• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vector Optics 34mm Continental 5-30x56mm FFP with VCT-20 Reticle

motobie

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
I just got this scope from Vector Optics. Its online official store is at www.vector2007.com sells it for $833. The 34mm Continental is Vector's new premium line of scopes. Vector claims the following: German Schott ED HD Glass, German Optics System by Using LaREE Lens & VePRO FMC, > 90% Light Transmission.

To my eyes, the glass in my 5-30x56mm is incredibly good. It seems better than my Kahles K624i gen 1. The eye box is bigger and easier to use. I never thought that my K624i had any tunneling effect until I view it side by side with the Vector Continental. My Kahles K624i seems a bit "flat" compare to the Continental. The Continental also seems a bit sharper and brighter at 30x compare to the Kahles at 24x, too. That's shocking to me. So maybe Vector Optic's claims of German Schott glass and German tracking system are true. I have never heard of LaREE lens and VePRO FMC. I'm not knowledgeable about optics so it all sounds a bit like Greek to me. Maybe someone knows about this stuff and chimes in? My Continental's glass is definitely better than all my Sightron SIIIs, Kahles, and Vortexes (non Razor). I think I will bring this scope into a store and compare them to whatever high end stuff I find in there. That would be fun. Anyway, I'm hoping that someone out there have seen these Vector 34mm Continental stuff would chime and tell me what you think of it.

The reticle is in milrads and is fairly clean for a xmass tree type. I think the center dot could be a little smaller. I like the way the vertical stadia subtensions are set. They are just easier to count this way. Only the central dot of the reticle is lit. And it seems to bleed a little bit and not evenly lit, too. Maybe it's just my eyes. This doesn't bother me at all.

Both turrets have the typical locking feature, popping up to dial, pushing down to lock. The elevation turret has zero-stop. The turrets a re easy to turn and count clicks. When I turn the elevation turret quickly. I can easily count the clicks without missing any. The clicks are not loud but I can hear it easily enough. There is some play between clicks but I wouldn't call it mushy. This little play actually makes it easier to count clicks. The turrets on the Kahles are sharper and there is virtually no play between clicks. The Kahles turret's clicks are very tightly spaced comparing to the Continental. All together I would miscount the clicks on my Kahles if I'm not careful or turn too quickly.

My Continental's elevation turret is limited to 18 mils. Whether I set the zero or reset to default, I get 18 mils total travel. So the advertised 26 mils total travel is not all usable as far as the elevation turret is concerned. The total range is usable in the sense where you set your zero-stop. The Kahles turret has more range than the Continental for sure. Anyway you set the Continental's zero-stop by removing the turret cap and turning a circular ring inside the cap. Turning this ring clockwise all the way sets the zero to wherever the turret is currently dialed; turning counter clockwise, resets the zero. It's pretty simple and easy to do.

For years, we all have seen Vector scopes at gun shows and relegate them to lower end stuff. In my mind, I would not expect 12 mils when I dial 12 on these scopes. I'm not sure why I bought this scope. Maybe it's the recent trend of so-so brands turning out very good stuff for their new "premium" line of products convinced me to give it a try. I'm glad I did.

I have not shot the 34mm Continental yet. I don't know if the tracking is accurate or reliable under recoil. We'll see how it does this weekend. The glass is so good that it would be a terrible waste if the tracking isn't reliable and accurate.

Anyone else bought one of these yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: RxT and Sanwizard
Well, let me be the first to display some incredulity. I had a Vector 1-4 about 15 years ago, hung off of my Bushmaster along with some" Gnights" green lasers and it was like the good Lord himself had shit awesomeness all over my 1913 rails. A week later when it had fallen the fuck off with great prejudice, I decided to look elsewhere for gear...

So, color me skeptical, but I love to be proven wrong- how about some side by sides through the Vector and your Kahles ?

I used the Continental twice at the range testing some 6.5CM loads. I haven't done any tracking tests. So far I have dialed in for zero at 100 yards and then shot to test reloads. Then I shot some at 300 yards. So far the scope seems to hold zero at 100 and dialing 1.2 mils for 300 yards. It isn't any tracking test. Once I have a stable and accurate load, I will try to do a box test. My first shoot was 0.8 mils hight and 0.4 mils left according to the reticle; so I dialed for corrections and they seemed dead on zero. So that was encouraging.

