• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VECTRONIX IS BACK in the US!

jb1000br

Jason@EuroOptic
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2001
On my Belly
After a bit of a hiatus, Vectronix (now Optics1) products will be available again very soon! We are proud that EuroOptic is the only US Authorized Commercial Distributor - you can see the options that will be available in the link below.

We should have the first shipment next month - tripods and rangefinders. Call me or PM me if you would like to reserve anything!

Thanks!

Jason

Last edited:
Thanks Jason! Awesome news. They've put a sour taste in a lot of user's mouth with their past US support tactics though. I'm on my second Terrapin and if not considering a 25C I would take a 3rd hypothetically. Great products, hate how they treat the civilian crowd here in the States. It's no secret and I am by far not alone, so please don't feel like I am trying to derail a vendor's post. You guys are my only source for optics and many other items.

Do you know if Optics1 is going to service eligible units here in the US or will still need to be approved then shipped overseas for repair?

I've been considering a PLRF25C sometime in the future, but the support-side (whether I have to pay for it or not) has held me back honestly. I prefer that a unit be repaired in under a month instead of 9+ months... especially given the initial cost and only a 1-year warranty. Big difference between support on a $2K unit versus an $8.5K unit if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Jason you are a cool dude but Vectronix can lick my nut sack lol. They still have the Terrapin I sent them over a year ago. They want 1800 to fix it. Fuck that my kilo 2400 works great.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Oh Joy, they are back to take everyone's money again, after $#@!%&* over who knows how many previous owners.
Great products, but they have to be in the top 3, for having the worst customer service imaginable.
BUYER BEWARE!

I wonder what happened with the APO lawsuit? Hopefully APO put a bat up their ass.

I think a lot of people want to know if that means reasonable priced support for secondary market Terrapins will be available - other than shipping overseas and dealing with the State Department? If that is the case, I wouldn't hesitate to start recommending the used Vectronix units again to guys since they do perform well.

Reactions: enginerd
Only options you guys have is a PLRF25C on up lol... I'm guessing any warranty issues will be sent to EO and they will do the rest in sending it off to Optics1 here in the US. Of course only 1 year is covered.
Talking to Dave who works at warranty dept, basically the 1 year warranty starts once the original direct buyer (EO for example) gets the shipment in hand. So if in case you decide to buy a 25C from EO and they have had the LRF for 3 months.... you now have 9 months left.
From the way Dave explained it...

Only options you guys have is a PLRF25C on up lol... I'm guessing any warranty issues will be sent to EO and they will do the rest in sending it off to Optics1 here in the US. Of course only 1 year is covered.
Talking to Dave who works at warranty dept, basically the 1 year warranty starts once the original direct buyer (EO for example) gets the shipment in hand. So if in case you decide to buy a 25C from EO and they have had the LRF for 3 months.... you now have 9 months left.

Ah yes, Dave Scholler, guy I called 50,000 fucking times. Horrible customer service.

I know his backstory. It's a joke, albeit significantly less humorous now.

- Is the warranty longer than 1 year?

- Is the warranty based off manufacture date or date of sale?

- Even during the warranty period, is the 'pay us money to tell you whats wrong with it' bullshit still in effect?

- What happens to units with issues 1 day out of warranty, 2 years out of warranty, etc?

- Any reserve support for old warranty issues, or is the name change primarily to separate themselves from that?

For the amount of cash their products cost, their back-end and warranty support are/have been fucking laughable.

I think there is still a $14 Million Dollar Lawsuit against them (Vectronix) from Ashbury, not sure that has been resolved yet.

The warranty problems are the number one issues people have. They either have to deal with no support, years of bad support, or like noted, State Dept, Government interference considering the units "military only" or stolen. I had to go through a bunch of hassles as a NCIS tried jacking up the site and it's members over the closeout sale a couple years ago. they wanted the IP of everyone who mentioned a Vectronix and it was one of the only times I openly refused to cooperate with LE on here.

Ok wtf ? Lowlight I am a little slow so you may have to draw this one with a crayon.
NICS the gun purchase background check system/organization wanted IP address of every one who talked about this gadget?

He may have meant NCIC. It's a database of stolen items, among other things.

That really doesnt make it sound any better. That is quite some over reach on behalf of uncle sam.

I hope this is a joke. If you knew his backstory and what he has sacrificed for our country his mathematical abilities would be of absolute zero concern.

Its all good. I unfortunately know Roddd personally haha. Thanks for the back up though!

Naval Criminal Investigation, NCIS ...

They were trying to tag everyone with or talking about any model Vectronix including Terrapins ... they gave us a bit of a headache until we brought others in to show them civilians could buy Vectronix Lasers

Not in the market, but if I was, I'd avoid Vectronix like the plague. Too much Stank on this thread to take the risk. With this much open hostility, you can't say there wasn't a big clue.......
2 years and a customer still doesn't have his Terrapin back ? Good grief, that goes way beyond negligence....

that is just fucking stupid.

