• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Varget, 22cm, and 95SMK

CarbonMTN

224 Overbore
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
NV
Cant find data at all for this so please help if you can.

I have about 6 LBS of Varget left that I've been using for reloading 60 gr TMK 223.

I want to build (in the near future) a 22cm shooting only 95 SMK. I've see that the 95 SMK can shoot extremely well and that bullet looks damn cool and cant wait to try and out shoot a few buddies while I'm at it.

So here is the problem. with powders extremely hard to find currently (h1000 ,4350 and RL26), i was wondering could I work up a load using the Varget that I currently own?

I am used to only following guilds from Sierra or Hornady so this would be my first time working a load from scratch, so do think Varget would work?

With the 22CM using the 95 SMK I am NOT looking for a speed demon. I Want max speed to be around 3100 FPS. that still blazing fast but if Varget could get my only, say, 2700-2800 fps I would be happy.

If the goal is 2700fps with the 95SMK, just use your 1:7" .223 Rem with Varget. It'll get there.

Otherwise, in today's component market, you could easily trade that Varget for a more suitable .22Creed powder.

Reactions: CarbonMTN