• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Vapor Trail Tactical: Sean Little

OLD308

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2018
Vapor Trail Tactical, Sean Little USMC

So today a fellow Jarhead and I hired Sean Little of Vapor Trail Tactical for a bit of training. I had never heard of Vapor Trail Tactical or Sean Little before, not that that means anything. The day started with the basic dope conformation and a review of the fundamentals. Training progressed through position building, scope manipulation, wind calling, and time management. It sounds a bit dry I know, but the fundamentals are the fundamentals. The pace of the class was a natural flow with no hard stops or skip overs due to time restraints. Questions were answered based off experience, not theoretical spit balling. About 150 rounds were sent down range with a sad amount dedicated to showing me my poor recoil management in one position.

The facility, located in Weatherford Tx, was outstanding. Various steel targets of all sizes, shapes, and colors were stretched out to 1,000 yards. The paper targets out to 500 yards were quite the eye opener. One particular aspect of precision rifle training I greatly appreciate is a well thought out courses of fire. I understand every instructor has "their way" and it's my job to find what works for me. Even still, for the money I've spent on training elsewhere, Sean's "your prone sucks" course should be mandated everywhere. It was just one drill, very simple, but man what an ego buster. We all talk constantly about dry firing off whatever is handy nightly. I agree completely. I would also like to add paper at 500 for groups and single shot start/stops when possible. My ego was destroyed, and before you laugh, just go do it.

Money well spent is an understatement. Personal instruction was tailored to our ability and future goals. The facility was not lacking in anyway. No bullshit about not using this or that particular scope, caliber, bullet, app, bag, or hair gel give all day. I've been to some of the top training facilities in the nation on my journey to precision perfection. Even vowed to go back when time allowed. I'll make the time to go back to Vapor Trail Tactical. Sean is an excellent instructor. If your a Jarhead, you know what to expect from Sean. If not, professional instruction, great facility, and experienced based knowledge in spades. So three Jarheads spent the day at the rifle range. Insert jokes here.............

Little in his natural environment:

Reactions: Hogstooth
Surprised he didn't try to make out with that bear. Sean is good people, I've shot with him on multiple occasions but at the end of the day he was still a Marine so by mandate I have to give him shit.

The last time I brought this up Sean was a little embarrassed I think so I'll just leave this right here...I keep wanting to get his autograph...

Surprised he didn't try to make out with that bear. Sean is good people, I've shot with him on multiple occasions but at the end of the day he was still a Marine so by mandate I have to give him shit.

The last time I brought this up Sean was a little embarrassed I think so I'll just leave this right here...I keep wanting to get his autograph...

View attachment 7102405
Aww you dang army dog! Miss you buddy!

He’s good people for sure and would recommend him to anyone wanting to train.
Good teacher and a wealth of knowledge especially when it comes to real world combat marksmanship.

But did he have his “helmuuuuuuut”?
Little is good people. One of the first guys I shot with at an RO match....god, more than a decade ago now.

I figured little’s “natural environment” would have placed his head squarely in the other end of that bear!!!