So both of my session at the range was around 1PM to 3PM and both days were bright sunshine. As far as optical quality goes, the Continental seems to be about equal to the Kahles K624i. On a bright sunny day, it's hard to tell any big differences between the two scopes. CA is about the same at highest magnifications. I thought the Continental was slightly sharper but a friend looked at both scopes and said they were the same.

I forgot to take any pictures at the range. I'm not sure my phone's camera is good enough to do any scopes any justice. But I'll try to take some pictures this week.

Some free accessories finally arrived. The scope covers are interesting. They are made of aluminum; they are certainly heavier than plastic covers. The rear cover simply snaps on the rubber ring of the ocular lens. The front cover screws into to the sunshade and, the cap portion of the cover can be rotated with some small pressure so you can orient to which direction cap opens. The covers are cool but heavy. I probably wouldn't use these covers on a light hunting rig.

Last edited:
The top picture is from the Kahles K624i and the bottom one is from the Vector. It took me a while to get decent pictures of both. The best one I got from the Kahles is about 30 mins later and the roof is in shadow. But that's what I got. They both look about the same to me with my eyes. The pictures from the camera don't reflect well how they are in real life.

If you want to pay about 3K for the Kahles, good for you. As for the poor, you might want to check out the Vector 34mm Continental for less than 900.

Attachments

• Kahles K624i 24x.JPG
    Kahles K624i 24x.JPG
    358.5 KB · Views: 726
  • Vector Continental 34mm 24x.JPG
    Vector Continental 34mm 24x.JPG
    281.3 KB · Views: 742
  • _1440467.JPG
    _1440467.JPG
    308 KB · Views: 753
Reactions: RxT
Although I know that Chinese optics of late can be very good, I really am suspicious about your post.

I'll save the debate on whether we should be supporting the PLA through our scope purchases for another day, but I must ask if you have any direct or indirect connection with either Vector or one of its Distributors? I mean, 17 posts since 2008 and now this?

I have no connections with Vector Optics, distributors, or China. I haven't post anything for a long time because posting anything on any forums is a headache. Most of the time I just read stuff on forums. I decide to post on this scope because I think it's a good deal. I know there are lots of guys who can use a decent scope for cheap. Everybody knows what Vector stuff is like over the years. I have seen their crappy stuff at gun shows for years.

I just about fell out of my seat when I looked through this scope the first time I got it. It's not like Vector is selling this thing as some kind of secret. There must be other people who bought this thing too. It's just a scope. I was about to buy a Vortex Eagle for $700 when I saw this scope. Why is it so unimaginable that the Chinese who make the Vortex Eagle cannot make a decent if not better scope for the same price or less? Yeah I was a sucker for the "German glass" claim. I still don't know if it's German or not. But I know looks as good if not better than all the scopes I have. You guys don't have to believe me. I figure I share the good news. I wish somebody here who is really knowledgeable would buy one an really test it. The guys from whom I bought the scope seemed legit to me. I figure if I don't like the scope, I can return it and get my money back since they guarantee it. Vector has been around so it's unlikely they would pack up and run off with my money. Like I said I took a chance.

Over the years I have bought expensive stuff that are over hyped. And when I post about my bad buys, people would jump all over me, calling me all kinds of names defending the bad products that had good advertising. I also buy inexpensive stuff that turn out to be very good quality. Like TPS steel rings when they were still around $60 for a pair. Nobody heard of TPS then. Now they are over $100 for the same rings. Right now the UTG Pro 34mm rings are $45 a pair. They are made right here in the US by the same UTG people who make other crappy products, too. These "pro" rings are good quality but I bet you people will jump all over me for saying that. Ever seen or used UTG "Over Bore" bipods? They are inexpensive but are very good quality for around $150. Again I bet you people will jump all over me for saying UTG makes a good bipod for relatively cheap. I bet you they have never even use this bipod but they know all about UTG and they act like they're experts. They know all there is to know about such things because they once bought a bad UTG product. And a company that makes cheap products can never improve. Honda, Toyota, and all those Japanese junk in the 70s, Japanese copies, etc. etc.. Want to buy a Ford lately? I love America; it's the best place to live freely and earn a living and be left alone. I simply refuse to spend my hard earned money on over-hyped and under performed products no matter where they come from.

