• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Utg Pro Tbnr bipod opinions....

Shooter89

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2019
Hey fellas, after weeks of research on a new bipod i finally put an order in for one of these, they seem made heavy duty with quality materials. They carry a litetime warranty and are made here in the USA. I looked at a harris, but i had one before and it was ok but i actually sold it a few years ago. Darn thing gave me one to many blood blisters. I looked into Atlas which id love to have but i just couldnt pay that much with having a wife and 2 small kids i just couldnt pull it off. I got a good deal on this one and came in 80.00 cheaper than an Atlas. What do you fellas think of this bipod or doesanyone else have one that could share their experiences.
Screenshot_20200118-172646_Samsung Internet.jpg

Look up, the UTG PRO TBNR bipod.... there made here in the usa. There also is a video on YouTube about them from utg.

Reactions: Yippeekiay
I mean they just came out not long ago and the build quality looks really good. Mine should be here wensday i believe. Like the locking system for the legs...

Want2learn, that overbore bipod looks nice. I run a bolt gun with no handguard so it wouldnt work for me.

I thought UTG made airsoft accessories. If you want something less that the Harris but similar to the Atlas look at the Mapul bipods.

Reactions: Changed
No this one is different, but you are right, but they also make bipods for rifles. I looked at magpul long and hard but i just didnt like it. Give the utg a look and you will see what i mean.

Been keeping an eye on these, not many reviews or comparisons out there. I cant bring myself to spending $300 on a bipod either. Especially when my magpul has worked so far.

I think one of these would look good under my Quigley Ford riflescope.

You know Buddly by chance?

Reactions: MarinePMI
Pyramid air is an airgun website, so i would say if your shooting an air gun it might work well. But if you plan on using air gun and air soft stuff on centerfire 12lb or more rifles your just wasting money. In my opinion.

No way I would have spent $190 on UTG anything. You could have got an Atlas V8 for $210

That utg might impress some of the middle school airsoft kids but that’s about it

Guys im telling you its not for air guns, yes the site is an air gun site but these were not made for air guns, look on youtube there is a few videos about them. They are made heavy duty steel and aluminum. A didnt pay 190.00 either, but it had all the features i wanted. Just watch the short youtube video from utg on them. I think then you will see.

I can’t find this model on their website. I have two of their cheaper models and have been pleased with both.

I’m interested in your review when you get it.

Rangerlong, yes for some reason it not on their site but utg has videos of it on youtube also there is a couple of reviews on the web. I plan on doing a review and posting my results, it will take time as it is dead middle of winter here in Pa.

Reactions: rangerlong
I never thought I would spend $300 on a bipod at first...
I took a chance on a Harris then an Atlas. It was totally worth it.
I have no experience on UTG. Hope it works out for you.

Guys im telling you its not for air guns, yes the site is an air gun site but these were not made for air guns, look on youtube there is a few videos about them. They are made heavy duty steel and aluminum. A didnt pay 190.00 either, but it had all the features i wanted. Just watch the short youtube video from utg on them. I think then you will see.
Cool UTG bipod bro! Great choice! I bet that thing is awesome! Did that validate your purchase enough?

Try out Quigley Ford scopes. I’ve heard great things about them and they have YouTube videos!

Edit...humored you and went and watched their videos for the lolz. Looks like a floppy mess of a bipod. No real stability. Wiggles in every direction. Looks like it’s got 1.5” of slop forward and backwards.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
buy it try it and then write a review on it post finding help others its an all around win . but if its trash you could be happy knowing you may have saved others a few bucks .

Everyone starts somewhere. Like the guy said, he's got a family and budget is a consideration for him. Too many gear snobs who think if you don't buy the best, you shouldn't even bother. Some people can't afford it, period. Or it's not worth having their wife cold-shoulder them or get a tongue-lashing or whatever. No, I am sure UTG isn't as hardcore as some of the other stuff out there for 2-3x the price. Probably not... but will it work well for what he wants and what he's doing? Maybe so... but it sure does make some people feel better around this place to treat others like ass... as I've said before, which says alot more about the scoffers than the new guy.

Reactions: alwaywatchyoursix
I wasnt asking for validation, dont need none, was simply informing people that these were newly released and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them, TxWelder35 and 308pirate apparently think a toliet seat isnt any good unless they pay 500.00 for them. People amaze me but the older i get the less surprised iam and the more i come to expect it...

I wasnt asking for validation, dont need none, was simply informing people that these were newly released and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them, TxWelder35 and 308pirate apparently think a toliet seat isnt any good unless they pay 500.00 for them. People amaze me but the older i get the less surprised iam and the more i come to expect it...

Ultimately, these so-called “validation threads” are a dime a dozen. Doesn’t matter if you’re talking about a bipods, optics, etc. There are people, like you, who buy something and then come here “asking for opinions” (aka validation) on the item that you bought. That in itself is not so much the issue.

