• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Vehicle hide question?

Angry Ed

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2010
CO
I am trying to get info for police sniper deployment from a vehicle hide for urban settings. I have found one article that mentions anything about vehicles. Anyone have any links or ideas on where to look?
Specifically, I am trying to narrow down ideas for shooting ports etc. (versus windows). I don't know how hard of a sell it will be for my department so I am also trying to get any literature to write up a proposal.
If there is any super secret info I can provide my work email
wink.gif

Re: Vehicle hide question?

Didn't the school that your Dept. sent you to go over vehicular/urban hides? This also makes me wonder how you are going to write up a proposal for training when you haven't any(or limited) knowledge on the subject matter yourself? Not trying to bust your balls but this is only your second post and you are wanting some "OPSEC" information. This is a "touchy" subject so I doubt you will find much on an open forum such as this. Good luck. Steve.

Reactions: Bigrederic

Steve,
The school I attended covered urban hides, but no vehicles. I have spent hundreds of hours in various vehicles doing surveillance for narcotics so I know what we would need for the observation part. The ideas I need are for shooting ports etc.
For the most part, the team I am on has deployed on more rural settings. Basically this is something we realized we are lacking and we are trying to get this proposal set up to justify the expense of a vehicle (and its maintenance) that we can turn around and rig/drill/cut up to fit our needs.

The reason I offered my work email was because I figured specifics probably weren't for an open forum.

Thanks for the PM's. Insayn, I sent an email from work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angry Ed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve,
The school I attended covered urban hides, but no vehicles. I have spent hundreds of hours in various vehicles doing surveillance for narcotics so I know what we would need for the observation part. The ideas I need are for shooting ports etc.
For the most part, the team I am on has deployed on more rural settings. Basically this is something we realized we are lacking and we are trying to get this proposal set up to justify the expense of a vehicle (and its maintenance) that we can turn around and rig/drill/cut up to fit our needs.

The reason I offered my work email was because I figured specifics probably weren't for an open forum. </div></div>

Roger that. PM sent.

Depends on your mission. Gathering intell VS covering a teams approach. Same rules apply with any hide. Be creative and have guys with trained eyes pick the holes in your game.

Plenty of open discussion not limited to LE on this very subject on warriortalk.com.

I checked out warriortalk, thanks I had never heard of that forum!