• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

V-22 and Eley Match

Travelor

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2003
Central Arkansas
The other V-22 thread is getting way to long now and the subjects within it are all over the place, so I thought I would start one specifically for this question.

I'm shooting precision/tactical matches with mine and want to shoot Eley Match, with the EPS nose, as it is more accurate at distance than the round nose R-50 RWS. I'm having difficulty chambering this Eley Match ammo using the 10 round magazines provided my Vudoo. I have filed a rounded portion to the front of the magazine and am getting better functioning but the rounds are still not smoothly loading. Anyone have had this problem and found a solutin? If so, what did you do?

When I was trying Eley I experienced feeding hiccups as well. I was just trying a few hundred rounds so I didn't want to modify my magazines. What helped for me was just to be very careful about loading the magazines, insuring the rounds were seated all the way to the rear and that the top round was pointed up. The fussy-ness of the Eley overshadowed any accuracy advantage it might have for me so I settled on Lapua/SK ammo which feeds reliably for me.

Reactions: usafa77
I called Vudoo yesterday and was told that they are sending me a new style magazine follower to facilitate the Eley "EPS" nose loading problem. Also the beveling of the front of the magazine was recommended. Did the beveling a bit more and though not as smooth as cycling the round nose ammo, it is much better.

I called Vudoo yesterday and was told that they are sending me a new style magazine follower to facilitate the Eley "EPS" nose loading problem. Also the beveling of the front of the magazine was recommended. Did the beveling a bit more and though not as smooth as cycling the round nose ammo, it is much better.
Post a pic of the new followers