• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Value of an RCBS 304 scale that's new in box?

dpilot83

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2010
I'm trying to get in to reloading and was researching scales. Seems like there is a wide range of options but many times the RCBS 304 was mentioned as a good one. So I searched eBay for it about a half hour ago and found one new in box that was set to expire in a half hour. It went for $425 (only one person bid on it and they met the minimum bid. Is this an outrageous price or is it reasonable for what it is?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-RCBS-Mod...=p2047675.l2557

Re: Value of an RCBS 304 scale that's new in box?

I say yes it was the right price. One thing on these scales would be, is it NIB? These haven't been made in 20 years, it'd be hard to believe, new!

I don't know. If you open my link and look at the pictures if it's not new it it looks darned close to it. Kinda wish I had snagged it but knowing as little as I know, I just couldn't make that kind of an impulse decision. Thanks for your thoughts.

I agree it looks new, when I first viewed it, I just looked at the brown box pic.
But a scale should look new, if your beating one up???

I can't remember for sure, but I think I paid close to $300.00 for one in 1986. Can't believe I ever got rid of it!

If you payed close to $300 about 17 years ago I imagine it's probably worth twice that much based upon inflation alone if it's truly NIB. Oh well. lol.