• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Vapor Trail Tactical 2- day DMR/ SPR course in Dawson, Tx.

Hogstooth

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2004
Texas
www.vttactical.com
Its been a few years since I have posted anything on the hide for training, I used to teach at the Quantico shooting club and a couple places on the east coast in NC and Pa. when I worked for the gov. I have moved back home to Texas and now have my own private range near DFW that currently goes out to 600 yards, and will soon have power for the classroom. My first precision rifle course was 2 weeks ago and had a good turnout of people I have trained here in the DFW area, and I have had a lot of requests for a DMR style course so that is the next one scheduled. Bring your heater and some match ammo and learn how to burn that thing down and shoot to the capability of your system.

Date: Sept 30/ Oct. 1 weekend course

Time: 9 am to 4 pm each day

Where: Dawson, Tx (since this is a private range once you pay, directions will be given to the facility)

Round count: 300 rounds of match ammunition

Description: once we have zeroed and collected data at distance then multiple targets, supported positions, and rapid deployment drills will put you under time and stress. Day 2 will feature some short range work and transition rapidly to long range engagements with movement added to the course.

Gear and equipment:

DMR/ SPR/ RECEE rifle capable of 1 MOA or better accuracy
sling
bipod
3 mags minimum
gear to carry mags such as war belt or vest
support bags
shooting mat
tripod with cradle or clamp
optics (binoculars, spotting scope, LRF)
eye and hearing protection
any other gear you want to use during the course

Any questions hit me up at [email protected]

Keep it Point of Aim…
Point of Impact!

Attachments

• IMG_4566.jpeg
    IMG_4566.jpeg
    886.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3885.jpeg
    IMG_3885.jpeg
    518.1 KB · Views: 57
  • D9BEB4F6-0DF0-4A49-889C-DEF432EEBBBA.jpeg
    D9BEB4F6-0DF0-4A49-889C-DEF432EEBBBA.jpeg
    467.3 KB · Views: 54
  • C42FCB6A-A776-4125-86AA-7706F0693CB3.jpeg
    C42FCB6A-A776-4125-86AA-7706F0693CB3.jpeg
    387.7 KB · Views: 56
I was fortunate to attend training in PA on a farm near Raystown lake back in 2013. Learned a lot and had a ton of fun. I had never attended any formal training course before. Sean's training taught me how to hit a 1230yd target with my FN SPR 308, off of a big round bale of hay. Still have my data for those pepper popper targets haha!! For those of you in the DFW area, jump on this training opportunity. It will improve your shooting.

Reactions: Hogstooth
This will also be a great work up for anyone who is attending the Accufire technology DMR match at the end of Oct. check out this match, looks to be a lot of fun!