• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vectronix Vector 21 questions

knutsont

Minuteman
Oct 26, 2012
Midwest
Just picked this up recently. There are a couple of things a little odd about it and wanted to see if anyone could verify for me.

First, it's a model 21C...what's the "C"? Part number is 904017. I've seen B and non-alpha, but never a C. Just a revision? Built-in-test shows "Type 23".

Second, the illuminated readout is not fully in focus across the reticle. That is to say, if the center aiming box is in focus using the diopter, let's say the far left of the distance display is slightly out-of-focus. I'm guessing the reticle may be a touch out of alignment in there...

Appreciate the help guys.

Wish I could help with your other questions but I'm pretty sure the "C" means it has a built in digital compass.

NICE LRF. I need one SO bad... The 21 would be the cat's ass too; anything Vectronix would be.

My advice with stuff on here is the same as it is with pretty much all questions whether they get answered on here or not: call the mfg. first thing Monday. I always call the mfg. when I have questions.

Yeah, I know that's the convention with the PLRF series. Thought maybe this was different being there is a 21B version. I tried calling Optics 1 Friday for an origin and theft check, but I was told the 2 people who could help with that were out. I'll try again tomorrow.

Those are usually Mil units. 21B is Army and I believe reads Meters only. You should check if yours reads meters, yards and feet. It can also be if it has a reticle or not like the Vector4 vs Vector4 SR1 (has a reticle).

Yeah, reads meters, yards and feet. Also has a reticle.

I heard back from Optics 1. I thought they used to keep a database of any follow-up information on these units such as reported theft. However, the rep I got in touch with at Optics 1 (Thomas Ackerman) said they only have information on the initial sale/recipient. Initial sale was to the Navy, but no information beyond that. I guess the post-sale data may have been through Ashbury, and Ashbury may have made other points of contact to trace any theft reports. I'm guessing Ashbury wants nothing to do with anything Vectronix/Optics 1 at this point.

Well, I guess that's about as much diligence as I can do. I'm getting good distance pings out to 10k yards, so I'm pretty darn happy with it.

Cheers.

Sounds good.

PM Cory Trapp on here or call Gunsite to get ahold of him as he's really knowledgeable on vectronix LRF. Has a IV and 21's lol. He was a sub dealer for Ashbury I believe.

Appreciated, thanks. Hey NoLegs, I'm still very much enjoying that H59 Beast you sold me a while back...thanks again for that, too!

How much that run! I just used one at a range the other day and I have to say they are really nice. Good for spotting trace and to range with.