Last edited:
well, you called my bluff, I thought you were bullshitting about having a Kahles to compare it to.
Holosun was a joke until it wasn't, but still, your review is rather effusive....Maybe Ilya will give one a spin.

Reactions: x2cross
Glad to see some info on this scope.

I have had some good Chinese made scopes and I have had some crappy ones for sure.

Last year I picked up a vector 3-12 for an air rifle because the price was right and I was only shooting 30 yards max mostly. Scope works very well especially in bright conditions and will compete with my vortex 3-12 Diamondback hp at half the cost.

Having said that. I wouldn’t be putting it on a gun that I really needed it to work every time just because I don’t have the confidence the 160.00 scope will last like a more expensive and proven scope.

Time will tell but it’s not unheard of for scope manufacturers to have base entry crappy scopes and top tier scopes from the same company.

To be fair the gen1 Kahles was not their greatest product. The gen 2 and 3 are definitely a big step up.

I have no connections with Vector Optics, distributors, or China. I haven't post anything for a long time because posting anything on any forums is a headache. Most of the time I just read stuff on forums. I decide to post on this scope because I think it's a good deal. I know there are lots of guys who can use a decent scope for cheap. Everybody knows what Vector stuff is like over the years. I have seen their crappy stuff at gun shows for years.

I just about fell out of my seat when I looked through this scope the first time I got it. It's not like Vector is selling this thing as some kind of secret. There must be other people who bought this thing too. It's just a scope. I was about to buy a Vortex Eagle for $700 when I saw this scope. Why is it so unimaginable that the Chinese who make the Vortex Eagle cannot make a decent if not better scope for the same price or less? Yeah I was a sucker for the "German glass" claim. I still don't know if it's German or not. But I know looks as good if not better than all the scopes I have. You guys don't have to believe me. I figure I share the good news. I wish somebody here who is really knowledgeable would buy one an really test it. The guys from whom I bought the scope seemed legit to me. I figure if I don't like the scope, I can return it and get my money back since they guarantee it. Vector has been around so it's unlikely they would pack up and run off with my money. Like I said I took a chance.

Over the years I have bought expensive stuff that are over hyped. And when I post about my bad buys, people would jump all over me, calling me all kinds of names defending the bad products that had good advertising. I also buy inexpensive stuff that turn out to be very good quality. Like TPS steel rings when they were still around $60 for a pair. Nobody heard of TPS then. Now they are over $100 for the same rings. Right now the UTG Pro 34mm rings are $45 a pair. They are made right here in the US by the same UTG people who make other crappy products, too. These "pro" rings are good quality but I bet you people will jump all over me for saying that. Ever seen or used UTG "Over Bore" bipods? They are inexpensive but are very good quality for around $150. Again I bet you people will jump all over me for saying UTG makes a good bipod for relatively cheap. I bet you they have never even use this bipod but they know all about UTG and they act like they're experts. They know all there is to know about such things because they once bought a bad UTG product. And a company that makes cheap products can never improve. Honda, Toyota, and all those Japanese junk in the 70s, Japanese copies, etc. etc.. Want to buy a Ford lately? I love America; it's the best place to live freely and earn a living and be left alone. I simply refuse to spend my hard earned money on over-hyped and under performed products no matter where they come from.

I never said that the Chinese can't make good stuff, they certainly are capable of doing so when motivated by a company that insists that they step up the QA game (e.g. Athlon). The issue for me was that it appeared that you might be shilling for a product out of left field and that was quite suspicious. I'll take you at your word that you are not.

