• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

velocitors

Re: velocitors

Great round for hunting, kind of price'y for targets but they group well in all my .22's, including pistols. Have shot them to 200yds without issue, compared to other brands that were hawked as being all that, but weren't.
Winchester should be proud of these, as lots of guys around here only buy them, for everything now.

PS,... Dont tell the masses, as there will be a run on these now.

I bought a couple boxes of them. They definitely have a bit more pop to them than regular ammo. I put 10 over the chrono out of my 16" heavy barrel 10/22. Velocities were all over the place from about 1250-1450 fps. 50 yard accuracy was about 1".

So, OK if you want to hit something a little harder, not gonna win any accuracy contests. If forced to carry a .22 for personal defense, I'd pick this ammo.

I read over on another forum that CCI had put a tad slower powder in them that increased the velocity by about 40 fps over the first version of the Velocitor. That is a lot when your talking about a .22 LR. I use a hollow pointer for mine. I get a deep hollow point in about a 39 grained bullet. Very powerful even compared to a CCI mini mag. Turns the .22 LR into a much more deadly round IMHO.

Great round. High velocity, solid accuracy, and feeding. I DRT'ed 25lb Nutria with one round of this stuff.

I use only Velocitors in my Beretta 87.
Accuracy is great and the power is perfect for the guns operation. Stingers shoot well but the action cycles too quickly for the mag to block the slide back on the last shot.

I have a tricked out custom 10/22 that loves them. At 50yds it will hold a dim size group. My barrel is 1in straight no taper fully bedded. That sure helps. I picked up a case from a guy that didnt like them. Ive used them out west on a few varmint hunts.

I didn't have much luck with them.

5 shot groups were over 2 inches at 100 yards.
This made them the least accurate of the 15-20 different cartridges that I tested that day.

Velocity ranged from 1301-1371 from an Anschutz 2013 (~26 inch barrel)

I've shot many a prairie dog with them and I cannot tell the difference between those and stingers.

ive used them for target and they worked ok in my 10/22 i would like to use the stingers but you cant in a 10/22 but the velocitors are more than adaquite

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-style: italic">"i would like to use the stingers but you cant in a 10/22"</span> </span>

Why?

for some reason( I have heard various reasons) the stinger cartridge tends to eventually tear up 10/22 recievers. reasons include VERY slight length difference VS standard 22LR and the pressure difference. I do know that they are specificaly contraindicated in the owners manual from my last 10/22

Velocitors chamber fine in my Anschutz.

All CCIs are usually very tight. The Stingers will not chamber at all. (I gave up when the bolt handle was flexing!)

The did however chamber in another Anschutz match rifle that I was shooting. Accuracy was similar between the Stingers and Velocitors in that rifle.

You'll be okay shooting Stingers in a stock 10/22 barrel. If you get a barrel with a Bentz chamber, you risk getting a case stuck or a failure to chamber. Bentz chambers are tighter and in some cases not as long. Stinger cases are a bit longer than standard .22 ammo. Velocitors come close to Stinger velocities but use the standard .22 cases. Velocitors should be safe for Bentz chambers but accuracy may not be as good. I asked Louis at Whistle Pig if Velocitors would be okay in his barrels and he said they would be fine but most people have been getting better accuracy with standard velocity ammo. Mine seems to like Wolf target and Federal GM. Velocitors give a nice kick (for a .22) and a bit bigger flash compared to standard bulk stuff. Accuracy at 50 yards for me was only slightly worse than match stuff. At 100, it was clear that standard velocity stuff grouped better than hypervelocity ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CWSShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great round. High velocity, solid accuracy, and feeding. I DRT'ed 25lb Nutria with one round of this stuff. </div></div>

I DRT'ed two deer with a single heart/lung shot each lol one right after the other. About 125lb each