• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Value of low-mileage rem 700 take-off barrels?

Conqueror

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2008
North Central FL
Just curious, I may soon have a 20" .308 take-off with 40 rounds through her and wondering what these are going for when they pop up. Any ideas?

Re: Value of low-mileage rem 700 take-off barrels?

Chromoly, or SS? What contour? Flutes or no flutes? Drilled/Tapped for sights, or no?

you've asked too generic a question ... spill the beans on precisely what you have, and you will get responses on what people here think/know it's worth.

Looking at past sales on gun broker, a low of 57 to a high of 132 but the adv seems to be in the 60-70 dollar range.

i bet ones with 'tactical' stamped on the side go for more

sounds like an SPS tactical barrel, should fetch about a bill on GB,

And if somehting has tactical written on it brings a little more, I wonder what my 700 action that has tactical written on it would bring over a regular 700 action

When buying anything I will give 40-50% more for all things marked "tactical". If it says "sniper" the sky is the limit.

lol, thanks guys. It's an SPS Tactical barrel. I'm not fully decided but am toying with the idea of making a .338 whisper out of it or something.

i want to watch at a safe distance when you jock up a .33 caliber in a .30 caliber barrel .......i'll promise to do a great youtube at your funeral dirge .

He's thinking of rebarreling BR, thats why he wants to know what his 308 take off would be worth...