I have purchased a few scopes in the past with a Chinese provenance, usually for a low cost application where I didn't require the performance of a Tier 1/2 optic (Bushnell AR-22 2-7x and PA 1-6x on 22lr ARs; PA 4-14x Orion on a hunting rifle) or where there simply is no alternative (Prism Scopes for astigmatism on multiple ARs). I won't call a scope garbage simply because it's Chinese in origin. That said, I have now determined of late that I can no longer purchase them, no matter how good the product may be. If one of my Chinese optics goes down and I need to source a new optic, I'll be looking at something else that doesn't have a Made in China sticker. I just spent $799 for a LOW-made 5-30x scope NIB...there are options other than PRC scopes in that price range. Everyone else is of course entitled to their own views on that front.

Reactions: SuperFly222
Although I know that Chinese optics of late can be very good, I really am suspicious about your post.

I'll save the debate on whether we should be supporting the PLA through our scope purchases for another day, but I must ask if you have any direct or indirect connection with either Vector or one of its Distributors? I mean, 17 posts since 2008 and now this?
Ok, I need to jump in. I own 2 Vector Taurus 5-30x56, and the older 30mm 5-30x56 Continental. I have a 34mm 5-30x56 on order from Optics Planet.

I purchased my first Taurus on a lark during a Christmas special for about $250 bucks. The glass quality blew me away. I live near CameralandNY, and brought it in to compare to other scopes. The Vector glass was either better or just as good than all the Athlons and Vortex scopes.
After watching Illya's reviews on darklordodoptics, I bought the new Brownells scope for a grand. I sent it back. The vector glass was better for 1/3rd the price.

So I bought another Taurus, the Continental, and now the new 34mm Continental. I think I have some glass pics somewhere on this site I uploaded. I have ZERO affiliation with Vector, but I can vouch that they make quality scopes. My Continental is on my 338 Lapua, and 2 years of shooting all is still perfect.
Vector also recently opened a US store, so with the lifetime warranty, no more shipping to China. But I have never had a problem, so that wasnt an issue for me.
All I can say is you need to experience the glass quality for the money. Best bargain around.

Yeah, I am with ya buddy, but hey, unless Trump wins, kiss all US manufacturing goodbye. Embrace the suck.
Ok, so I received the 34mm continental yesterday, and compared it against the Taurus and older 30mm continental. The glass is great, but to tell the truth, in multiple light conditions, my eyes could not see that much of a difference between the older 30mm and the new 34mm. The turrets are much nicer, the illumination is better, its FFP reticle is great, and the price at $807 on Optics planet is incredible. That being said, I am returning it, and just going to buy the older version again, and save $500 dollars towards a new MDT chassis.

Attachments

• 20201026_184931.jpg
    20201026_184931.jpg
    576.2 KB · Views: 288
  • 20201026_185010.jpg
    20201026_185010.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 324
  • 20201027_122033.jpg
    20201027_122033.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 308
Sanwizard, Hahaha! It makes me wonder about their german glass claim. The glass looks good to me but I doubt it's german anything.

Snipe260, take it easy on the vitriol there. Which is it? Fuck the Chinese people and their products? Or fuck China, it's communist government, and its products?

I can put German Schott glass into an optic...doesn't make it incredible...Schott...just like any glass maker produces lens systems based on prescriptions and price...do some of you honestly think that they will give Vector the same glass as Schmidt Bender...nope.

If you are plinking ninja around at the range...most, if not all optics produced today will suffice...if you actually give a darn about having good equipemnt...they are a lot better options in the used market than new Chicom Vector...now Vector makes a lot of OEM optics for others...so no doubt they can make a decently produced optic...there is a lot more that goes into optics than just optics...

I've seen too many times where people will spend $2K+ on rifles and put $500 optics on it...

Well, I can tell you that the glass in the Vector 34mm Continental is better than the glass in my Kahles K624i 1st generation. And it costs less than 1/3 the price of that Kahles. The factory guys at Kahles kept telling me my K624i was sharp and fine. Here's a secret. It ain't fine. It ain't sharp either. But hey Kahles is high end optics and has the finest glass. Hm... I've got a discount K624i with Mil-6 reticle for you. Say $2000? If you want good equipment, look around and explore new options. People don't make 2nd generation scopes because the st generation scopes were too good. You can chicom this and chicom that all day long but if it weren't for the chicoms, we all would still be paying $800 for a scope with the old mil-dot reticle and MOA turrets.

