• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vari x iic dependability

tymurrey

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
Wilton, North Dakota
Awhile ago I picked up a used vari x iic 3-9x50 gloss to put on a Winchester model 70 featherweight 30-06. The scope has the friction adjustments on it and looks like new shape. Planning on using the gun as a back up elk rifle or when the lighter weight makes it a lot more practical to pack than my 12lb 300 win mag. Not my ideal setup but couldn’t bring myself to put a matte scope on a beautiful classic looking rifle and didn’t have a lot of options for a gloss scope and found this scope for a decent price locally. Just not sure if I want to go through the hassle of setting it all up if I’m going to have to worry about the optic failing on me. Searched the forum and site but couldn’t find a lot of info and was looking for some first hand advice from people who have put one through some hard work and what their experiences were.

Run it.

There's no way to tell if you got a broken one until you use it.

There wouldn't be a strong used market for old leupold glass if it didn't work. Sure, things break, but they started the warranty game and have been working for a long, long time.