The issue is asking for those opinions and then basically fighting them when people say “spend the money and get something better” or don’t otherwise agree with your line of thinking. No one is shaming you or the financial situation you’re in. But a lot of us have gone through the same progression that you and so many others have gone through... those remarks are more or less trying to prevent you from spending the money on products that are not worthwhile, mostly from personal experience.

If the UTG is what you wanted/can afford that’s fine, but these threads asking for opinions and then feeling the need to argue/fight opposing opinions or remarks are what will get you labeled a shill. Again, no one is shaming you for buying what you bought. It’s coming here and you wanting to validate your purchase that people get annoyed with.

Good luck with the bipod.

Reactions: Genin and Kasey
Ill to be sure to rethink anything i post from now on, pretty sad guys bash people, insult them for what? To try and make them feel better about themselves.... which shows alot of their character beings they could have easily just moved along and not said anything. Unreal. IF i was looking for validation i woulda have asked BEFORE i bought it not after. I already know ill like it. Just wanted to know if anyone else had one and what was there experience with it, thats it, thats all, nothing more. And instead it gets blown up by a few. Is there better equipment than i have? Sure.... is there better bipods than what i got? Sure.... is there better bipods than Atlas??? Darn straight there is, but your gunna pay for it. Next time ill spend 1000.00 for one then come on here and bash everyone one else and make them feel inferior that has anything less than what i have. But to all of you who actually helped, thanks.

Reactions: Cuzz and Kasey
Disagreeing with someone's choices based on their personal values and life situation is one thing... mocking them and ridiculing them is something completely different.

Maybe some should stop and look and see if their comments are constructive or mocking.

There is ONLY and I do mean ONLY ONE REASON to mock someone else or make fun of them - to make oneself look better in comparison. That. Is. It. There are plenty of those comments in this thread and a number of others on this site. Go back and read the comments. I just did and found a goodly number of comments that were absolutely nothing but complete mockery of the OP. Several were supportive and interested. Several were reasoned and cautioning.

Ask yourself - which one was yours?

Ill to be sure to rethink anything i post from now on, pretty sad guys bash people, insult them for what? To try and make them feel better about themselves.... which shows alot of their character beings they could have easily just moved along and not said anything. Unreal. IF i was looking for validation i woulda have asked BEFORE i bought it not after. I already know ill like it. Just wanted to know if anyone else had one and what was there experience with it, thats it, thats all, nothing more. And instead it gets blown up by a few. Is there better equipment than i have? Sure.... is there better bipods than what i got? Sure.... is there better bipods than Atlas??? Darn straight there is, but your gunna pay for it. Next time ill spend 1000.00 for one then come on here and bash everyone one else and make them feel inferior that has anything less than what i have. But to all of you who actually helped, thanks.
We get it...most of us been there, in one way or tuther. You’re going to just get your feelings hurt and, ok...feelings hurt...try and grow...some skin out of it and keep hopefully growing yourself, don’t expect constant pampering though. I know there is going to be some protesting next but try and grow some. ??? Not meant as a put down.

I've ran utg pro handguards in a couple ar uppers, they were decent.

Its definitely not gonna be a atlas but itll definitely be better than one of those cheap knockoff bipods.

I agree, I've run several of those UTG handguards and in spite of the scoffing that was going on around the Intarwebz when they came out, I've been extremely pleased with them overall. I think considering they were less than half the price of the 'big guys' in the high end AR market, they did extremely well. And I have a number of ARs with YHM, Troy, Seekins and even BCM and other supposedly higher end stuff.

Reactions: DMP and Zorrosdens
We can only buy what we can afford, use it and be happy till we can get something nicer. I was brought up with the saying "Make due, or do without".

Reactions: Zorrosdens
I just bought the over bore version for $70 from Midway, and am going to pass it off to Coldbore for a typical use review. He'll definitely give it an honest no bullshit critique, so I guess we'll see.

Thats awsome, i bought the pro tbnr version... thoes overbores are nice also...

it's funny you should post this...i just saw on MidwayUSA that they have some UTG bipods on sale...$69 for either the overbore or the standard heavy duty bipod

I know nothing about them but i was tempted to get one.....

here's the link: https://www.midwayusa.com/s?promoti...ntent=main-image-link&utm_campaign=utg-bipods

Just ordered this. Been looking for an over barrel tripod for my LR 308.
Made of steel and rated to 50 cal.
I’ll do a short review.
thanks for the link

Hey fellas, after weeks of research on a new bipod i finally put an order in for one of these, they seem made heavy duty with quality materials. They carry a litetime warranty and are made here in the USA. I looked at a harris, but i had one before and it was ok but i actually sold it a few years ago. Darn thing gave me one to many blood blisters. I looked into Atlas which id love to have but i just couldnt pay that much with having a wife and 2 small kids i just couldnt pull it off. I got a good deal on this one and came in 80.00 cheaper than an Atlas. What do you fellas think of this bipod or doesanyone else have one that could share their experiences.View attachment 7228573

So here’s what I don’t get, you have not even got this bipod and you say you’re going to like it.... Seems to me the natural course of events would have you actually get it, try it and then post your results.

As you mentioned the Atlas, please understand that it was not designed to fit a price point but rather a requirement.

