• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s vasectomy

wpdrebel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2009
southeastern U.S.A.
had it done friday. not to bad overall, except for the damn smokin hot female resident dr. that was training on me. she said she was going to assist my dr. she ended up doing half the sugery. she was good looking but she hurt like hell. you could definately tell he had done it before. i guess no prone shooting for a few more days. my damn duty belt is making work suck. i didnt think about it pushing down so much.

Re: vasectomy

frozen peas and vicodin..had mine in 2002..well worth it..had it done on friday too..i was out all weekend, and it never bothered me going back to work on monday..good luck

last one of these threads got going on for several pages then LL deleted it.

Peas or corn, your choice. 2 bags. Rotate in and out of the freezer. Stay off your feet the day of and the day after.

This thread will self destruct before the day's over I predict.

i think had she not done the left one i could have worked monday. but sunday evening i was hurting. my right one the one my dr. done has been fine. she pulled and tugged alot more than he did. i must have been her first. ha. i got a script for percaset, but only took 1. God forbid something happen but i would be screwed if i got involved in a shooting and be on pain pills, so i havent taken anyhing. even though they are mine i would be drug tested and it wouldnt look good.

Touchy subject for LL maybe?

Anyway been considering this, have one child and thats enough lil pokes runnin around for the world. Insurance cover this?

got mine done in 1978 on a friday, stayed in the recliner for two days with a cooler full of beer. my girl friend at the time helped me up to go piss and waded on me hand and foot, come monday morning i got on my harley an went to work. no lifting for two weeks and after that i was good to go. hang in there.

yes. i called before hand. what i was told by bcbs was i had to pay my co-pay and that was it. on my first visit i paid $30. my second (day of surgery) i didnt pay anything. i havent received a bill yet, but its only been a few days. i may not get one, according to my insurance anyway. my wife just had our second child, both girls, and thats PLENTY for me.

I too be slated for this in the near future.... your story doesn't help much...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wpdrebel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes. i called before hand. what i was told by bcbs was i had to pay my co-pay and that was it. on my first visit i paid $30. my second (day of surgery) i didnt pay anything. i havent received a bill yet, but its only been a few days. i may not get one, according to my insurance anyway. my wife just had our second child, both girls, and thats PLENTY for me. </div></div>

yep..my wife says it was the best $25.00 she ever spent

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I too be slated for this in the near future.... your story doesn't help much... </div></div>

Best money you'll ever spend.
I joked about getting "For entertainment purposes only" tattoed above mine, wife didn't think it was as funny as I did. Go figure.

women have no sense of humor. one of my buddies called the day after and asked if they were still attached. i said yeah but they are for decoration only now. my wife didnt get it.

LOL, thats good, we have three kids under three years old, all boys. I'd say I'm set....

Had mine done a month after divorce papers were filled. Insurance shall we say for my future endeavors, lol. Wasn't bad at all. Two days off my feet, frozen gel bags on the twins. Took 2 of the 12 pain pills given to me, after that, just took it easy.

Went to the Dr last week, 8 weeks post opt, and got my results. NO swimmers, music to my ears. Best $30 ever, worst money ever....marriage licenses $30. Odd how the same amount can bring out the beat and worst, lol.

I had mine done after my twins were born. There was no need to have any more. My wife and I have 13 generations of twins between us. Her Dr. said a baseball team was possible, the plumber did his job, no more kids.

Like everyone has said, frozen peas or corn and no lifting. I went back to work way too soon. I picked-up a lead-acid aircraft battery the day after and thought I was going to die.

amazing the nice array of colors that ones scrotum and other areas turn. never knew purple and black could exist side by side that close to the twins, lol.

A dull pain is best way to describe it. not too bad, just you know it is there. Again following Dr's orders and not trying to be John Wayne is the best advice.

i just have to mind how i sit for now, the pain is not bad at all just a pulling sensation from the stitches. my left one is worse though. damn rookie dr.

not sure about that rookie thing, my left side hurt worse too and the Dr did them both. Wonder any other guys had the left side hurt worse than the right one?

Had mine in 84, followed docs orders and no problems.

A hunting bud of mine had his done on a Friday morning, went deer hunting Sat morning, shot and hauled a deer Sat afternoon, and was at the emergency department Sat night. My other hunting bud said he had never heard a grown man scream that loud and in such I high voice tone.

