is your favorite color? Want to see them with a different color tee?

Thanks
Jason

white_shirt.jpg
grey_shirt.jpg

black_shirt.jpg

One in White and one in Grey XXL long sleeve please..

Will it be sublimated so it wont come off?

In that the date is kinda sorta important below the date.

"Never Forget"...???

Great idea Chiller, I'll pass that along to Clint and see if we have a green light.

They look good, I really like the front. Maybe you should do something similar on the back? Grey would be the best color IMO.