• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Value of used RRS tripod

Bradu

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
IL
I'm debating on selling mine since I didn't end up hunting with it like I had planned and might build another rifle instead. I haven't really seen any of these for sale, what kind of money are these bringing used? It's a tvc-33 and a leveling head. Please don't blow up my private messages just yet, still not sure I'm going to sell.

Is it the new mk2 series 3?

New versions with the leveling head are about $1335 MSRP at Mile High.

I saw an earlier version RRS tripod for sale in the PX a while ago (4-5 months) for $900. It sold but don’t know the final price. I was a bidder. It had no head.

Last edited:
No, it's the older model. I bought it in the fall of 2017. I guess I was close in thinking I could get about about $1150 for the tripod, leveling head and the RRS bag

No, it's the older model. I bought it in the fall of 2017. I guess I was close in thinking I could get about about $1150 for the tripod, leveling head and the RRS bag

Sounds close. It always comes down to who is looking for what at the time. The difference in features old to new and the available warranty from RRS will certainly weigh in the decision.

Not telling you anything you don’t know

Reactions: Bradu
Never used that one so don’t know how that would compare to the anvil.
You still have a very nice setup and shouldn’t get beat up too much if you post it
For sale.

That is the latest leveling head and will be easy to sell as it is, according to some, the most stable of anything offered by RRS.

Your price seems reasonable but I wouldn't go any higher. The real way to find out what it is worth is to post in the Px and see what it will bring. This is a top tier outfit other rthan maybe the new anvil.

One thing to consider is that the market for RRS tripods is actually much larger than this forum may give an idea of.

The TVC-33 and leveling head are top-tier photography gear as well. One of the larger forums for trading this kind of stuff is fredandmiranda.

You can use the search function there and see that TVC-33s go relatively infrequently but the prices are more explicitly laid out.

Check some of the photography forums classified to get a gauge on how much you can sell for. RRS tripods retain their value very well and you may actually have an easier time selling one to a photographer.

That might be a little strong.... couple closed auctions for TVC-33 with BH55, L-Plates, and bags for 1100 shipped on the bay. Tripods are top tier no doubt.

Best to post it toward the upper range and see what you get for offers etc. There's been a TVC-33 on ebay that's slowly worked it's way down to $700 that's been there for a long time. Going to some of the big photo forums is another good option.

Sometimes people are weird about certain products used. For example coming from a cycling world, no one wants to touch anything that's carbon fiber and used. It just takes one scratch, crack, deep abrasion to compromise the structure and when it fails it's catastrophic. Now tripods I'd bet any of these carbon tripods could take a ton of damage and still not fail. Transferrable warranty can help, but not if use/abuse caused the failure. So in that case very detailed pics might help. Coming from a photo world I'm always leary of used optics because I remember when people would buy 3-4 new lenses, take the best sample, and sell the poor samples. Now that digital SLR's can adjust their sensor plane by lens it's not a factor.