• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Varget Replacement?

Jhunt41

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
North Idaho
Since Varget is apparently no longer available anywhere in the universe, does anyone have any other powders they would recommend?

Thanks,

JH

Re: Varget Replacement?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnAE308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VV N150</div></div>

+1. Varget and N150 is all I run in .308.

Bought the N150 and 500 SMK Molly's
smile.gif
Can't Wait to stick them in the BHA Match brass that is sitting there primed and waiting!!!
JH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnAE308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VV N150</div></div>

+1. Varget and N150 is all I run in .308. </div></div>

Come on guys keep it quiet or we will be in the same boat as the vargeter's ;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark S</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnAE308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VV N150</div></div>

+1. Varget and N150 is all I run in .308. </div></div>

Come on guys keep it quiet or we will be in the same boat as the vargeter's ;-) </div></div>

+1 lol hush hush big hush..lol

i would like to know about the 748 also, i have a jug on the shelf i used for some loads for my cousins service rifle loads but we went with varget instead

I have contacted the parent company Thales that owns ADI in Australia where Varget is made in an effort to find out why supplies seem to be , not getting through to USA at the moment.
They have been very good in the past at customer support.
See what happens this time.
24 hours no reply as yet.
48 hours no reply as yet.
It does not look like Thales wants to talk about it. That is unusual .

<span style="font-weight: bold">No way N 150 for $188.00</span>.......get IMR 4064/4895, and don't look back if you can't find RE 15.

I'd stick with Hodgdon powders, for the granule coating technology, and go with a chart-adjacent burn rate. Without seeing the chart, I'd suggest H-4895.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">No way N 150 for $188.00</span> </div></div>

you be lookin in da wrong place ;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd stick with Hodgdon powders, for the granule coating technology, and go with a chart-adjacent burn rate. Without seeing the chart, I'd suggest H-4895.

Greg </div></div>

You still have to find it. It appears that all Hodgdon powders are hard to find right now.

Good luck

Jerry