• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VA refi lender?

WeiserBucks

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Weiser , Idaho
    I've been working with my local mortgage company on a VA home refi since October and I'm tired of them dicking me around. Do you guys have a preferred lender who actually gets shit done without 764 fuckups over the course of 4 months of trying to close?

Try NBKC...National Bank of Kansas City. They have a good reputation for VA loans.

I used them about 5 years ago for a home purchase and almost again last year for a refi. My current loan service company was able to offer a competitive streamline refi I went with instead.

It's not a VA loan, but we refinanced through Costco. Begining to end in about 60 days, closing was at my kitchen table. Super easy, great rates

Rocket Mortgage, Austin. Great rates (2.25) very reasonable closing costs and closed in less than a month. I will PM you his contact details.

Rocket Mortgage, Austin. Great rates (2.25) very reasonable closing costs and closed in less than a month. I will PM you his contact details.
    Can you send me that info as well please.

I've been working with my local mortgage company on a VA home refi since October and I'm tired of them dicking me around. Do you guys have a preferred lender who actually gets shit done without 764 fuckups over the course of 4 months of trying to close?

I just refinanced (VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinancing Loan) with Freedom Mortgage at 2.25% (2.253% APR) with zero points/closing costs. Well that's not 'completely' true... They wanted 6 months of taxes/insurance paid to escrow that got added to the back of the loan that was considered a closing cost. But Freedom Mortgage paid all the typical fees including: Title Insurance, Settlement/Closing Fee; State Tax Stamp; Flood Determination Fee; etc.

I started the REFI on 01/27/2021 and am closing on 02/16/2021, so quick turnaround.

Reactions: WeiserBucks
    PennyMac has been awesome. Just did a VA refinance last year, and will refinance next month due to lower rates. They contacted me to help me save more on interest!

I just refinanced (VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinancing Loan) with Freedom Mortgage at 2.25% (2.253% APR) with zero points/closing costs. Well that's not 'completely' true... They wanted 6 months of taxes/insurance paid to escrow that got added to the back of the loan that was considered a closing cost. But Freedom Mortgage paid all the typical fees including: Title Insurance, Settlement/Closing Fee; State Tax Stamp; Flood Determination Fee; etc.

I started the REFI on 01/27/2021 and am closing on 02/16/2021, so quick turnaround.
    Called these assholes today, sounds like it's going to be a home run.