Well, I can tell you that the glass in the Vector 34mm Continental is better than the glass in my Kahles K624i 1st generation. And it costs less than 1/3 the price of that Kahles. The factory guys at Kahles kept telling me my K624i was sharp and fine. Here's a secret. It ain't fine. It ain't sharp either. But hey Kahles is high end optics and has the finest glass. Hm... I've got a discount K624i with Mil-6 reticle for you. Say $2000? If you want good equipment, look around and explore new options. People don't make 2nd generation scopes because the st generation scopes were too good. You can chicom this and chicom that all day long but if it weren't for the chicoms, we all would still be paying $800 for a scope with the old mil-dot reticle and MOA turrets.
That is literally the dumbest post ever...ITS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE FREAKING GLASS man...what goes inside your optic, how its built, tolerances etc....matter more to me (and others) than outright glass...for range plinker ninjas...glass is pretty much all they care about...

No...I am pretty sure we have had accessible, affordable mil/mil setups for a while now (from Japan and Phillippenes)...no Chicom didn't give us the mil/mil advantage...China doesn't create...they copy...so what happens is when an American company contracts with a Chinese optic maker to produce a Chinese optic (or whatever product)...the Americans do the engineering for it...then they share it with the Chinese...then the Chinese copy it...

No...you can thank Vortex, Bushnell and others for giving you entry level access to MRAD...Vector and Discovery just copy what they are given...

Let me share another problem...Chinese raw materials...having seen for example the difference between metal of the same grade from Chinese to American...the impurities are quite evident...a lot of your bridges at one point from 2000-2010 were built with cheaper Chinese steel that they are now having to repair and replace...

I am NOT against international trade nor China per say...as trade gives us opportunity for peace over war...everything is about resource control/sharing...

Man, that Chinese 34mm scope looks very similar to a Japanese crimson trace scope I own...:unsure:
Pretty much almost all "accessible" optics right now are designed/engineered by a couple American companies so they will look very similar...especially LOW made optics now...then you have Vector/Discovery and others that produce/copy said designs...

Chinese can produce good optics...just take a look at Vortex...their buying power allows for good optics to come in...look at PA...their relationship with the Philippine produce good optics at a value...

Crimson Trace and others have figured out the optics game and joined the party...same with Brownells...

We haven't even got into low priced ARs...pretty much all small parts are now imported as well...heck...Desert Tech uses a lot of cast parts coming from India and Malaysia...so...

Hey smart guy, so you're saying people are knowingly and willingly pay $2000 or $3000 for a so-so glass that tracks well? Only stupid people like you would do that. And there are stupid people like you for sure. I pay 1/3 for that and my chicom Vector tracks just fine. In fact it tracks better than my Sightron SIII Japanese made scopes and the Philippine-made Diamond Vortex. You're saying the Chinese copy and don't create. So theJapanese don't copy stuff like the Chinese? So LOW didn't copy like the Chinese before they got better at producing scopes on their own? Like I said, if it weren't for the Chinese, you would be yapying $800 for a mil-dot Bushnell and MOA turrets. If you don't have the Chinese making less expensive scopes, you would pay two or three times more for the same quality made in the Philippines or Japan.

It's funny how people like you talk about American made scopes, rings, and other shooting accessories and take pride in that. However when it comes to real living necessities like the roof on people's houses or the floor in their kitchen, they don't ask for American made stuff especially when they see the estimates. They only ask for quality at cheaper prices. They don't care where it came from but only what they can afford. In many cases, people literally can only afford to fix or upgrade their homes because of chicom materials. They don't ask for American made nails, screws, titles, side-dings, paint, etc. etc.. They don't care except that they can afford to fix their homes properly. So when I hear horse shit from you, thehun, it's nauseating. What you are yapping about is horse shit. If Vortex is such a great Patriotic American company they way you imply, why do they even make anything out side the USA? Why does Bushnell, or any other company, have made-in-china products? Why? They manufacture stuff in China so AMERICANS CAN AFFORD to buy them. You seem to think that any hard working American can afford a $500 scope, about which you seem very condescending. Calling people " range plinker ninjas," you're a condescending son of a bitch. What? Your shooting hobby is serious business benefiting the society somehow? Your ability to shoot a rifle is more worthwhile than "range plinker ninjas"? I know plenty people who can hardly afford $300 scopes on their rifles that were handed down from their fathers or grandfathers. And they seem happy to have chimcom cheap scopes better than no scopes. Thehun, your horse shit is no better than Snipe260's.