Looking forward to your review.

Admittedly, when I saw UTG and Pyramyd Air I figured you mistakenly bought an airgun bipod. But, after reading about this bipod and seeing the vids, it is clearly not. Actually it looks interesting. I have two Atlas bipods and love them. But I have a few .22's that don't need $300 bipods. This could be an option if it is quality. I'm not a fan of Harris nor Magpul bipods. And, like everyone likes to say "It's made in USA". Who gives two shits what anyone has to say about it. If it works and works well that's all that matters. Ignore the rest.

Look forward to your review as well.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
At that price point I would’ve just saved up a a little extra more and got something of better quality. I’m not a fan of UTG, but I would like to know how it works out for you.

Ill take some close pics when i get it in the mail be4 i take it out...

I was skeptical at first when I saw the UTG name but the new UTG Pro line seems to be some really solid products. I bought a set of the American made Pro rings they sell for a rimfire rifle and liked them so much I bought several more pairs for other rifles. They are really solid rings. There are a few other vendors selling the same exact ring with their companies names on them and a much higher price. I think UTG is trying to step up their game with their new pro line products but will have to overcome the cheap Chinese stigma associated with their name. I did have a chance to play with their pro bipod at a show. It seemed like a solid well made bipod. I couldn’t get past the leg locking mechanism though. It was very hard to operate and quite stiff. If I was trying to work it on the clock it would kill me. It could potentially loosen up or be adjusted however. If I could get one of the bipods for around $125 I would consider it for a strictly range rifle. At retail however I would save a little more or just buy a used Atlas. I’m not a fan of the Harris style bipods or Magpul either so under the $200 price point the UTG is about it. I would imagine that over the next several months we will see the prices on these creep down to between $100 and $125. I just don’t think these will sell at retail since they are so close to the Atlas price point which is a proven design. If they can actually make any money off an American made bipod at the lower price they may have some success with it. I will be interested to hear what you think about the locking mechanism and how it performs under recoil.

Reactions: Fweedombypepe
I will let you know, i will be running it in comps this year. I had a harris before and didnt like it, had a atlas knockoff " was given to me free" wasnt bad but still didnt like it. Utg pro stuff def impressed me. But it was either a harris again or a magpul. Did alot of research on both and found lots of people who liked and disliked both. I didnt care for the magpul so much. So i picked one i liked the features and functionality and after seeing the utg pro stuff before it looks like a quality product. If i like it then its a win, if not then ill make a video eating a cow patty so you all can watch and say " see i told you so".....

Well got the Utg Bipod in the mail today, initial thought are it is made very well, highy quality. Heavy at almost 19 oz per manufacturer. The ball joint is abit stiff but smooth and locks like a vise when tightened down, enough that i cant move it with my hand. Steel locking mechanism for legs and i really like how they are made compare to other similar style bipods. Everything is tight and machined very nice. This is just the initial impressions, will test when the weather gets better.

Attachments

• 20200122_170720.jpg
    20200122_170720.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 20200122_170755.jpg
    20200122_170755.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 20200122_171635.jpg
    20200122_171635.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 20200122_171620.jpg
    20200122_171620.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 20200122_171657.jpg
    20200122_171657.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 20200122_173143.jpg
    20200122_173143.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 20200122_173133.jpg
    20200122_173133.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 130
Srry pices are kinda dark, have my phone in a case and couldnt get my flash turned off.

Well got the Utg Bipod in the mail today, initial thought are it is made very well, highy quality. Heavy at almost 19 oz per manufacturer. The ball joint is abit stiff but smooth and locks like a vise when tightened down, enough that i cant move it with my hand. Steel locking mechanism for legs and i really like how they are made compare to other similar style bipods. Everything is tight and machined very nice. This is just the initial impressions, will test when the weather gets better.
So far my atlas 65 with cant loc does not loc, it only tightens. I think you made a good choice.

I've got their MLOK hand guard attachment model which absolutely love had it on for about 400 rounds on 6.5.

Well finally got to the range, bipod worked good as i expected. 1st group i fired was a 5 shot .750 one of a few. Everything works great. A few things i disklike is that i believe it is too tall for bench shooting. Always felt like i was sitting up higher than i usally do which may just be a fault of my own. Also the ball joint is ok, for my application i think a solid junction or one where it either tilts and pans would be fine. The tilting forwards and backwards seems kind of awkward to me. But like i said these are just my opions and not fault of the bipods. Also i think my rifle is to heavy tipping the scales at almost 13lbs. Other than that i think it is an excellent bipod and the quality is superb on mine. I wish i had more time and different scenarios to put this through cause i believe it would shine. Think i will either sell this one or put it on my newly aquired tcr 22 for now. Or i maybe up for a trade. We shall see.

I've got their MLOK hand guard attachment model which absolutely love had it on for about 400 rounds on 6.5.
I have one too. $40 and it's very good. I run real Harris's on everything else and the UTG is just as good. I bet the op learns that on this forum if it's not a Atlas everyone thinks it's junk.