Well i have been wanting to get it done, and the wife is undecided! I keep talking my brother in law the doctor, not the one to do it by the way, to see if he knows someone that will give us a deal if we both get it done! I love my kids but don't want anymore, two is enough and i just have to convince her of that!

Wow,
Irony defined, a bunch of gunmen who now shoot blanks.
grin.gif
Take it easy, Ice packs, eat your Ranger Candy, it can't hurt forever.

Best money I ever spent. You just gotta stay on the couch for a few days afterward.

I helped my doc do my brother in law's vas. Of course since this was my office, I had to gig him a little. Just a little.
We put him in the cast room, since that is where we did all our procedures. So while he was waiting, I started getting things out like the cast cutter (check for function of course) and the long handled cast tongs, and the hand saw, and the stainless steel spreaders, al clattering and clashing on the tile counter, and crashing into a stainless steel pan. finally, he said, "Whas all that fer?" (Heavily pre-opped)
I told him, "Your insurance from California, pays a little differently, so we have to use the bigger non-sterile tools. This shouldn't hurt a bit."
He says: "Well don't make so much noise, yer keeping me up."
I said "If you hear any screaming, don't worry about it, it will be you."
Later while the doc was deep into it, my Brother in law raises his head, and says,
"hey doc."
"Yes?"
"Hey, I gotta take a big ol' shit."
the doc looks at me, and I just shrugged.
He turns to my B-I-l, and says" Go ahead, won't bother me, I got a cold."

Had mine done a few years ago while my wife was pregnant with our 3rd girl. If not done we probably would have had a couple more children by now...that's not a bad thing. Reversal is out of the question. Couple of tips: Make sure you and your wife are finished, biggest pointer of all do not try to use it too soon. I wanted to make sure everything still worked fine and tried it out about 36 hours later...everything still worked but I think I hurt myself and the healing process. I felt like I was kicked in the nuts for about a full week. Just a thought.

Im glad everyone elses went well, I had the one from hell. The Dr. was fine, just the aftermath. I had not been home 5 minutes when my 2 year old drops an uppercut into the unit, swelling was horrible and looked like a black softball. Went back to the Dr and he drained it and said to watch out for additional bleeding. I ended up using all of my vicodine and was out of work for a week. To top it off I had an allergic reaction to the stitches and they did not disolve properly, had to be pulled out the undisolved pieces with tweezers and no additional medication.

Everytime I hear someone say its no big deal I feel like kicking them in the nuts.

Oh, and bro. Get your checkups to make sure youre firing blanks.

Stitches, forgot about those. Yes mine didn't dissolve either. Had to pull them out, it wasn't too bad, waited 4 weeks and they were still in there. The area had been a little tender. once the stitches were out the tenderness went away.

No matter how you look at it, it is a very personal decision. I mean it is ur body after all. If you think you have enough kids then pull the plug. A hell of a lot cheaper than raising more kids.

One of the docs at my wife's residency did his own.

ETA: my "consultation" is June 10. The boys jump a little every time I think about it, but the nausea that set in when my wife last asked me to pick up a pregnancy test (it was negative) was worse.

My experience:
Got it done on a Friday at noon.
The murderous nurse hurt me more shaving me down with that damn yellow disposable Bic razor than the doctor did through the entire surgery.

Procedure?
Slight pain from injection of novacaine/lidocaine
Surgery : Slight pressure and pulling sensation. NO pain though.
Aftercare : Bags of frozen peas and corn ARE your friend. Plan on being horizontal for the weekend. Perfect time to catch up on the movies you wanted to see. Pain meds weren't REALLY needed, but taken anyway. Fuck it, a $5.00 med co-pay to spend the weekend stoned out of my tits? Why the hell not?!

Overall?
Never any describable pain felt. It kind of felt like someone holding your sac a little TOO tight for a few days.

Advice?
Do NOT get the procedure if you have ANY form of a cold that makes you cough. If you cough within the first few days, it WILL feel like you are trying to shoot bowling balls out of your sac!

Sex afterwards :
Doc told me wait 2 weeks. I should have waited about 3. It was uncomfortable, especially the ending. And speaking of which, a vasectomy is NOT a magic wand. You may have cleared the chamber, but the mag will still be full for awhile. Do NOT miss any of the follow-ups either. A vasectomy is serious surgery, and the last thing you want is to fuck up the aftercare and not have the elephant raise his trunk and bellow.

