• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Varget lot to lot changes

burnzpowder

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
Nicholson Georgia
With Varget 8lb'ers being in short supply until June, I am buying all the one pound can's I can get.and of course they are all diferrent lots. Does anyone have any reliable data they can post about changes they have observed in velocities when changing from lot to lot. Is there a significant change and how much in just your 100 yd zero.

Re: Varget lot to lot changes

varget is pretty stable lot to lot. do you still have any of the 8lb jugs left? if so, pour 8-1 lb into it and mix well. Just rotate the jug over and over and over.

Re: Varget lot to lot changes

Do you have chronograph?

When you start with new lot #, load up 3 rounds and put those over chrono. Adjust powder charge accordingly. Every 1 lb'er is a different lot #?

Would take one hell of a change in velocity to change your 100 yd zero.

Couple tenths of a grain (+ / -)is all I've ever need to maintain same velocity when changing lot #s of Varget.