• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Varget Resale values

bohem

PVA's HMFIC
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Southeast, PA
www.patriotvalleyarms.com
I was sent a couple links from a friend noting that Varget is going for 80 bucks or more a pound on gunbroker. Needless to say this is insane that some people are paying prices like that, however, my question is...

What's the legal ramification of selling stuff like that? I had heard, but not verified, that you need a Federal Explosives License or something along those lines to sell an 8lb jug of powder.

I find it a little hard to believe all the people selling the jugs on there are ammo or components wholesalers do you guys? I just wonder if there's going to be some people's asses in a crack. It's a big temptation but the whole 400% markup just makes me feel dirty inside...

Re: Varget Resale values

If I had a full 8 pounder, I'd be using ball powder and selling the varget.

The vendors could be selling it to friends and setting a precedent for future gouging.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The vendors could be selling it to friends and setting a precedent for future gouging. </div></div>

That's a good point... bastids...

Makes me feel silly for giving a pound of it away last week. That was like $100 worth of Varget!!
laugh.gif

I'm hanging on to my 16lbs, no matter what they price climbs up to. I just hope in a few months I'll be able to buy 16 more.

I just bought some from Powder Valley. I ordered it about two months ago, and it arrived last week. Two eight pound jugs, and no price gouging from Powder Valley.

James

I just got 8 pounds of Win 748 from Powder valley . Rounded out my collection nicely but they did get me for about 25 bucks more than everyone who didn't have it in stock was priced .

Does powder valley bill your CC when its shipped or at the time you place the order?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does powder valley bill your CC when its shipped or at the time you place the order? </div></div>

They only bill once its shipped. I just got 500 Lapua brass I had on B/O from them today. Just put in a backorder and wait, thats the best thing.

Alan

I will trade 4 8-lb jugs of Varget, never opened, for a nice GAP rifle.

Would also consider trading a jug or two for high-end optics such as S+B, USO, or Premier.

I have 210M and 215M primers also, so we may even be able to strike a deal on a complete rifle/scope combo if you have some really nice shit.

If you really want to play hardball I even have BR2 and BR4 primers.

Let me know what you have got...
grin.gif

Yeh.. I'll trade about 2k of BR2's and 8lbs of varget for a M82 barrett and I'll even throw in a few Federal match 210M's just because I'm a nice guy....But I will only do this with a pristeen rifle.....Laugh !!!!!SmokeRolls

Shit guys Large Rifle Primers are easy to find . What can I get for 2k CCI BR-4's and 200 Federal F205M's ... LOL

I really like the new Dodge Challenger or a GAP M40A1 complee build by Eric Reid
wink.gif

I figured I would trade out the unopened case of LRmag primers and 8lb of Varget for a new Prius, maybe I can offset the carbon and lead footprints we're all guilty of creating from our evil sport...

It's ridiculous that people are not only pushing prices like this, but that people are actually paying it. I would just switch powders, I can find something else to shoot before I spend 80 bucks a pound on powder.

Several sites have 4064/4895 in stock why wouldnt a person just switch. Dont get it. Just looked at Gunbroker several auctions for Varget high priced?

I figure as part of the stimulas package I'll trade out my 24lbs of Varget and 10k 210 primers for my mortgage note.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i wonder if there is a resale market for used toilet paper..... </div></div>

I was just trying to figure out how to capture the expended gases from my rifles and sell them as used gun powder ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30378</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I refuse to rip people off that bad. Some things are just wrong!! </div></div>

The idea of it makes me feel crappy about doing that to another shooter.

Personally, I'd just switch to something else. Varget is good stuff, but it ain't magic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Personally, I'd just switch to something else. Varget is good stuff, but it ain't magic. </div></div>

What he said

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The vendors could be selling it to friends and setting a precedent for future gouging. </div></div>

Agreed! I smell a rat! Consider the following:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=129213174

The buy-it-now is $550 and no one is even bidding - not even the "bidders" for the above ref. jug that have bid HIGHER amounts and been "outbid". WTF!?

thats it..........i'm going to offer up my two 8lb jugs of varget.....

any offers on two EMPTY 8lb jugs of varget ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The vendors could be selling it to friends and setting a precedent for future gouging. </div></div>

Agreed! I smell a rat! Consider the following:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=129213174

The buy-it-now is $550 and no one is even bidding - not even the "bidders" for the above ref. jug that have bid HIGHER amounts and been "outbid". WTF!? </div></div>

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder myself now that it's been mentioned. That's only a 1 day auction though and it's been up for barely 3 hours, so I am curious to where it will end.

Looks like people are starting to jump on the "sell your Varget, QUICK" bandwagon... 2 days ago only 2-3 users had Varget for sale, now it's dozens. Maybe this will drive the market back to just gouging instead of butt raping.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats it..........i'm going to offer up my two 8lb jugs of varget.....
any offers on two EMPTY 8lb jugs of varget ? </div></div>

Ya gonna charge a HAZMAT fee?

Uhhh did any of yall catch the auction for the USED colt 6920 box?

That one was great.

Someone put up a pair of MagPul MBUS on arfcom for sale.

Hmm, I was just at Scheel's Sporting goods at the mall in Appleton, Wi and they said they had a pile of Varget in stock.