• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Variable Gantry Mount on High Power Rifle

tiNdvenTFHwMdqKW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2010
I just saw this mount yesterday and am intrigued by it.

Anyone using the Variable Gantry Mount on a high power rifle like a 30-06 or 300 WM?

I see lots of examples of it on .22's but nothing on big guns.

http://vgmount.com

imGEPANEL.jpg

Re: Variable Gantry Mount on High Power Rifle

Chris at Miracle Machine Works said they've had them on big kicker rifles with no problems. The only one he has had any problems with was on my 44 Freedom Arms revolver and that was due to the SSK TSO'B mount having deeper grooves in the mount and not letting the locking bar engage the mount grooves enough. He remedied that problem with a custom fit pin.

If you're interested give him a call and he'll be more than happy to tell you which guns they've put them on and how they have held up. Me and my son both used them year before last on our 260 Remington XP-100 long range pistols which has a differnt/somewhat sharper type of recoil than rifles and had no problems at all.

They do sit a bit higher than some folks like but really not that bad with a cheek piece and a bit of shooting to become comfortable with. The second video below my name shows one of them on my sons 7-08 XP-100 with a sporter barrel and no brake. He holds a light grip but does show the recoil the mount held up to all season.

Topstrap

Re: Variable Gantry Mount on High Power Rifle

I don't think the height will be an issue. I would use it on a rifle in an XLR Chassis which already requires a high scope mount point. I could replace the 30moa rail and high rings with this and some low rings and then get better elevation range out of my 12-42 NXS Scope.

It would still be interesting to hear from others with this system instead of relying too much on the person selling it.