In other words. It's no big deal. Get it done, don't sweat it, and follow the doctors advice to the letter.

Good luck.

my nuts swelled up so much i said to my girl friend i would like to have them bronzed, instead she took a picture of them, got it famed and put it on top of the tv. make.s a nice conversation piece.

Get you a jock strap, and keep the boys as close to you as possible. Go buy 4 or 5 of the frozen med bags to keep down there and rotate them out every few hours. Keep them on the ice bags for at least 2-3 days. When you shower, move them the least possible. It's the movement of them that hurts. Also, the Dr. said it takes 20-30 ejaculations before the tube is empty of live sperm and you're shooting blanks. Other than that, it wasn't too bad.

And- Go around for the 4-5 days saying you have the biggest balls- because you WILL!

So, my boss was also one who had this done. Except he was "Real Tough". The mill where we worked needed him real bad, and he came back in to work that same day. He had his surgery in the morning, and was back around 3:00pm. Nothing to it.

Ya'll don't know what yer talkin' about, he said.

Sure, I'll help you carry that I-beam, you get the other end, I got this one.

(you see, it is a good thing this took place in the beginning of December, cause when he dropped that I-beam, he was able to run outside and drop his drawers and make 'funny looking snow-angels into his crotch.) He sat there for a while.

Then he went home.

All was better the next day though, cause he was back for 'morning meeting' and gave out the jobs. He lasted till about noon that day. All that walking around to everyones jobs, just checking on things, seemed to give him a 'Tummy ache'.

Was about a few days later, that infection set in. That got fought with for about a week or so, then the right one had to get removed. Yep, you read that right.

He was told to be off for at least a week. But the Mill can't run without me, he figured. I believe he made it 3 days, before he 'just going in to check on things'. Well ya see, it don't always work out like that. Just catch up on this paperwork. And get this copied. And get that sent up. And check on the stockroom for parts. And.... well, you guessed it. Infection wasn't quite cleared up, and it sorta took a liking to the 'other one'.

They tried fighting that one off too. Fought harder even.

Lost.

Lost it too.

Them ain't Protein Supplements he's on now, so's I'm told. Them're for wimps.

Or, you can listen. And no, I ain't making this up.

After 4 kids, I'm done. Have one planned to be done soon, but some of these ain't helping me be very calm about it.

Of course, when I think about kid #5, I don't get so worried...

Definately take it EASY! I decided to go out on the boat in July the next day. MISTAKE that cost me three days in bed with the twins looking like black grapefruits. Don't know what the deal is with the left one but mine was worse on that side as well sumbitch still hurts when the elephant raises his trunk sometimes. Get it done though and clear the pipes before you and the missus get back to work. Don't hesitate like I did however, cause we found out she was pregnant with our third child on the day of our appointment! She told the doctor over tears if you don't cut that son of a bitch I will when he asked if "I was sure."

On Megas note, shave yourself before you go and then you don't have those problems cause I didn't trust any woman with a razor near those, hell get the wifey to help and keep some gold bond powder cause its gonna itch when the wig grows back.

Also, the doc gave me two anxiety/muscle relaxers to take about an hour before the procedure. I took them while we walked in the restaurant for lunch before the procedure and don't even remember leaving the restaurant or any part of the surgery!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norcal Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I had not been home 5 minutes when my 2 year old drops an uppercut into the unit, swelling was horrible .... </div></div>

A lot of good advice here from previous posters - this one was the first to warn you of the little ones not realizing the situation. Same thing happened to me - my 3 yr old daughter decides to do a two-feet-first pile driver to the unit - I have never wished for death except for when this happened. Luckily i got a bit of hip turned, so not so much swelling as the bruising... and it was two days after the surgery - I cant imagine what it would have been like if she had slammed into em right away.
I had mine done in 97 with only a local - no anesthesia affects, just a thousand pound bee sting and everything else was no prob.

I guess im going to be the pussy out of this bunch and say "No Way Boss!" My wife and I have two great kids buyt she knows that she has to threaten me just to go get my teeth cleaned, let alone have some damn doc go digging south of the border! I'll say it! IM A PUSSY!

Glad I'm snipped.

