• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes value of used uso?

bward

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Whats a used sn3 3.8-22X44 with moa reticle erek knob and a 35mm tube worth. It's used but in good condition. Thanks

Re: value of used uso?

I'm actually looking at buying one from a guy I've bought some gear from before, don't think he is a hide member though.

He is wanting $2450.00 for it with rings. Sounds like it's a little on the high side.

Not necessarily it isn't. It depends on how it's optioned out as USO's are VERY customizable. One optioned one way may be $400-$600 more than the exact same scope with different options and features. It's pretty hard to give an idea on price with what you've listed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is wanting $2450.00 for it with rings. Sounds like it's a little on the high side.</div></div>

ya....if your putting it on your ruger 10/22

So are you saying from the options I listed, which is all the options I think it has, that the price isn't too high?

wants and needs....go do your due diligence and figure how much ramman noodles you'll have to score to pay the butcher bill....

it a deal only if you can use it to an advantage, or flip it.....

good luck

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1909146#Post1909146

Here is one on the for sale thread, give and take some of the options might very, but just to give you an idea.

However, I would agree with Boltripper above
smile.gif

I had seen that one and I realize it has several more options than the one I am looking at but I am using it as a reference.

go to the the US Optics website and configure that model to identical specs. Now you have the base line value. Subtract value based on condition, add value by not having to wait for one, then decide if its worth it.

I am building it on USO's website for $2625 and I figure the rings are worth about $100. I guess what I am really trying to figure out is how much these things depreciate.

PM sent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, you could always go here and do the math: http://www.usoptics.com/product.php?partnumber=SN3-2200

Base price is $2,200 - 2,300 and the few options you listed probably run a bit over $300. After that, you have to figure if USO's depreciate and if so, how much. As with all items, condition is everything. </div></div>

Don't forget lead time as well. To some the ability to have a scope NOW and on your rifle for an upcoming match far outweighs any savings you may get from looking around or ordering/waiting. I have known guys to pay new price for a used scope because they could mount, zero and run a match that weekend so it's really all based on the individual buyer. Being able to wait months has it's advantages financially speaking though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am building it on USO's website for $2625 and I figure the rings are worth about $100. I guess what I am really trying to figure out is how much these things depreciate. </div></div>

If it's USO rings they're worth a heck of a lot more than $100 considering they sell for $250 new and don't depreciate much, if at all. Not to often you seem them for sale to say but I've seen them bring almost $250 used.

I'd say 80 - 90% of the replacement cost, depending on condition. Much more than that, might as well order one.

I just talked to him and it's actually a st-22 not an sn3. I had shot it but it had been a few months and evidentially forgot what model it was. I'm pretty sure he wants too much. Thanks for the help.