• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Velocity Q

rero360

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2008
South Pasadena, CA
I know this is going to sound stupid, but would anyone have an idea at a rough MV for this .308 load?

BH brass
175 SMK
42.6gr Varget
federal primer
COAL 2.808
shot out of a 1/10 24" Hart barrel

I know I need to get a chornographer, and I hope to get one once I have a steady flow of income (should be hired by Brinks tuesday) The above load is what I'm currently working with, subject to some further fine tuning. I'm playing around with the trial version of a balistic program and just want to get a rough idea of what I should be at.

Re: Velocity Q

I have no freakin idea but, we should start a contest to see who will come the closest. Then when you finally chrono it, you give the winner say 50 bucks. Sounds good to me. I am guessing 2572fps.

LOL, I wish I had 50 bucks to give away, but it would be an interesting little game to see who could come the closest.

Try this, zero it at 200, then put a target at say 500 or 600, elevate up till your in the bull, record your come up and check with JBMs program.

If I only had access to those kind of distances, I just moved and the nearest range isn't accepting new members until October, although the one guy I chatted with said that I would be a shoe in. The furthest distance at the range is about 250.