• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vector and 737 R side by side?

BANG...ping

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2017
Hi all,
In the market for a new action (6 Creed). I have handled a Curtis Vector, but not a Impact 737 R. Has anyone handled these side by side? Any input would help, particularly bolt feel / lift.

Thanks,
Bang

I have a Vector and have played with an Impact. For me personally, I like a shorter lift/throw so the Curtis appealed to me (I'm a huge fan of Tikka's). Curtis comes standard with AW cuts, but Impact will also do this for you if you request. Either will give you what you want (a smooth, functioning action to shoot shit with).

You should also look at the Terminus Zeus.

Ive played with a Curtis Axiom and an Impact. Impact has a lighter lift, and I found it to be more resistant against binding. The Curtis lift was shorter. Smoothness felt about the same. It comes down to personal preference in the end. I chose Impact, since it felt a little nicer and lighter to me, and I didnt care whether it was a 60 or 90 degree throw.

I have seen both run great I personally have Impact but that has more to do with the guys behind it and they way they treat customers.

From my inner circle Curtis customer support hasn't been the greatest. Just one incident but it was enough to seal the deal for most of us down here to buy impact and never look back. They are close to me as well.

I have seen both run great I personally have Impact but that has more to do with the guys behind it and they way they treat customers.

From my inner circle Curtis customer support hasn't been the greatest. Just one incident but it was enough to seal the deal for most of us down here to buy impact and never look back. They are close to me as well.

Ah yes I forgot to mention my experience with the guys over at Impact have been top notch as well. Ive never dealt with Curtis customer service since I bought their action 3rd party.

I would avoid Curtis.

Impact over Curtis if the choose is between those two. If you feel like you have to have a 60° bolt throw, then perhaps the Terminus actions may be worth looking at. Supposedly a higher quality "fixed" Curtis.

Does anyone have any feedback on the Terminus Zeus? I think I want one. Cannot find a lot on them. But my understanding is that guy was the one that designed Curtis Actions but he started his own company and improved on everything a bit.

Does anyone have any feedback on the Terminus Zeus? I think I want one. Cannot find a lot on them. But my understanding is that guy was the one that designed Curtis Actions but he started his own company and improved on everything a bit.
It's Joel Russo. He designed the Vector, and recently separated from Curtis Custom. He's made some improvements over the original Vector design. Here's an interview with Joel recorded in August. http://www.precisionriflemedia.com/podcast/2019/8/29/prm-120-terminus-actions-w-joel-russo

Joel is a talented rifle designer who sincerely stands behind what he sells. This may be the golden age of precision rifles. An amazing number of high quality actions from which to choose. Terminus is one of them.

It's Joel Russo. He designed the Vector, and recently separated from Curtis Custom. He's made some improvements over the original Vector design. Here's an interview with Joel recorded in August. http://www.precisionriflemedia.com/podcast/2019/8/29/prm-120-terminus-actions-w-joel-russo

Joel is a talented rifle designer who sincerely stands behind what he sells. This may be the golden age of precision rifles. An amazing number of high quality actions from which to choose. Terminus is one of them.

The Terminus Zeus has really caught my eye. I hope to get one soon! I listened to the entire podcast. Very cool!

I have a Curtis vector, but if you don’t care about 60 degree bolt throw or the quick switch barrel system I highly recommend you to go with Impact.

Reactions: LongRangeJunky
I have a Curtis vector, but if you don’t care about 60 degree bolt throw or the quick switch barrel system I highly recommend you to go with Impact.
The quick change barrel feature really seems like it is well worth it. Even if you are not changing calibers in the field, being able to easily go from 223 trainer to 6mm comp barrel to 6.5SAUM hunting barrel without remving from the stock or taking scope off etc, really seems like a slick way to do it.

I have a Curtis, but if I were to be buying right now, I would go with Terminus. My Curtis runs fine, but the smaller diameter bolt on the Terminus makes things a little easier, and he has supposedly improved a few things. And yes, the quick change barrel feature is nice. Remember, it’s not sold as a “perfect” return to zero everytime, however, in my testing it has been damn close. Also, some will tell you that the hand tight with set screw method isn’t enough and all barrels should be torqued to 100 ft pounds, but I can tell you that the Vector/Terminus barrel retention works just fine. My first barrel was left in place for about 1,000rnds with no movement and no problems.

However, if you don’t need the 60 degree throw, Impacts are great as well. I have also heard great things about Lone Peak Fuzions. You really need to try to get your hands on a 60 degree throw type action and a 90 degree type action to see which you like though. They both have ups and downs.