• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Vanguard Triggers

FNuser

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2009
O.k. I've got the pull weight down to 3.5 lbs but there is still a little creep, when I decrease the engagement the safety doesn't work anybody know what I'm talking about? I've disassembled the trigger and it looks like if I stone it in a jig to decrease engagement the safety might still work. Any Experiences?

Re: Vanguard Triggers

With the pull weight screw backed out all the way I get 3.5 But thats o.k. its the engagement screw that seems to be the prob when I back it out to get rid of the creep the safety quits. i.e. the lever won't move.

FWIW,
I couldn't get the creep out of mine no matter what I did, but I am no gunsmith either.... it always felt "gritty"

i had that problem with my vanguard trigger no matter how much i adjusted it just wasnt clean i finally gave up on it and bought a rifle basix trigger set at 14 oz little touch but i have gotten to the point of feeling the trigger move before it breaks.