Last edited:
You completely missed my point in your rage and complete inability to comprehend. Whatever.

You come on here making a bold statement that a Vector optic is better than Kahles...and you don’t think people will refute your claim. Like seriously... common sense would have told you that will happen.

Don’t white knight me on buying American when you just bought Chicom...

Since you brought up Japan...prior to WWII they created but not to the standards of Europe and America. After the war...their whole infrastructure got uplifted by us (since we dropped the nuke on them) as we dumped millions of dollars into Japan's reconstruction. They literally gained roughly 10 or so years in manufacturing capability and they took advantage of that and started innovating for the Asian market. They became so good with efficiency, particularly in the automotive industry, that American and European manufacturers could not match it.

China was literally setup to produce and take since the 90s and such they are provided American/European engineering in exchange to their manufacturing capability for our hunger for cheap prices and quantity.

As their economy grew, particularly in early 2000s on...the CCP has came up with a bold plan to overtake the US in economy power by 2025 (and they were on track up until 2018). I am it is not like they sent their people over to the US in large numbers to get American engineering degrees, then internships with large corporations...then they took all that knowledge back to China. They started blend creativity with productivity. They forgone certain health/safety measures on being able to produce infrastructure faster. They also started to heavily influence the African and Eastern European regions...

Today. China is literally holding millions of people in concentration work camps (these people are held do to religious, political or any other anti-CCP lifestyles)...literally thousands are dying each day...so sorry if I hurt your feelings about trying to not buy Chicom...we can’t escape it all. But we can help it.

I am WITH YOU that majority Americans do not care about America anymore and go for cheap. We created this monster, our overall hunger for materialism. We glorify idiotic professional athletes and celebrities more so than American grit...(I feel like I am more American as a 1st gen immigrant than maaaany American born citizens).

But in closing, many on here, including me try our hardest to support America and allies. When you made the bold claim that a Chicom optic is better than the Kahles...people will question it as will I...

When you brought up glass quality...many of us...that isn’t always the priority...if it doesn’t hold up for what we do ... it has no use. Some of us use equipment as a profession both within government/civilian. Or some use it to heavily compete with it. Some also just want the best there is...well..because they can and have the means to buy it...

At a static 100 yard range...optical quality doesn't matter too much...once you go 700+...that is where glass gets really important...and difference maker...

Enjoy your Vector. Hope it serves you well. For the record...I really like US Made UTG parts...they have exhibited great quality. Even their non-US made stuff like the slim series (Philippine) iron sights work.

Last edited:
Oh for Christ sake. Why all the ranting. Its common knowledge that probably 90% of all scopes are made in Asia. Either China, Philippines, or Japan. The rest are Europe and East Europe, and a tiny sliver in the US. Do a search on company logistics for almost every US based scope company. They almost all get their glass from Asia. The US stopped manufacturing after NAFTA and shitty trade agreements that made the execs rich and moved all the factory work over seas. Thats why I like "America First" and MAGA.

That being said, Vector Taurus and Continental models are awesome scopes with great glass, great tracking, reliable, built well, and affordable. WTF is wrong with that? If you have not looked through one or played with one, then STFU, cause you dont know what you are talking about. Dont be butthurt that you may have spent $3000 on a "name brand" scope that you can now get one that is good enough to compete with it at 1/3 the cost. Look through the 42mm Ocular on the 34mm Continental, and then relay
your findings. It blew me away, and I have become a believer.

I stay away from Chinese products when I can because fuck communism and China.
Two more comparison pics with the Sun out this time. It was rainy in NY yesterday. These compare the Primary Arms Apollo Platinum with the Vector Optics Taurus. Both FFP. One is LOW glass, the other Schott glass. They are very very very close.

