• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Va. Beach Victim Considered Taking Gun to Work

cornhusker86

C Co. 3/63 2nd. Bgd.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 20, 2012
    Red Michigan
    https://pilotonline.com/news/local/...IEr1ddfPBfHaQAwVv389JEMungpo-DgatDrB7Lp1sc6tA

Kate Nixon had considered taking a gun to work on May 31, the day a co-worker killed her and 11 others in the country's deadliest mass shooting this year, a family attorney said on a radio show Monday.
    The public utilities engineer was concerned about DeWayne Craddock "as well as one other person," said Kevin Martingayle, an attorney working with Nixon's family. So on the night of May 30, Nixon had discussed with her husband, Jason, "whether or not she should take a pistol and hide it in her handbag," Martingayle said. She decided against it because of a city policy that prevents employees from bringing weapons to work.

On Monday, Martingayle revealed the detail about Nixon's worries on WHRV's "HearSay with Cathy Lewis" radio show.
    "The night before it happened they had that discussion," he said on the show. "There was obviously something big going on."
    Martingayle told Lewis that he didn't have any more details about Kate Nixon's comments.

I hope the plaintiff loses,,, you willingly work for an employer that makes you sit there as a undefended target you get whats coming. Why should the citizens pay for the governments stupidity and the stupidity of their workers?

They can't actually file suit.

Martingayle told Lewis that he doesn't plan to take the issue to court, in part because he doesn't see "a path to the courtroom" due to sovereign immunity that protects municipalities from claims of legal wrongdoing.

Martingayle told Lewis that he doesn't plan to take the issue to court, in part because he doesn't see "a path to the courtroom" due to sovereign immunity that protects municipalities from claims of legal wrongdoing.

Sucks that they cannot sue, but that shouldn't stop them from airing the city's dirty laundry for all to see. Make the public realize that municipal workers are treated as nothing but expendable, nameless sacks of meat and organic matter. Repeat and air stuff enough, and people who pay attention to it will start becoming wary. Ideas and opinions have a tendency to replicate themselves among the population. The victims of this latest gun-free zone tragedy should badmouth the city as much as possible and raise as much of a stink as they can. People out here read shit and we make conclusions based on what we read. Just like how if a product or business turns out to be sub-par, you can't hide that kind of thing today, because of online reviews and social media.

Reactions: cornhusker86

I see it as a matter of negligence.

I know a number of individuals who carry at work in violation of policy. What are they going to do? Fire them if they survive a shootout?

I see it as a matter of negligence.

I know a number of individuals who carry at work in violation of policy. What are they going to do? Fire them if they survive a shootout?

I would rather have the chance to take down a mass murderer with the most extreme force available to a civilian and be fired for it than be unarmed and gunned down. Even if I survive in the latter situation, the knowledge that I had been nothing but a good, obedient little sheep will haunt and gnaw at me forever until it eats me from inside out.

There are no gun free zones