• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Vehicle mounted thermal optics by Night Ride

Surgeon_Shooter

Sure Shot Night Vision
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 2, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Hello hide,

Pan tilt thermal optics for vehicles can be a very handy tool for hunting/scouting. Unfortunately pan tilt thermals have been very limited as far as options and very expensive to boot. We recently signed on with Night Ride to try out their solid mount and pan tilt vehicle mounted thermal optics. Those of you that know me, know that I refuse to sell anything I would not use myself. That being said I’ve been testing their pan tilt 640x512 19mm for close to 2 months now. I’ve had it on my truck as well as my ranger and so far I’m very pleased with the performance of their products. They are priced at a very affordable price point compared to other pan tilts on the market as well.

We will be carrying several models of their line and plan to keep the more popular ones in stock and ready to ship at all times. The video below should cover a lot of the specifics but please feel free to message me or ask any questions you may have about these.

Thanks,
    Jay
    Sure Shot Night Vision
    832-773-7003

Thanks for the video, any comment on FOV of the 19 vs the 35? Looks sweet and pricing seems right
    They are so close on FOV that it doesn’t seem to be much noticeable difference between the 2 honestly. I would prefer the 19 for the tiny bit of added detail over the small increase of added FOV. Yes the prices are MSRP in the video, SH pricing is even better than that!

Jay

@Surgeon_Shooter the 35mm has less detail than the 19mm? Interesting, I would have thought the opposite. Great to hear on pricing!
    My mistake for misreading your previous post. I thought you said 13mm.

Yes the 35mm will net better detail and farther positive ID than the 19mm. Yet the 35mm may lose a hair too much FOV for my liking. I’m speaking 100% off of personal speculation as I do not have the 35mm version to give you my thoughts on the actual unit. The moment they are released I will have one on the way to test.

Jay

Reactions: rlsmith1
    Jay, what's something like this look like price wise? I tried looking at your website but it looks like you are updating it.

My mistake for misreading your previous post. I thought you said 13mm.

Yes the 35mm will net better detail and farther positive ID than the 19mm. Yet the 35mm may lose a hair too much FOV for my liking. I’m speaking 100% off of personal speculation as I do not have the 35mm version to give you my thoughts on the actual unit. The moment they are released I will have one on the way to test.

Jay
    No worries, thought the 35mm would feel restrictive but detail might be nice for a stationary position. Excited to see more!

Jay, what's something like this look like price wise? I tried looking at your website but it looks like you are updating it.
    I listed all of the pricing in the video sir. I can message it over to you here shortly as I’m driving to the hospital at the moment. (Long story)

They are priced very well imo

Jay

Wanted to resurrect this thread to see if anyone has had any experience with these pan/tilts. Looking to get one of these but have a couple questions. Also looking at the ROVIR pan/titl but theres a pretty significant price difference.

1. How many mobile devices can you connect via wifi at the same time?
    2. Can you hard wire the thermal to a monitor?

Reactions: stefan73
    Wanted to resurrect this thread to see if anyone has had any experience with these pan/tilts. Looking to get one of these but have a couple questions. Also looking at the ROVIR pan/titl but theres a pretty significant price difference.

1. How many mobile devices can you connect via wifi at the same time?
    2. Can you hard wire the thermal to a monitor?
    Honestly not sure about connecting multiple units at the same time to Wi-Fi but I will find out today.

Yes you can hard wire the unit directly to a monitor.

If you have any questions or want to order, please give me a call at (832) 773-700three. I’d be glad to help!

Thanks
    Jay