Attachments

• 20201206_111313.jpg
    20201206_111313.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 348
  • 20201206_111229.jpg
    20201206_111229.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 333
Hey smart guy, so you're saying people are knowingly and willingly pay $2000 or $3000 for a so-so glass that tracks well? Only stupid people like you would do that. And there are stupid people like you for sure. I pay 1/3 for that and my chicom Vector tracks just fine. In fact it tracks better than my Sightron SIII Japanese made scopes and the Philippine-made Diamond Vortex. You're saying the Chinese copy and don't create. So theJapanese don't copy stuff like the Chinese? So LOW didn't copy like the Chinese before they got better at producing scopes on their own? Like I said, if it weren't for the Chinese, you would be yapying $800 for a mil-dot Bushnell and MOA turrets. If you don't have the Chinese making less expensive scopes, you would pay two or three times more for the same quality made in the Philippines or Japan.

It's funny how people like you talk about American made scopes, rings, and other shooting accessories and take pride in that. However when it comes to real living necessities like the roof on people's houses or the floor in their kitchen, they don't ask for American made stuff especially when they see the estimates. They only ask for quality at cheaper prices. They don't care where it came from but only what they can afford. In many cases, people literally can only afford to fix or upgrade their homes because of chicom materials. They don't ask for American made nails, screws, titles, side-dings, paint, etc. etc.. They don't care except that they can afford to fix their homes properly. So when I hear horse shit from you, thehun, it's nauseating. What you are yapping about is horse shit. If Vortex is such a great Patriotic American company they way you imply, why do they even make anything out side the USA? Why does Bushnell, or any other company, have made-in-china products? Why? They manufacture stuff in China so AMERICANS CAN AFFORD to buy them. You seem to think that any hard working American can afford a $500 scope, about which you seem very condescending. Calling people " range plinker ninjas," you're a condescending son of a bitch. What? Your shooting hobby is serious business benefiting the society somehow? Your ability to shoot a rifle is more worthwhile than "range plinker ninjas"? I know plenty people who can hardly afford $300 scopes on their rifles that were handed down from their fathers or grandfathers. And they seem happy to have chimcom cheap scopes better than no scopes. Thehun, your horse shit is no better than Snipe260's.
Go suck a bag of dicks with your commie president Biden!

Reactions: JMGlasgow
I'm going with above picture in pic#27, that the blue hue(abberation) is on the vector. My taurus 5-30 was the same. It's cheap glass with chromatic aberrations

I'm going with above picture in pic#27, that the blue hue(abberation) is on the vector. My taurus 5-30 was the same. It's cheap glass with chromatic aberrations
I dont see it in mine. Cannot beat it for the price. My third is on the way. (I did return the new 34mm Continental though) and bought the Platinum Primary Arms with Apollo reticle for my 6.5

OP

So you think the Chinese are using real "German Schott ED HD Glass" in their optics? Really?

Sure go buy some Chinese baby formula for your infant it has everything your baby needs.

Because the Chinese are honest.

Because the Chinese are honest.
[/QUOTE]

They're right up in Canada doing cold weather combat training, not too far away, could go ask them

Hey, I am not the OP of this thread, I just agree with him/her from my experience with Vector's premium line of optics. I do understand that there may be some hostility towards the Chicoms, but we have to blame ourselves for allowing our neighbors to vote in Marxist scum, and allowing our manufacturing base to be sent overseas.

They just took advantage of the corrupt assholes that were elected. If you want to bring quality optic manufacturing back to the US, then start a freaking optic company, and elect politicians that will protect your business, and not the chicoms.

