• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Varget or Primers

kujuak

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
Trade primers for Varget??? I have lots of large pistol primers and large rifle primers. Trade for Varget available 1:1 lb to 1,000. I don't need more Varget now but haven't loaded 44Mag or 45acp for years. Got the pistol primers when I shot IPSC. Now I load for 44mag carbine and I can't imagine shooting 1,000's of rounds through that carbine.(;)Primers are NOT for sale so don't ask.)

If you dont need or use the primers and you dont need more Varget then what is the motivation?

Anticipating future supply issues is my question. You are probably right, best to just hold on to what I have.

You reduce operating continuity & supply chain risk by acquiring primers and very popular powders whenever you can, regardless if you actually use them or not, so you can use them for trade later. That’s how I’ve built up my supplies to the extent that consumption will likely never outpace it

Reactions: HOOFER and kujuak
Trade primers for Varget??? I have lots of large pistol primers and large rifle primers. Trade for Varget available 1:1 lb to 1,000. I don't need more Varget now but haven't loaded 44Mag or 45acp for years. Got the pistol primers when I shot IPSC. Now I load for 44mag carbine and I can't imagine shooting 1,000's of rounds through that carbine.(;)Primers are NOT for sale so don't ask.)
30-40lbs of Varget. Contact lafayshooters.com. It’s a local but they’ll probably sell to you. I just went there. 8lb keg $359. Not sure how much each lb is?

Reactions: kujuak