I have no experience with them, but I can't recall, at least in recent history, a company that has a product with such a stellar reputation of being the very best, a price that is so much higher than their competition, and a customer service reputation that garners almost universal open hostility towards them. What a shame. The CEO needs to be reading this thread. I'd love to own a Terrapin or its replacement someday, but there's no way I'd touch one with such universal hatred from their customer base. In my opinion, if they were smart, they'd re-release the Terrapin, or an updated equivalent product, aimed at the civilian market and priced accordingly (not DoD-type pricing), something in the ballpark of what the Terrapin used to sell for. Then, make an open and honest commitment to stand behind the product to the full extent of the warranty and then service beyond that - all in attempt to rebuild some of the goodwill they squandered.

With vectronix I used to have the patience of a saint. Now I am Saint Dicky McFuckoff.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I've never had to use the warranty, I guess it sucks. Sorry for those who have had to use it. Mine just gives me the correct range with little fuss. I get hits. I like my terrapin.

It would be interesting to see the percentage of sold vs the units requiring repair. I totally get it about the bad experiences. I have owned a couple of terrapins, flawless RF in every way. Currently I run a PLFR15 and it is simply outstanding. I really love to hunt and at times conditions are so bad (rain/fog or snow) that the only thing that will work well is my Vectronix. On 3D I hit the snow interference at 37-40 yards and then I get the hit on an elk @ 800 or whatever. I carry the Sig as well because it simply is so small and light weight it simply does not add any burden and it is great in clear conditions at reasonable ranges.

All of that being said If I pull my PLRF out this morning and does not work...well I certainly would be bummed.

Vectronix should take a page out of the playbook of Swarovski. Regardless of what their warranty says, you can send in an old beat up binocular that you pick up used for cheap and they will do an entire repair/cleaning etc free of charge. That has paid off big time for them. Now we are seeing several companies step up with outstanding warranties.

The ones that do not seem to be the companies that get their big sales from government contracts; hence they apparently have little motivation to take care of their minuscule civilian market. Unless Vectronix steps up big time in CS they certainly should not expect to sell many 25C's.

Jesus, reading this thread is utterly bizarre. How some optics companies can set the bar so high, while others set it so low you have to pull the floorboards to find it, is astounding.

I don't care how good their products are, if there is no repair or CS it's not worth depending on.

I've never had to use the warranty, I guess it sucks. Sorry for those who have had to use it. Mine just gives me the correct range with little fuss. I get hits. I like my terrapin.

I was the same and had zero problems with it. My issue was, that unlike every other piece of gear I brought out with me, if the Terrapin all of a sudden broke, it was a paperweight.

I was more comfortable selling it to someone who wanted it instead of it being potentially worthless.

I had a similar experience with a new from an authorized Leica dealer on new 10x42 HDR2200. I thought it would be a great addition. I took it out on the back deck the day I received it and tried to range our deer, horses etc between 500-800 yards. I was comparing it to a leica 1600, sig2000 and PLRF15.

it was very inconsistent, changed out batteries 2x new sets, using RRS tripod on everything, just switching out optics. I was very dissatisfied and ended up boxing it up and returned it. Of course the dealer tested and said it performed perfectly - so I took the "gotta to sell now as a used unit hit".

I think any of these electronic devices (including this IPAD, my laptops, phones, cars, trucks, motorcycle, SXS) are subject to failure and obsolescence.

I just came in from ranging with the K2400 and the PLRF15. Even with the lack of warranty the PLRF is so impressive I will run it as long as I can.

JB1000br, given all the angst about the warranty and the price point of Vectronics, it might be a good idea for EuroOptic to chime in with how these issues will be handled in the future.

One thing that might help some guys be able to see their way clear would be if the units were shipped to you for warrenty and if you made a loaner available to stand in for broken units.

I had a similar experience with a new from an authorized Leica dealer on new 10x42 HDR2200. I thought it would be a great addition. I took it out on the back deck the day I received it and tried to range our deer, horses etc between 500-800 yards. I was comparing it to a leica 1600, sig2000 and PLRF15.

it was very inconsistent, changed out batteries 2x new sets, using RRS tripod on everything, just switching out optics. I was very dissatisfied and ended up boxing it up and returned it. Of course the dealer tested and said it performed perfectly - so I took the "gotta to sell now as a used unit hit".

I think any of these electronic devices (including this IPAD, my laptops, phones, cars, trucks, motorcycle, SXS) are subject to failure and obsolescence.

I just came in from ranging with the K2400 and the PLRF15. Even with the lack of warranty the PLRF is so impressive I will run it as long as I can.

agreed.

Ive been using a terrapin for the last year and it sure is impressive. I stumbled across a good deal on a vector Iv the the other day.. Yesterday I was out ranging tree lines at 3000 yards with the vector in bright sun with snow on the ground. The terrapin will do tree lines out to 2500 with no problem but after that it's spotty in bright sun conditions. Hard targets like buildings they both go further. As for the vector, it's amazing that 20 year old technology outperforms what is available to civilians today.

so until someone comes along with something better I guess I'll go on with what I have and hope for the best.

agreed.

