• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VCDL sues for libel.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    THis is sweet, hope we take them for a bundle.

Virginia Citizens Defense League
    Defending Your Right to Defend Yourself
    VA-ALERT
    Back on June 9, a VA-ALERT item talked about how the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (CSGV) libeled VCDL and its members by saying VCDL is a “Domestic Terror Organization” in a press release. That press release was published in the media, spreading that defamation.
    From the CSGV press release:
    “Virginia cannot afford to elect Glenn Youngkin and his outdated and harmful stance on gun violence. His willingness to say anything for a vote is deeply troubling, as we’ve already seen him cozying up to those with deep ties to those at the forefront of the insurrectionist movement, like Senator Amanda Chase and the domestic terror organization, the Virginia Citizens Defense League.”
    Here is the FBI’s definition of a “domestic terror organization:”
    “Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.” (https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/terrorism)
    VCDL has never even been accused of being involved with or committing any kind of violence, much less a violent criminal act.
    VCDL is suing CSGV for libel and Mr. Joel Kanter, the Chairman of the Board of CSGV, has been served the papers. We await CSGV’s initial response, which is due by September 18. Once we have the response, we will update you again.

Here is a copy of VCDL’s complaint:
    V I R G I N I A :

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF FAIRFAX COUNTY​

(Civil Division)

VIRGINIA CITIZENS DEFENSE LEAGUE,
    Plaintiff,
    v.
    Case No. CL-2021-_____

THE COALITION TO STOP GUN VIOLENCE,
    Defendant.

Serve: Joel Kanter, Registered Agent
    925 H Street, N.W., #1106