Politics aside, it's biggest problem might be the Brownell's japanese made 3-18X and 5-25X MPO's which are now $899-
I think to most people, that small price difference is worth paying for the perceived better quality and manufacting of LOW (or JO wherever it's sourced) + Brownells easy warranty and returns if it turns out to be a dog....Ilya seems to quite like the 3-18 MPO

Politics aside, it's biggest problem might be the Brownell's japanese made 3-18X and 5-25X MPO's which are now $899-
I think to most people, that small price difference is worth paying for the perceived better quality and manufacting of LOW (or JO wherever it's sourced) + Brownells easy warranty and returns if it turns out to be a dog....Ilya seems to quite like the 3-18 MPO
Yeah, Ilya knows his scopes! I actually bought one of the Brownells MPO's when they first came out.(somewhere on the hide with pics) I did a side by side with one of my Vector scopes. The glass, reticle and build quality of the MPO was top notch, but I ended up returning it, as the glass was just not as crisp as the Vector at a lot less cost.

I have no freaking clue how they do it for so cheap, but the Taurus and Continental have great glass TO MY EYES for the money. YMMV. If you want a different comparison, the Platinum PA apollo I just bought (LOVE that Reticle! Thanks Dimitri!) is just as good as the Vector Continental, but the Continental actually beats it in sight picture with its large 42mm Ocular lens. That large piece of glass at 4 inches is like looking through a picture window. I dont know of any other scope that has a 42mm Ocular matched to a 56mm objective, especially under $1000.

Personally I purchased the vector sentinel 6-25x for my daughter’s competition.22! Last year there weren’t a lot of reviews on Vector and the ones I did find where from Asia and couldn’t follow along. I took the plunge and gave Vector a chance. It arrived quick, unboxing it I was impressed. Stepping out on the front porch I was impressed with clarity with a nice fine reticle.

I was mounted on her rifle and we headed the range to zero her rifle. 4 shots and we were on the Bull shooting SK match ammo. We conducted the box test and it performed like a champ. We dialed it out to 200 years in 25yards increments and back to zero with no issue at all.

Her rifle has since shit 4 NRL22 matches and ranked 2nd in two of them. It gets a lot of smack talk at the range but it does what it needs too and it was only $280.

I have one of these – the Vector Continental 34 mm 3-18x50 FFP – for about a year now. I will start by saying – this is dramatically better than all I have seen from China before.

1632693584727.png

Bought it because (1) I do not have $$$ to equip all my rifles with S&B or Kahles and (2) because I like pain an suffering. On pt. (2) that was a big disappointment – the tool actually works way better than I could have expected.

Yes, they are doing it right – FFP, mil/mil, zero stop, 44 mrad of total elevation (higher zoom models don’t have that). The huge elevation range means I can fix it on a 0 MOA mount and still be able to click 99%+ distances I can reasonably reach. There are 20 mrad of available elevation (newer versions apparently can use 30 -- here goes the "long range" .22), 10 mrad per turn, turn indicator is done the Kahles K style – a small button which raises from the elevation turret.

I checked the click value, for elevation it’s 98% of the announced (204 clicks for 20 mrad), for windage it is 100%, and it is uniform across the whole adjustment range. Mechanics are precise and repeatable. Tactile clicks ok.

1632693643458.png
1632693667557.png

Did not try it on a 338, but after 1000+ rounds of 308 and 7.5x55, it did not hiccup (I continue the observations). It has successfully survived freezing temperatures and heavy rain (I wait to have both at the same time to see how it behaves).

Optics are very good. It is certainly not worth a S&B or Kahles, but for the price this glass quality is quite unseen.

1632693722940.png

The photo does not do it justice (I am a poor photographer); there are no noticeable distortions or chromatic aberrations.

The depth of field beyond 400 m, and the eyebox are comfortable. Parallax correction actually works, and works from 10 m or so, which makes it a good dry fire companion.

A criticism: on low magnifications (3-4x), the edges of the picture are going out of focus. The camera exaggerates the effect, but it is noticeable to the eye (doesn’t bother me too much, as I aim with the centre).

1632693891422.png

I don’t much like the reticle, but this is not specific to the scope at hand; it’s a problem of all them new fashioned "christmas trees" – it seems to be designed to only work well on 8x or above -- the lines are too thin. On the other hand, I would have preferred a smaller central dot, but since it is the only part which is illuminated, the compromise is ok (the illumination, btw, works as expected).

1632694174294.png

All in all – excellent value for money.

Last edited: