• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Value in getting a Pork Sword or similar?

clubmanager

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
They seem pretty slick, compact, etc. but in real life application, are they any better than a standard hunting rifle? Actually, when I say ‘better’, I guess I should really say ‘closely comparable’ as I’m sure a longer barrel will more often than not be ‘better‘ at actual shooting.

I usually Hunt with a Weatherby 7mm Rem Mag my wife gave me years ago. I recently put it in an Oryx chassis but have put yet not shot it. What I don’t like about it is getting in/out of deer stands; I’m banging into stuff constantly. What I’m considering is a Pork Sword or 6.5” barrel Bolt Action in 300blk. I have a 300blk pistol and a good amount of ammunition, some of that ammo is hunting-designed so ammo isn’t an issue. Most of my hunting is with 200 yards and if I ever get to hunt pigs, I’ll probably use a large frame AR (SR25) or the aforementioned 300blk pistol.

Or do I just use the AR pistol I already have? To add; I have a Suppressor and another inbound and while I’ll likely not use Subs for hunting, thought I’d add it to the conversation in case someone has a position with a suppressor in mind.

I’ll admit, this may be a hammer in search of a nail but I’m really intrigued by them and their potential usefulness.

The pork sword is compact with the stock folded. I have one with a 9" barrel in 300blk and it will fit nicely inside my backpack. Weight wise you can build them pretty light but depends on your scope setup.

If you got the money and want to do it, then go for it man. It does seem to me a little bit like a solution looking for a problem though…I think your pistol build would be just as capable most likely. For something a little more practical and versatile, you could look at something like a sig cross in .308. 16” bbl and folding stock, super lightweight…I love mine.

Reactions: clubmanager
I have multiple ARs and AR pistols in different calibers. I’m looking at both the Christensen Arms MPP and the JTAC Elf Owl. If your already looking then money is not what I would base decision on to an extent. That Oryx is a good chassis and awesome for treehouse or hunts where you don’t want to pack lite. I love bolt action rifles and they beat a semi all day in precision and after shooting one of those small buggers I got to have one. I carry an XOP MOBILE HUNTING setup and when not bow hunting pounds matter so 5-6 pound bolt action rifle that folds is the ticket. I’m leaning toward the Elf owl. Like the one below. Sure I could use one of my AR pistols but I want one and don’t want to be lugging a huge rifle.

Attachments

• 14888C49-F382-48EB-9ADF-AB80DBEC6C61.jpeg
    14888C49-F382-48EB-9ADF-AB80DBEC6C61.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 94
  • FF642089-4601-4E96-88FA-4B821A37D606.jpeg
    FF642089-4601-4E96-88FA-4B821A37D606.jpeg
    15.7 KB · Views: 116