• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision UTMx SCAM Alert - Keep an eye out

HOLD_OVER

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2017
Guys,

I wanted to drop this in here so no unsuspecting members get scamed

----------------

I recently put up a WTB here on the hide for a UTMx - and last night andre_saint responded.

He sent me the email of a supposed friend that has one for sale ( [email protected] )

I sent an email asking about the UTMx and I got a response

Hello Nick, thanks for reaching out and I hope this email finds you well.

I have here with me is an excellent used in the box BAE OASYS UTM STALKIR Thermal Vision Real BAE Systems Wilcox with mount. This UTM Night Vision has seen less use, may have some slight if any signs of handling. The UTM Night Vision comes with all the original packaging and paperwork. No dissatisfaction whatsoever as to the UTM Night Vision.

It is a high resolution because it is 640 x 480 and the rate is 60Hz. In addition to the main body, various cables, eyecup, special case, instructions, Wilcox rail mount are attached. The Night vision is less than 6 months old. I attached extensive pictures to show you how nice the lens and the Night Vision are.

The Night Vision is in great shape and in excellent condition. I do not need it anymore and it needs a new home. The UTM Night Vision is like a brand new. Serial # 5590MP33. It cost me a fortune to get this Night Vision, however, I have settled much less for cheap binoculars (Swarovski SLC 15x56 HD binoculars) which serves me well.

I would put the money I make from this Night Vision into some other investment I am presently interested in which I would not like to mention, I would appreciate your understanding on this. My loss is your gain.

I am asking for $9,500 shipped. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Let me know if you are interested in the Night Vision. Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Steven.

Obviously I knew it was a scam right off the bat, but wanted to keep everyone aware that a member is pushing people to a scammer. He sent a text, and I played around a little. I tried to get a Name/Address to "Mail Money" but he never provided any more info.

Be aware, and hopefully this keeps someone else out of trouble.

Nick

Has andre_saint been asked about this? Because you're right, obvious scam.

If these douche nozzles ever learned to write normal 'merican, it would entirely change the way commerce is done.
Isn't that the truth, they would scam a lot more people if they could form a coherent reply.

Has andre_saint been asked about this? Because you're right, obvious scam.
I ran a search before I posted. I can't find him. Maybe a MOD can... Probably deleted his account

I ran a google search for the email address - I came a across this post from 5 days ago
ukvarminting.com › topic › 49937-fraudster

Andrew who has referred me to a certain Steven Philips peakstevenp@gmail. com who is now claiming the scope is now lost by Royal Mail he ...
5 days ago - 22 posts - ‎14 authors
You visited this page on 5/20/20.

This guy is lurking around on multiple forums. It also seems that Andrew/Andre is definitely complicit

Asshats couldn't even come up with new names

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Steel head
One of the mods canned his ass. For everyone’s edification, you need to hit the “report” button on someone’s post to let us know. If there’s no post (direct message) then make a post, and report your post, explaining why you reported yourself. This way, it’ll get one of the mod’s attention.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Did Pete get you as well?
No I’m just angry for you all. It’s bs too that people here take up for him. He may be sick. Some of the things that happened we’re questionable.

But not returning items sent in for service. And taking the usps insurance money for an item being shipped to a customer that was loss is straight up theft. Not much lower than a thief.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eliteuas
I am not but I think others are. I am just not a LE guy. My past experience says you go to a huge amount of trouble, gain nothing. Often get upset. Not worth the headache.

Reactions: deersniper
Yup. Had a vehicle stolen and a $300000 piece of equipment have 50000$ of damage/vandalism done to it by a competitor. Police were negatively helpful on the vehicle theft and on the equipment the scum bag never got a day in jail

Yup. Had a vehicle stolen and a $300000 piece of equipment have 50000$ of damage/vandalism done to it by a competitor. Police were negatively helpful on the vehicle theft and on the equipment the scum bag never got a day in jail
Had the same thing happen with equipment. Local contractor was pissed that we got a landfill construction job in his town and on a Sunday morning had some of his personnel go out there and crank up scrapers and bulldozers and ram them into each other. Local police did not do anything to them.

But we were recently told that these type things are VERY RARE exceptions???
Lazy or crooked cops, corrupt judges etc.

The fact that we have been screwed over at every turn is exactly the reason we cannot be objective and our experience and opinions are simply not valid.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
Took money as well. He stole my excellent PVS 14, charged me for another one and kept the money. In effect I lost two.

Wow. Definitely something to share for others so they don’t get burned too. Unfortunately (or fortunately) a lot of shady stuff in the industry is starting to come to light.

Just know theres a guy in FL who also has one he's selling, and not a scammer ;)