• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Vais muzzle brakes

Re: Vais muzzle brakes

I have one on my Sendero .300 win mag. I feels like a .308. This is a great brake. Mine was installed by GAP. You have to look hard to see the line where it meets the barrel.

+1 on Vias. I put one on my Rem 700 Sendero .300RUM and it's a pleasure to shoot now. It comes off easily, and my smith made a muzzle cap to fit over the threads (as some outfitters/guides will not allow a break).

I also don't think they are as loud as some other kinds of breaks. I do get a hell of a lot of dust if I shoot prone.

Very effective. Ive had a few. Have one now on a 300RUM...sets off car alarms at the range when I torch one off in that rifle.

here is one i just put on a customers gun
102_0510.jpg

102_0511.jpg

They are great brakes for hunting rifles for sure, but if your going to put it on a prone gun, they throw some serious debret everywhere. Especiallly if your shooting a match and there is someone next to you, they get a bit upset. But they do work well.