• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

V22 action is very sticky

bantaman2

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2011
Washington [WA]
is it normal to have an incredibly sticky action? If I attempt to close the bolt with any pressure on the end of my bolt knob, it will bind and not open/close after about an inch of travel. Is it normal to have to push almost directly behind the firing pin in order to get it to function? Even when iI put pressure directly behind the firing pin, it still feels like it is catching on something internally.

Ill update with pictures

1103B97B-07A9-4F01-A84A-DD38D0822B9D.jpeg

Right at this position it feels like the lungs are impacting some sort of wall. I pretty much have to pull the bolt to the rear with my finger choked almost all the way into the bolt down the bolt knob. The reliable and quickly return the bolt forward I have to push on the firing pin with my thumb so that it slides perfectly straight without any axial pressure. If this is normal, then I can live with it.

Without the magazine inserted, the bolt nose is allowed to rotate about it's axis a slight amount either side of vertical center line. If your ejector is a little too high, you'll feel a slight "knock" as the bolt nose goes passed the ejector or it'll stop on the ejector. You can easily remove the ejector by way of the magazine port and a few clean, level swipes with a #2 file will take just enough off that you'll no longer feel the "knock" or stop on the ejector. Or, just insert your magazine so the bolt nose stays centered....

MB