• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vector 21 Bluetooth to Kestrel 5700

CoryT

Gunsite Rangemaster
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 5, 2004
    Paulden, AZ
    www.gunsite.com
    Those of you who got Vector 21's from me or other sources, just a note to let you know you can get a BlueTooth dongle that will connect the 21 to the Kestrel 5700 ballistics from Ronnie at Down Range Systems. You'll need to call or email him, the Web site only shows the Vector IV version. The 21 uses a different connector and an extra digit in the range data output, so the software is altered to match.

Note, these don't have the trigger button, you press both the azimuth and distance keys to send data. If anyone is interested, or has one already, I'm working on a remote button option by making an adapter from the 9 pin cable to the BT module.

DRS-Bravo, Vector to Kestrel 5700

Reactions: Emouse
    @CoryT any update to this? I went to the linked site above and it’s not active. Looking for a 21a Bluetooth with the trigger button?

Either out of stock or somebody screwed up an update to the Web site. Give Ronnie a call, tell him I sent you. The dongle does not have a cable with button, I make a DB9 to Lemo adapter to plug it into the standard data cable with trigger. I can do the 15 pin GS cables as well. If you don't have the data cable with your 21, I have those in stock.

Cory T

Any idea where I can get my hands on a Bravo system for my 21's ? I would love to have them connect to my Kestrel 5700
    Thanks for your time

Fernando

Cory T

Any idea where I can get my hands on a Bravo system for my 21's ? I would love to have them connect to my Kestrel 5700
    Thanks for your time

Fernando
    I spoke with Ronnie and it doesn’t sound like they are making them anymore. I’ve asked him to see if he’s got the components to build me one.

Reactions: mo0820