Ive been using a terrapin for the last year and it sure is impressive. I stumbled across a good deal on a vector Iv the the other day.. Yesterday I was out ranging tree lines at 3000 yards with the vector in bright sun with snow on the ground. The terrapin will do tree lines out to 2500 with no problem but after that it's spotty in bright sun conditions. Hard targets like buildings they both go further. As for the vector, it's amazing that 20 year old technology outperforms what is available to civilians today.

so until someone comes along with something better I guess I'll go on with what I have and hope for the best.

This. I bought a PLRF10 recently and am planning on just running it until it's done.

agreed.

BFD LOL are you lobbing artillery?

That is the kind of info that could be useful when planing a stalk.

In what way? Unless you are a raptor or the bionic man, seeing game (i am assuming that is what you are "stalking") at over 2 miles thru a 5x optic is a bit of a stretch. No one is arguing that their products are good when they work. Their customer service is horrible, and very few people need an $8000 range finder. So keep ranging big mountains and say how cool it is when in reality it is pointless for most average shooters. The Terrapin was nice for an $1800 piece of equipment, but it is a legacy piece of equipment now with no real product support. My G7 had an alignment issue and it was $125 bucks and 3 week turn around. My Terrapin had the same issue and it was $1800 to repair and who knows when to get it back. Fuck that, keep it.

In what way? Unless you are a raptor or the bionic man, seeing game (i am assuming that is what you are "stalking") at over 2 miles thru a 5x optic is a bit of a stretch. No one is arguing that their products are good when they work. Their customer service is horrible, and very few people need an $8000 range finder. So keep ranging big mountains and say how cool it is when in reality it is pointless for most average shooters. The Terrapin was nice for an $1800 piece of equipment, but it is a legacy piece of equipment now with no real product support. My G7 had an alignment issue and it was $125 bucks and 3 week turn around. My Terrapin had the same issue and it was $1800 to repair and who knows when to get it back. Fuck that, keep it.

I get it, you don't like Vectronics. Here is a simple solution, don't buy Vectronics.

I understand some folks have had issues in the past and unfortunately I can not explain that away, nor justify it. All that I can do is start fresh with our involvement and I will update you about the current warranty situation regarding units that you purchase from us (EuroOptic). Our first official Vectronix Rangefinder product of 2017 have just arrived!

JUST IN STOCK: Vec Tripods, Vector 4, Vector 21 Aero, Vector 23 (25c due soon)

WARRANTY UPDATE : Any Vectronix product purchased from EUROOPTIC in 2017 will carry a full 1 year warranty from purchase date.

Any other questions or to purchase, please hit me up or call in and ask for me - you can also see all that is available at the link below.

Thanks!

Jason

Last edited:
1 year warranty....how generous.
Sorry Jason but Vectronix can go pound sand....great units when they work..... But they have willingly shafted good folks for years.
The brand comes with a stink that you won't be able to wash away until folks have their units back or replaced.
That your company would willingly take them on as a brand is odd and seriously puts me off to Europotic.

Good luck with that.

Last edited:
Competitors are charging less and offering a five year warranty on the electronics. If they want back into the PR market they're going to have to do some work.

Like a competitive warranty...5 years. Track down and return/replace items guys have sent in for repair that were never returned. Boost the warranty, if eligible, of older units up to the new standard.

If the new warranty is 3 years or 5 years and I bought a Terrapin two years ago, honor the warranty on mine for another 1 or 3 years. Restore some faith that it's anything but a 2-5k paperweight if it breaks.

I believe peoples here are correct I think Vectronix is using and abusing your reputation for their needs, listen what customer think about them and rethink your decision about marketing tgeir products under your name and reputation.
i have always had great support and service from you and I an gratefull for that, but my terrapain is not working
Good luckI believe peoples here are correct I think Vectronix is using and abusing your reputation for their needs, listen what customer think about them and rethink your decision about marketing their products under your name and reputation.
I have always had great support and service from you and I am grateful for that, but my terrapain is not working
Good luck

Last edited:
I love my Tarrapin now, but if it goes down I'm going to haaaaaaaaate Vectronix!!!!!!!!

They need to change their warranty policy. It's a rip off paying almost as much as the original purchase to get one repaired and doubly ugly to wait a year to get our RF back! What are we supposed to do in the meantime, buy another Co's RF???

Jason,

Is the SST3-3 tripod equivalent to the old TACT3 SEL designation? I've got a TACT3 S and am looking to upgrade to the SEL.

1 year warranty....how generous.
Sorry Jason but Vectronix can go pound sand....great units when they work..... But they have willingly shafted good folks for years.
The brand comes with a stink that you won't be able to wash away until folks have their units back or replaced.
That your company would willingly take them on as a brand is odd and seriously puts me off to Europotic.

Good luck with that.

Well said Euro Optic needs to run from these guys.

A legitimate question for former Vectronix owners with bad experiences. My PLRF15 is a fabulous RF. If it had a a 5 year warranty (which of course it does not). Would you sell it while it was working well in the 4th year of warranty or keep it? How about your Leica RF Bino's? Similar issue or perhaps the Sig 2400AB? Just sell during during warranty ad then buy another?