The only problem I had was that the doc injected the local on one side, did the deal to that side a couple minutes later and then proceeded to immediately start on the other side WITHOUT INJECTING THE LOCAL!!! That stung a little bit......

Got mine done a few years ago. No big deal. Had to go in for a follow up a few weeks later to make sure I was shooting blanks. The receptionist said to come in any time with a sample but to call before I come. I said I always do.

I wish mine was a good experience.DO NOT HAVE A WOMAN DO IT!!! Big F**king mistake.Once my sack was opened she reached in and grabbed my tonsils and not my tubes. I gagged.I didn't know my nut tubes were attached to my tonsils and vocal cords.I was fine the next day but the table experiece changed my outlook of women who hate men. Don't let them operate on you. Period

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BDOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't know my nut tubes were attached to my tonsils and vocal cords.</div></div>

Dude that made me laugh. I did not have any real pain for the procedure. the sting from the local was the worst part. I remember him dig through the spagetti tubes and feeling the side of my neck tug, more that a little weird.

It felt like he was trying to pull start a lawn mower when he started yanking on the cords. He had to give me some more juice. My results aren't typical, as I am kinda resistant to anesthesia.

Of course, after it was over, I jogged home. NOT!
shocked.gif

The recovery wasn't too bad.

I had mine done a couple years ago while living in the UK. It was done for free on NHS, gotta love free medical. It was a bit of a different experience to say the least. Walk in, hang out with a bunch of guys all waiting for the same thing.

There was a female nurse helping out and another that did nothing but want to talk the whole way thru. Come to find out he was good friends with a neighbor, Jesus all I wanted to do was get it over with. Not have a casual small talk with my junk hanging out in front of everyone in a room that felt just a little cool (shrinkage?). I am not sure what scared me the most, the smoke from the Dr cauterizing things or when they electrically shocked the nerves to test for feeling, fuck.

Recovery wasn’t that bad either. I didn’t have any trouble, just a little sore.

And when is someone going to do a motivational picture and add it to the other thread. Come on there is good info in this thread. I know someone can put it to good use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My experience:
Got it done on a Friday at noon.
The murderous nurse hurt me more shaving me down with that damn yellow disposable Bic razor than the doctor did through the entire surgery.

Procedure?
Slight pain from injection of novacaine/lidocaine
Surgery : Slight pressure and pulling sensation. NO pain though.
Aftercare : Bags of frozen peas and corn ARE your friend. Plan on being horizontal for the weekend. Perfect time to catch up on the movies you wanted to see. Pain meds weren't REALLY needed, but taken anyway. Fuck it, a $5.00 med co-pay to spend the weekend stoned out of my tits? Why the hell not?!

Overall?
Never any describable pain felt. It kind of felt like someone holding your sac a little TOO tight for a few days.

Advice?
Do NOT get the procedure if you have ANY form of a cold that makes you cough. If you cough within the first few days, it WILL feel like you are trying to shoot bowling balls out of your sac!

Sex afterwards :
Doc told me wait 2 weeks. I should have waited about 3. It was uncomfortable, especially the ending. And speaking of which, a vasectomy is NOT a magic wand. You may have cleared the chamber, but the mag will still be full for awhile. Do NOT miss any of the follow-ups either. A vasectomy is serious surgery, and the last thing you want is to fuck up the aftercare and not have the elephant raise his trunk and bellow.

In other words. It's no big deal. Get it done, don't sweat it, and follow the doctors advice to the letter.

Good luck.

</div></div>

yeah no shit on the cough. i developed one a day before the surgery. its like getting a sledgehammer in the boys every time. 1 week later and i am still coughing. WTF!!!!

I had mine done in the spring of '92. Back in my logging days. I had mine done on Thursday morning and took that and Friday off. I should have taken more. I went back to work on Monday. It wasn't packing around a 20 lb. chainsaw that did me in. I was limbing and bucking on the landing. What made me really sore was the seam in my heavy duty pants that kept catching and going across them every time I hopped up on a log. Initial swelling was sizeable, swelling after working a week was grapefruit size. And of course purple, yellow...some orange. I took it easy for week after that. I kept the feet up, ice on the sac and took anti-inflammatories, but not pain killers. It came down and I was able to go at it again after ten days off.

Moral of the story is take the time off and do what the doctor says.