• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vector 93K(HK33 Clone)

Wolvenhaven

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Came in the mail today to my gunsmith and I went and picked it up, I'm very happy with it and can't wait to shoot it.

12.5" barrel with 4.5" pinned flashhider(planning on form one'ing it to an SBR soon)

Metal SEF lower. US barrel, trigger, and internals(as far as I can tell).

Came with a 40rd mag(was supposed to have a 30) which I'm going to replace pretty quickly because it's just too damn bulky and awkward.

20120516_233341.jpg

20120516_233319.jpg

20120516_233302.jpg

20120516_233249.jpg

Re: Vector 93K(HK33 Clone)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the most important detail??? </div></div>

No idea how it shoots yet, hopefully I'll know in a few days.

Man,
Id give a kidney up for an HK53 with a registered DLO trigger pack.......

So sexy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the most important detail??? </div></div>

No idea how it shoots yet, hopefully I'll know in a few days. </div></div>

The OTHER most important detail, how much was it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the most important detail??? </div></div>

No idea how it shoots yet, hopefully I'll know in a few days. </div></div>

The OTHER most important detail, how much was it? </div></div>

$1,550.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CarlsonCustoms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really wish I knew more on HK's because I think I'd like to get one.. that one looks awesome. </div></div>

Well they're very simple, robust rifles. Like all rifles they have quirks and have specific tolerance requirements, but I have never had one fail on me, even when things went crazy at the range. I've had a casing(crappy milsurp .308) explode while in a G3, it ejected the casing base, shoved the mangled case up into the cocking tube, chambered the next round and would have kept going if I hadn't broken it down to clear it. I've also had an MP5SD catch fire from all the GSR buildup on the can, and a muzzle flash set it off. Had another MP5 with a broken roller tray rolling around in the bolt head and it probably had 5k rounds through it that day without a hiccup and we didn't even know it was broken until I cleaned it that night.

I love HKs, roller delayed blow back might be an old tech, but it's like the M14, it just keeps soldiering on. HKPro is a great resource for learning about how they function, what to check, and how to maintain them; including animated action pictures, cut away sections, and detailed descriptions on the physics.

Well I finally managed to get it to the range.

First 60 rounds I had an FTE every 4th round or so, it's ejecting very weakly for an HK, so I'm going to replace the extractor spring, the last 40 rounds though didn't have a single FTE and it ran great.

The only issue I have with it is the windage is all the way against the stop and it's still shooting about 5" left, other than that I'm really happy with it.

had that sighting prob with a "special weapons" mp-5 clone
they had canted the front sight. had to send it back

If you're having problems ejecting, check the clearance between the bolt and the ejector lever. The trigger group could be sitting a little low, or the ejector could be a little out of spec.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tsavo303</div><div class="ubbcode-body">had that sighting prob with a "special weapons" mp-5 clone
they had canted the front sight. had to send it back
</div></div>

Probably what I'm going to do with mine. If it's just the irons, it's not a big deal to me as I plan on sticking an aimpoint on it, but if it's a crooked barrel, that'd screw up my zero even using an optic at anything other than my zero range.

Sent it back to vector last night, here's hoping they manage to fix the issue and a few others I told them about.

And I had both (91-93) the real McCoy's back in the day and sold them. Boy was I stupid......

Well, 8 months to the day later I got the rifle back. It required calling them and calling them to the point I had to speak to the VP of the company to get something done.

The sight issue turned into a barrel issue when they broke the barrel fixing it, and fixing the barrel issue they wound up breaking the trunion so they had to completely rebuild it.

So finally with the rifle in hand which I last had in June last year: the fit and finish are nicer and the gun seems better built however they sent me a DVD showing them shooting it into a water trap which is great and all, but my issue wasn't that it wouldn't fire it was that it couldn't hit the broad side of a barn so who knows if that actually got fixed.

Having it back is awesome and all but I still only have the 1 magazine and no ammo because I didn't want to buy into a broken rifle I might be getting rid of and now it's impossible to find 223 or magazines so I'm SOL on even testing it to see if it's fixed or not haha. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on 50 rounds or so so I can go test it.