• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes value of my NF

eddy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
NoVa
i bought my NF 3.5-15x50 off of one of our snipers before he ets'd. he was in need of cash at the time, so he wasn't really in a solid state of mind when he sold it, so i am now looking for some ball park prices for it in case i want to sell/trade it.

15 months in iraq on a m14. couple of dings around the eye piece. glass looks ok. shit ton of rounds out from under it.

p1405091424.jpg

p140509142401.jpg

p140509142902.jpg

p1405091435.jpg

p140509143602.jpg

Re: value of my NF

eddy,

Have you considered asking Nightforce what they might charge to refurbish that war veteran? Even if you don't actually get it done, it might enhance the saleability to a new buyer, if Nightforce would do it for a reasonable price.

I would not want to venture a guess on how much it could be worth now, as somebody might actually pay a premium for a scope that has actually been there and back.

Just look at the premiums paid for USMC M40A1 "returns" stocks. This scope might not fall into the same category, but you never know till it is listed for sale. It could suprise.

Just saying...

Bob

fuck....ain't nothin

HOWEVER...if there are ring marks.....!!!!!

would sell better if you had taken pictures next to a pool

....i love seeing stuff like this.....its been somewhere, and if you could provide provenance (pictures on the weapon, where its been and who ran with it)....me thinks somewhere like Ebay this item would rocket through the roof

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eddy,

Have you considered asking Nightforce what they might charge to refurbish that war veteran? Even if you don't actually get it done, it might enhance the saleability to a new buyer, if Nightforce would do it for a reasonable price.

I would not want to venture a guess on how much it could be worth now, as somebody might actually pay a premium for a scope that has actually been there and back.

Just look at the premiums paid for USMC M40A1 "returns" stocks. This scope might not fall into the same category, but you never know till it is listed for sale. It could suprise.

Just saying...

Bob

</div></div>

Bob, those stocks come with a certificate of authenticity...clearly this will not.

I would send it to Nightforce for refurbishing and then list it for around $1200-$1000

bob. thanks for the heads up about the refurbishing option. that is definitely news to me. i will look into it. the guy i bought from said he would hunt me down if i did anything to change it with the exception of putting on a clear coat to keep the battle hardened look.

bolt. ive heard the price goes up 2x if it is by the pool, and the it is 3x if it is on the diving board or at night with the city lights behind it.

JCH,

Yea, I hear you, and a good point. But a Smear McMicky M40A1, will still sell for a good bit more than a new HTG, even without the COA.

I'm not sure this NF would, but the market is a strange thing. Especially with war returns....But I do agree with the refurbusing and your price ranges.

Bob

Eddy,

Negative on costs. I don't know if NF would even do it. But it costs nothing to ask them. Hell, they might buy it back themselves, you never know.....

Bob

My Experience has been that know body really cares whether or not an item has been to Afgan or the Sandbox unless it’s a rifle. Optics in bad shape sell as is in the value they are worth not based on where the scope has been. Anyone could take a scope and bang the crap out of it and say it’s been through war and back. I watched an Eotech from the Sandbox which was in ok condition sell for $325.00 on ebay.
The Eotech’s that were in good condition sold for over $360-375 same product. Nightforce is a great product and tough as hell so a little cosmetic damage isn’t a big deal as long as the glass is not to badly marred along with the turrets still being true and correct. The inner adjustment is what I would be considering if I were to purchase such an item. Does it hold zero? Does it have Zero stop? What are the adjustments MOA or MIL? Things like this would help on the price

no zero stops. moa adjustments. i haven't had a chance to test the zero or see how she tracks because i bought her a year ago, and all my rifles are back in VA where i sent it home and she waits for me.

i'm not looking for an exact appraisal, just more of a ballpark price so when i do get my hands back on it, i can test it and have an idea if trade/sell comes into the pictures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why refurbish?

That thing is beautiful! </div></div>

My thoughts exactly. Only thing I would do is send it to NF for MIL zero stop and MLR reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why refurbish?

My thoughts exactly. Only thing I would do is send it to NF for MIL zero stop and MLR reticle. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why refurbish?

Another +1... It ain't broke, don't fix it.

Let me know if you want to sell or trade for anything when you get a price figured out...

Dont do anything with it, i could care less what it looks like as its going to be painted anyhow. NF will fix anything that's wrong with it

trade you strait up for a very new 4-14x50 MK4 TMR illuminated? (not until after hunting season in december)

Oh ya...DIBS
smile.gif

seekins,
sorry to say it, but someone already claimed 1st in line if i decide to sell her.

i think i am going to leave her as is. she ain't broke!

7mmRM,
is it really worth the cash for a reticle change?

thanks for all of the responses

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">7mmRM,
is it really worth the cash for a reticle change?

</div></div>

Easily.

Excuse my ignorance, but what function does the turret located towards the front of the scope hold? Is this an older model with the illumination settings changed?

I've never seen a NF that looks like this one before, so I just got curious.

-R

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rassmussen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excuse my ignorance, but what function does the turret located towards the front of the scope hold? Is this an older model with the illumination settings changed?

I've never seen a NF that looks like this one before, so I just got curious.

-R </div></div>

I think it's a DOPE chart. You pull it out and you can write/read your DOPE on it.

yeah this one is leupold retractable one.

7mmRM. i will definitely look into it. i won't be able to get my hands on it for a few months since i am still in germany and the scope is in VA, but i if i do end up having them change it, i will post the results.

I would bet'cha a nickle the folks @ NF would like to borrow it for the Shot Show in January

They have in the past had in their Booth well used and some abused scopes on display. I would think having the "Real Deal" in person would add some Street Cred..........