• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Vectronix plrf15 with pvs14 ?

jamebeck

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2017
North Carolina
1593178476644.png
Who's had experience using these two together ranging at night ?

Last edited:
... Relatively Poor Man's Sensor Fusion ...

Hecque I wouldn't be surprised if just the RRS stuff in that pic wasn't approaching $5k !! :D

==

Now I thought the issue with using Vectronix with 14s was the Vectronix were 1550nm ranging lasers, so not visible with 14s. Maybe some of them have two di-odes and can switch to 905nm ?

Reactions: TheHorta
Hecque I wouldn't be surprised if just the RRS stuff in that pic wasn't approaching $5k !! :D

==

Now I thought the issue with using Vectronix with 14s was the Vectronix were 1550nm ranging lasers, so not visible with 14s. Maybe some of them have two di-odes and can switch to 905nm ?

The 14 is behind the eyepiece. Are the Digital bits on the PLRF NV-rated?

Reactions: wigwamitus
I've been trying to buy one for like a year now. Ashbury never answers their fucking phone and never responds to emails.

How much for you to make a mount.? I have a vector IV and a Pvs 14 that would love to pair together like that ;-)

For a single PVS-14 you can use a MonoLoc on the right ocular.

Reactions: 300NIMP
I could be wrong but I think mine is made by Wilcox..the one that the OP posted.. Ill confirm after digging it out.

I've used the Ashbury setup and it can be a little tricky because the rubber on the PLRF body gets in the way of easily threading the adapter on. On darker nights it can be hard to get ranges beyond maybe 800 yards because the picture is so dark it can be hard to tell what you're ranging. Also, it goes without saying but the numbers can be hard to read because the PVS will be focused at distance. But if there's bright ambient light like in a city, the results can be impressive IMO.

plrf15c night.jpg

Reactions: jamebeck
I've used the Ashbury setup and it can be a little tricky because the rubber on the PLRF body gets in the way of easily threading the adapter on. On darker nights it can be hard to get ranges beyond maybe 800 yards because the picture is so dark it can be hard to tell what you're ranging. Also, it goes without saying but the numbers can be hard to read because the PVS will be focused at distance. But if there's bright ambient light like in a city, the results can be impressive IMO.

View attachment 7361204
Very Good Intel !!!!!!!!