• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Valdada IOR Precision XT 10-60x56 40mm

markwente

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2021
DES MOINES
I purchased this scope from Val at Valdada.com after visiting with him regarding the best scope they carry for shooting matches. I have never heard of this brand of scope before until I watched some youtube videos of people shooting one mile plus distances with it and decided to look it up. I was starting from scratch and gave myself a $8k budget. Most shooters in my area including myself use Nightforce, Vortex, Leupold, Bushnell. So I decided to roll the dice without everlooking through one and Val at Valdada was nice enough to take $500 off the retail. I put this scope on an out of the box Savage Elite Precision 6.5 Creedmoor and a FTR bipod. This scope is definetly a very large scope with a 40mm tube and doesn’t appear as refined with a small tube sticking out of the bottom to house the erector spring for the elevation turret. The reticle is very fine and in SFP which is what I prefer for shooting. The clicks are 1/8 MOA which I prefer. The glass on this is better than any scope I have mentioned above. I have to say the turret design is different and easier to set your zero stop than the above mentioned scopes it actually has another stop where I suppose you could have 2 zeros if you wanted. Another nice feature is the maginification ring at 30x is 1 MOA and 60X is ½ MOA instead of full power which is almost never usable. I zeroed at 100 yds after I broke my new barrel in and could easily put 5 shots in 3/8” group. I did some testing moving 10 minutes each direction and the point of impact tracked perfectly. So I signed up for my first F-Class match ever and I won. It seems like people give this scope some negative reviews but I am happy with it and will be purchasing another one for another setup.

lol no i was using 135 A-tips and Hybrid 100V. Next rifle will be a rem 700 clone of some sort and a stock not a chassis. I'm just putting this out there for Valdada. I was honestly going to purchase a Schmidt & Bender but this was $1,500 less and same schot glass as S&B. Granted they could do some things different with construction of scope but it is what is. Actually the glass is made in Germany and the scope Romania.

Actually I guess my Nightforce Glass is from Japan and my Vortex Glass is from China. That never really occurred to me to look that up before oso 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3GunApprentice
lol no i was using 135 A-tips and Hybrid 100V. Next rifle will be a rem 700 clone of some sort and a stock not a chassis. I'm just putting this out there for Valdada. I was honestly going to purchase a Schmidt & Bender but this was $1,500 less and same schot glass as S&B. Granted they could do some things different with construction of scope but it is what is. Actually the glass is made in Germany and the scope Romania.

Actually I guess my Nightforce Glass is from Japan and my Vortex Glass is from China. That never really occurred to me to look that up before oso 1.

No it’s not the same Schott glass as S&B. Yur a moron.

Reactions: VargmatII
DA849854-8B4A-4D96-A656-CD26DF2E5C7D.jpeg

So I signed up for my first F-Class match ever and I won.
I know someone that "won" a match once. A smaller local club.

Of course, everyone else was at the Nationals that weekend......I don't put it on my resume. Regardless, the Val seems to have the features appropriate for F-class: 1/8 moa, fine crosshairs, SFP. I have found that in F-class image quality and positive tracking (return to zero, no backlash on windage) are the most important features. If it works for you, good to go.

Last edited:
I’m waiting for Valdada to come out with a 56mm tube. Like a straigh bazooka. Then I’ll buy.

But… new thought… it may suck-in so much light that it creates a micro-singularity that consumes the entire planet and eventually our entire solar system.

I’m thinking it’s still worth it. The aliens won’t miss us.

Reactions: VargmatII
The IOR scopes I’ve played with was very nice, and at an very competitive price point. Maybe i missed something, why the hate?
The older scopes were kinda crappy with so-so customer service. The newer ones have some following in the benchrest or F-class competitions but never caught on in PRS. There are better choices for that with optics in the same price range.

I recall like 10-12 years ago, they showed up on my radar. Back then, I was a sworn Meopta user. IOR was known for hit or miss quality, but that changed with some of their newer designs.
Almost pulled the trigger on one, but snatched a brand new Premier tactical for 1600$, so that was a no-brainer.
Had a chance to snatch a used IOR Recon for my Anschütz for cheap, but hesitated. Still annoyed about that.

My friend sent his scope in for repair back in 2016. It has still not been returned. The dealer eventually repayed the cash for it in store credit, he opted for a Minox ZP5 and it proved to be a good choice.